Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 04:39 AM

45,407 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Under the law they have the right to Protect their property the way they did. Thankfully it didn’t get more serious and everyone stayed in their own corner.

On a personal note though, the handling of their firearms was extremely amateur and reckless. I would be ashamed if I looked back on that video and I saw myself. I saw comments about the wife but what about the husband? What a total mess.
I can see why he needs it though as he probably needs a stool the reach his “sippy” cup on the top shelf In the kitchen.

Not surprising that Trump found it impressive as well. We know that big vagina couldn’t handle himself if **** went down either.
Quote:
Just ask yourself for one moment why you took my post so personally. Do you have posters of Trump pinned to your ceiling and a can of petroleum jelly next to the bed? I suspect you may.
I don't think it was taken personally so much that after what I bolded, which was legitimate and somewhat accurate, you went full dumbass with non-related opinion and insults. And then followed up on it later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 04:44 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
I live in a private gated community with HOA. The couple’s house is in a private community as well.

If a mob breaks down the gate to enter my private community, I will meet them up with with guns in my hands.

Everyone has the right to defend their property.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:55 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't think it was taken personally so much that after what I bolded, which was legitimate and somewhat accurate, you went full dumbass with non-related opinion and insults. And then followed up on it later.
So you’re the gentleman in the video? My apologies to you and the rest of the little people community.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:56 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Just ask yourself for one moment why you took my post so personally. Do you have posters of Trump pinned to your ceiling and a can of petroleum jelly next to the bed? I suspect you may.
What did I take personally? I acknowledge they could have used some training. Then I ask the question about a people in a country that bans guns having any better training then those in the video did...Do you debate the average person in England having far less experience with firearms than the average person in the US?

Old 06-30-2020, 05:05 AM

3,867 posts, read 5,292,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What did I take personally? I acknowledge they could have used some training. Then I ask the question about a people in a country that bans guns having any better training then those in the video did...Do you debate the average person in England having far less experience with firearms than the average person in the US?
The UK has a strong tradition of hunting and sport shooting, some of the most accurate shooters I have met in my life have been British. With that said just because I split time between London and the US for work reasons, doesn’t mean I am a “Limey”

Of course this whole conversation is stupid and I admittedly contributed to that.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:23 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Oh gawd. You think all the criminals outgun private citizens? If you think that is the case in you are mistaken.
Yep, wait for the police. They are always there instantly as soon as trouble arises. Perhaps presenting the firearms prevented their home from winding up like Wendy’s.

How are they bigots? Was the group 100% black? Did you hear them say they hated non white people? Weren’t some of people who broke the law armed.
Two policeman got shot in Tulsa yesterday, they "present" fire arms 24/7. It was not enough to keep someone who wanted them dead from trying to kill them. One of the criminals stood over the hit cop and shot him three more times.

I guess I have spent too much time around killing , criminals, and low life thugs to know better than stand in front of a thug with a gun while only threatening to use it. If there were any real thugs in that crowd they would killed that couple for sport and duck out of sight. How were they going to keep their eyes trained on multiple targets? That's why you don't pull a gun on a crowd.

The difference between criminals and us is they just don't care about killing.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-30-2020 at 06:14 AM..

Old 06-30-2020, 05:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
My problems with this are.....

1. The woman has poor trigger discipline.

2. The couple is obviously fairly well off yet their choice in firearms is weak.

3. I don't believe for a second they'd have survived if the crowd rushed them.

In theory I support people standing up and protecting their property, but they need to be better armed and better trained....and they need to pick their battles better. A bare bones AR and a James Bond pea shooter in the hands of obvious amateurs facing a decent sized crowd in an open environment is just asking to get yourself killed. Best case scenario they take one or two people down with them right before they get beat to death.
Also, not sure what the specific "brandishing" laws are in STL or MO, but that certainly seems like "brandishing" under the common usage/definition.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyQNoDLTLQU

As one of the comments touches upon, the McCloskey's were actually involved with the case of Isaiah Forman, who last May was seemingly kicked in the head by a police officer after Forman put his hands up to surrender and be secured. They also support BLM.
Their law firm has the case. Doesn't mean they support BLM- what do you have that shows that? Law firms take cases for all types of reasons; it's not an endorsement.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:47 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Also, not sure what the specific "brandishing" laws are in STL or MO, but that certainly seems like "brandishing" under the common usage/definition.
No link to what you think are the common usage/definition so I went and actually looked.

It wouldn't be brandishing since there is a probable threat.

In short, if you drive by someones house you don't like and wave your gun at them or flash your gun at McDonalds because they left the onions on your burger....that's brandishing.

If there is a mob on your private property it's not even remotely close to brandishing even if the locality has such a law.

Think of it another way, you live above your bodega in an apartment and hear someone break in below. You confront them on your property with a gun...would you expect to be arrested or the tresspasser? As it stands you're saying that the private property owner should be.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I live in a private gated community with HOA. The couple’s house is in a private community as well.
If the protesters were not on the couples private property, but on a road which belongs to the community, then that could make a difference in the eyes of the law. That being the case, its a good thing they held their fire, and that they stayed on their own lawn which IS their private property. Being the resident of a community does not make one a community cop.

Your house and your lawn is your private property, but the community grounds are not.

Quote:
If a mob breaks down the gate to enter my private community, I will meet them up with with guns in my hands.
The chances are you'd end up in legal trouble if you do it inside the community, but outside your own property lines .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies