Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 03:12 PM

380 posts, read 164,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If I had a house like theirs, I'd lay low. To a lot of agitated people right now those two are the epitome of white privilege and everything they are angry about. I'd LAY LOW is all not go out and challenge a mob, clearly being inexperienced with their firearms. Notice that mob did not run, they stopped and stuck around to get videos and yell back.
Yep. They are now emboldened to do whatever they want and whenever they want. Soon enough these thugs are going to try this on the wrong house and there is going to be let's say a bad situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 03:13 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If I had a house like theirs, I'd lay low. To a lot of agitated people right now those two are the epitome of white privilege and everything they are angry about. I'd LAY LOW is all not go out and challenge a mob, clearly being inexperienced with their firearms. Notice that mob did not run, they stopped and stuck around to get videos and yell back.
Until the mob tries on this on the wrong house, then they won't be so emboldened.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If there is a No Trespassing sign and you enter, you broke the law. The sign they had up said "residents only". Same thing. I can't help if you feel you are above the law.
And you, like many, have no idea how the trespass statute actually works. We do not ever trespass regardless of what signage is up. And entering a tract to visit a home in it is unlikely to be trespass. Now it could be if the owner involved has banned you...but otherwise you have business there and there is no trespass. And the owner or resident may reject you and you need to leave. But there still is no trespass unless you refuse to leave.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:18 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Are you of the opinion that someone sent to deliver a present to you needs permission to open your gate and come up your walk? The same is true of an easement. They violate no law if they tail gate someone in to the tract. I would guess we tailgate someone into a tract a 100 times or more a year. And after 20 years we have yet to be called on it even once.

So the right to enter need not be explicit and in advance. It is a common thing.
Are you so entitled that you ignore all private property signage and make yourself at home wherever you please? That broker license does not give you rights beyond what others deign to allow when it comes to private property. Tailgating into a private community when you are not authorized is trespassing despite what you feel entitled to do.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
So quick to grab their guns and show them off, they forgot to put their shoes on. Maga dolts.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:25 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
I'm just glad they didn't shoot the protesters. It looks like they weren't looking to cause violence to the homeowners. They shouldn't be marching where they are (private street and all). Good thing neither side escalated it to the point of people getting shot.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:35 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And you, like many, have no idea how the trespass statute actually works. We do not ever trespass regardless of what signage is up. And entering a tract to visit a home in it is unlikely to be trespass. Now it could be if the owner involved has banned you...but otherwise you have business there and there is no trespass. And the owner or resident may reject you and you need to leave. But there still is no trespass unless you refuse to leave.
https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSecti...&bid=34963&hl= Missouri trespass law

Quote:
569.140. Trespass in the first degree — penalty. — 1. A person commits the offense of trespass in the first degree if he or she knowingly enters unlawfully or knowingly remains unlawfully in a building or inhabitable structure or upon real property.

  2. A person does not commit the offense of trespass in the first degree by entering or remaining upon real property unless the real property is fenced or otherwise enclosed in a manner designed to exclude intruders or as to which notice against trespass is given by:

  (1) Actual communication to the actor; or

  (2) Posting in a manner reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders.

  3. The offense of trespass in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, unless the victim is intentionally targeted as a law enforcement officer, as defined in section 556.061, or the victim is targeted because he or she is a relative within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity to a law enforcement officer, in which case it is a class A misdemeanor. If the building or real property is part of a nuclear power plant, the offense of trespass in the first degree is a class E felony.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:36 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Until the mob tries on this on the wrong house, then they won't be so emboldened.
Then all hell will break loose. They aren't going to run scared if one situation goes bad, they will just get angrier and cause more violent and personal forms of havoc. I don't think they are as scared of suburbanites with guns as some of us think.

During the LA riots they made their way into some residential areas that were outside the "bad" parts vandalizing and burning things, they didn't set a boundary where white people might live because they were scared Rob and Linda could have a pistol. LA was crazy, anarchy, they weren't thinking of anything but burning it all down.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:39 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I'm sure they got told at the gun shop that you can feel safe now because you are holding a $1000.00 or more in guns. These people need to be reminded that a thug murdered a 2 year old this past weekend. Every black person is a thug to some people. Thugs have no conscience. Its best to assume everyone is armed and not play tough and stay off their radar. Somebody see's your gun that should be the last thing they see. Our cities are awash in illegal guns I can't imagine how many illegal guns there are in East St. Louis. That's why they showed this miserable display. They probably thought they were Negroes from East St.Louis.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:46 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
did you post the meaning of the word "TARGET"
Were those rocks not aimed at the house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies