Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 12:52 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
For over 300 years....whites and blacks were given a different array of choices. Whites build up their lead over blacks during this period and have never looked back. The array of choices were set up for whites to have better options. It does not take a rocket scientist to see the accrued long term summation of this would be whites doing better than blacks today.
I am so tired of hearing 300 years as an excuse for someone's failures today. In just TWO generations, my family went from 8th and 10th grade education (my dad and mom), to Bachelor's degree (me), to doctorate (my son). I went from living in poverty as a child to upper class by the time I was 50.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:54 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
I am not talking about degrees. I am talking about wealth and social status. The fact is this. Most Jews immigrated away from their oppressors. Also, you are noting a religion and juxtaposing religions. You could be a Jewish convert with no blood relationship to the Jews who actually experienced death and persecution. Jewish is not a race....its a religion. Germany paid Reparations and did all sorts of things to amend and atone for their wrongs. Unlike America.
What do you think the total value of : transfer payments, subsidized housing, food stamps, affirmative action, favorable admissions to colleges, hiring quotas...how many trillions do they add up to?

Old 06-29-2020, 12:56 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I am so tired of hearing 300 years as an excuse for someone's failures today. In just TWO generations, my family went from 8th and 10th grade education (my dad and mom), to Bachelor's degree (me), to doctorate (my son). I went from living in poverty as a child to upper class by the time I was 50.
I bet dimes to donuts you could find a couple million black families that have stories almost identical to your own, if not more. Millions...with two commas.

Success and failure are individual measures, not collective. And in the United States, membership into various "birth collectives of circumstance" does not dictate the outcome of your entire life. There are simply too many contradictory examples for that worn out canard to be remotely true.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:56 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
They are all still Caucasians. I am aware that you subdivide each other, as well, but to blacks you are all "white". That having been noted, what you mention is totally irrelevant. The question to ask is why did not and could not Europeans simply remain in Europe? Why was the then "all white" Europe NOT the land of opportunity for whites?

They worked for no pay as the price for admission to America. They made a deal. They did not work as slaves. They worked as indentured servants. Indentured servant is not another term for "slave" that can be used interchangeably. Finally, probably less than 2% of whites in America are at least 1/8 the blood of indentured servants.

It's all meaningless if you don't want an explanation for why there is so much socioeconomic racial inequality between blacks and whites in this nation. I am ignoring any group where the average person in that demographic is not at least a 5 generation American. Natives, Blacks and Whites, in that order, have the longest history in America, in that order, in regards to how many generations in America a typical family has.
Response 1) Caucasians come from : Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, parts of Russia, Turkey, and Iran. Asia minor, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia. Lumping the British into this class is playing identity politics.

2) The reason they didn't remain in Europe was because of money. The corporations of the European world saw America as cheap materials, cheap labor, and unlimited resources. The same could not be said of Europe at the time.

3) Some indentured servants made a deal, some were incarcerated and sent here as slaves. In my ancestors' case, some were African salves and some were French slaves.

4) Almost all black African American's are not pure Africans DNA wise. Almost all descendants of American slaves are mixed with some European and Native American blood.

Almost 35% of all African-American men descend from a white male ancestor who fathered a mulatto child sometime in the slavery era, most probably from rape or coerced sexuality.

African Americans in the deep south (AL, MS, GA) have a higher percentage of African ancestry than other states with SC having the highest percent at 83% pure African DNA. This should not be surprising due to the fact that more than half of all African captives landed in Charleston, SC.

https://blackdemographics.com/geography/african-american-dna/

This leads me to a pressing question. How do you explain people like me who have both European, Caucasian, and African DNA, and can prove that my ancestors were slaves and identify on paper as white? Am I sitting on a throne or am I due reparations? How come I'm an evil white man in your eyes?

Almost 1/3 of all Americans who identify as white have at least one black ancestor. That's 50 million of us...

Old 06-29-2020, 12:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
In my family, it was one generation and two generations on the other side.

I think part of the problem with Indentured Servant is he doesn't want to put in the work and he wants white people to be punished for the sins of their ancestors - even if their ancestors weren't even in the damn country as was the case for you and I.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:03 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think part of the problem with Indentured Servant is he doesn't want to put in the work and he wants white people to be punished for the sins of their ancestors - even if their ancestors weren't even in the damn country as was the case for you and I.
From what he has said, he is properly successful, but he attributes almost none of that his own efforts and almost all to good luck at the time of his birth. In his worldview, NOBODY succeeds or fails primarily as a result of their own choices and behaviors, but rather as a result of various external factors at the moment of birth.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:07 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post

This leads me to a pressing question. How do you explain people like me who have both European, Caucasian, and African DNA, and can prove that my ancestors were slaves and identify on paper as white? Am I sitting on a throne or am I due reparations? How come I'm an evil white man in your eyes?

Almost 1/3 of all Americans who identify as white have at least one black ancestor. That's 50 million of us...
This could get very interesting.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:08 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And fat people.
Oh Lord, the humanity! What about UGLY fat people???

Quote:
Two equal beings both giving their all and one behind the other is a gap that cannot be closed unless the entity in front experiences a misfortune. I am not wishing misfortune upon anyone.
You either DON'T grasp or don't WANT to grasp that it ISN'T a "race" where one person wins. It isn't a zero sum game. What you can achieve or earn isn't limited by what I earn or where I am in life's ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Why not just have government policies that encourage marriage, like huge tax breaks for couples.
Before that government has to REMOVE the laws that HURT African American women who ARE married and stop punishing them for being married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
The government should definitely not fund anything through churches. Separation of church and state remember?
There is NO SUCH THING as separation of church and state. SCOTUS has upheld that religious based organizations CANNOT be discriminated against when competing for government money.

Quote:
That is not the same comparison. You would have to compare the Jewish plight in the land where Jews were oppressed. Thus, check the record in Germany and Egypt. America is the land of black oppression.
You somehow miss the point that Jewish people, Italians, Irish, Swedes, Slavs, Poles, etc WERE oppressed and discriminated against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Will any of this mean anything when whites become a numerical minority, and other races and ethnicities begin to flex their cultural and political muscle? Who will you run to then for redress?
African Americans have sat passively by while many of their jobs were stolen by illegal immigrants.

Quote:
If it was normal for humans to have recovered from what blacks experienced in America, without any help, then blacks would have done it long ago....just like normal humans would. It's only when people see blacks as being naturally subnormal that one argues as if blacks should not need assistance.
Perhaps you should read Dr. Walter E. Williams column this week:

Black Americans don’t need white guilt-driven paternalism

Old 06-29-2020, 01:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
From what he has said, he is properly successful, but he attributes almost none of that his own efforts and almost all to good luck at the time of his birth. In his worldview, NOBODY succeeds or fails primarily as a result of their own choices and behaviors, but rather as a result of various external factors at the moment of birth.
Thanks for the update - I purposely didn't even open his thread about luck, so missed his warped thoughts about that.

What a dismal view of life.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:18 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:
No one is using it as an excuse for failure. Its statistical probability. It's like actuaries determining the auto insurance rates for teenage boys. It's based upon empirical data and probabilities. When your kid gets his drivers licence and gets charged a really high rate, its not because he as an INDIVIDUAL will be reckless. Rather, it's saying that given empirical data this person is more likely than others to be in some sort of accident. Ergo, being a descendant of a people racially oppressed for 300 years is not saying that any particular individual will achieve less because of that, but that, rather, many will based upon empirical data and data on race and poverty in America.

Being tired of hearing something is not an argument. There is no hard or soft correlation between the validity of an argument based upon how new or old the argument is or how many times someone has heard it and is tired of it. Truth will infinitely remain true....so pace yourself so you do not tire....because it's going to be running a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies