Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 01:09 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Virtually certain it is not a private road. It is almost certainly a common facility owned collectively by the residents along the street. And it is virtually certain that every lot has an easement to use the street.

Now you get into the question of whether folk have a right to use the easement to get to the Mayor's house. And did anyone involved have permission to use the road?

It is a can of worms with all sorts of possible outcomes.

And no it is not legal to shoot trespassers. You can use force but only reasonable force. Shooting a trespasser would require a reasonable view that death or serious injury is coming from the trespasser.
A mob against two old people is a disparity of force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 01:10 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Virtually certain it is not a private road. It is almost certainly a common facility owned collectively by the residents along the street. And it is virtually certain that every lot has an easement to use the street.

Now you get into the question of whether folk have a right to use the easement to get to the Mayor's house. And did anyone involved have permission to use the road?

It is a can of worms with all sorts of possible outcomes.

And no it is not legal to shoot trespassers. You can use force but only reasonable force. Shooting a trespasser would require a reasonable view that death or serious injury is coming from the trespasser.
You don't understand the law. It is a private road. Residents pay for all maintenance. The city has no easement in those places. And you can shoot trespassers in Missouri if you think you are in danger. And in Missouri, you CAN protect property with deadly force.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That doesn't mean they didn't break the lock, even if it's not locked it's a private gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Does not matter. Just like entering someone's home. They entered private property illegally.
Nope. Not private. Communally owned with easement to homes.

It is more like the walk across your yard to your front door. Do you really think it is illegal for someone to approach your front door? And even if you had a no trespass sign on a gate I would think it would still be legal to open it and knock on your front door.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:11 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:

It is more like the walk across your yard to your front door. Do you really think it is illegal for someone to approach your front door? And even if you had a no trespass sign on a gate I would think it would still be legal to open it and knock on your front door.
You do not understand. The homeowners are responsible for all maintenance. There are no easements. My inlaws lived in one.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:12 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
They live in the most amazing house.
Yeah, that house is pretty awesome. I kept getting distracted by the house.
Me: yeah, ok... protestors, beginner gun people, yeah, whatever... move out of the way, I'm trying to see those carvings...hmmm. that's pretty cool. I wonder how big those giant planters are...? MOVE! I can't see!

Old 06-29-2020, 01:12 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
They live in the most amazing house. I don't blame them for threatening to shoot those underemployed "protesters."
I think they put themselves at more risk. They have been doxxed and there are some really vengeful people out there. Seeing those two yelling and waving guns around and a house like that, just makes them a target.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:13 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:

I am well within my rights to tell you to stay on the public sidewalk and not cross my private property line. Which is what they were doing. The "protesters" entered a private community posted as such.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you unaware that some of the buildings that were set on fire had people living above them in apartments? And homes were burned to the ground in some areas?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/stunn...erica-in-ruins

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...otests-n457223
If they are homes that are connected to a business then im aware of that. But i never heard of mobs of rioters and looters breaking into suburban homes stealing things.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:17 PM

6,568 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Wow...that lady needs gun training. At one point, with her finger on the trigger, she had her gun pointed at the back of the guy's head. I'm sure they were nervous.

Old 06-29-2020, 01:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You do not understand. The homeowners are responsible for all maintenance. There are no easements. My inlaws lived in one.
You're right, but some people don't understand the concept of gated community. The pizza delivery man can't even gain access unless someone has called the guard at the front gate to grant permission, or a resident buzzes them in - depending on which system they use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies