Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 08:59 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Tell that to the judge, and good luck. You have the right to defend your own property, but when you start mowing down people to 'defend' the common grounds in your community, you will have a legal problem because laws DO apply in such communities.

I am a gun owner, and my point is simple: People who own guns MUST educate themselves of the laws, or they can end up in legal trouble. Anyone who has taken a concealed carry class would know this.

Maybe you do not know what Castle Doctrine means. It does not extend to the common grounds of an HOA community.

"The Castle Doctrine is a common law doctrine that allows residents to use deadly force against anyone, based on the notion that their home is "their castle." ... This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first."

If you make yourself the police of the common grounds, you can end up in a lot of trouble.

You're arguing a scenerio that didn't happen.

Nobody was "mowing down" anyone.

Neither of them fired their weapons..

They were simply letting the mob know not to come on to their property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 09:03 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
If they attempt to march on my private property, I am ready to defend myself and my property. They would be advised to get right with God before trying something so brain dead.
Just make sure you know the law, precisely. You sound a bit anxious.

We used to own acreage and had no trespassing signs but we'd catch people trespassing and even hunting on it. We didn't pull guns on them. Also have had kids crossing the yard and some homeless guy opened the fence gate and came in the back yard to ask us for money. Didn't pull gun. When did it become acceptable to shoot trespassers, lol, not in too many places. Prison is not a fun place to be cowboys and girls.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:06 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
If they attempt to march on my private property, I am ready to defend myself and my property. They would be advised to get right with God before trying something so brain dead.
Perhaps you should stick to playing violent video games in your mother's basement.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
A great many states dont allow deer hunting with anything less than .30 cal.
That has more to do with how humane it is for a quick kill at common hunting distances which are often dozens or hundreds of yards.

Doesn't mean that the .223/5.56 isn't a deadly round.

I hear the same nonsense about 9mm, .380 and .22's.

But funny how you never see these people willing to prove how wimpy these calibers are by volunteering themselves for target practice.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I don't think the liberal media realizes that their attempt to frame these folks in a negative light did NOT work out.

More Americans need to see "the people" rising up and holding their ground.

Great footage out of New York of a lady doing just that with respect to protesters that wanted to tear down a statue of Teddy Roosevelt:

https://twitter.com/BarrettWilson6/s...822377989?s=20

I saw that last night..... she's awesome!

"You got something to say little boy?"

Freaking punks.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're arguing a scenerio that didn't happen.

Nobody was "mowing down" anyone.

Neither of them fired their weapons..

They were simply letting the mob know not to come on to their property.
You NEVER ever aim a gun at people, like both of them did, unless you are ready to fire, and shoot to kill. These people were reckless as hell. They paint a picture of the most entitled members of society. Guns are serious business, these are smart people but acting stupid, so the only thing is they just feel above it all entitled to act reckless. If they were "scared" they never would have come out of that house.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:14 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
FYI When the BLM terrorist mob comes to your fortress like mansion. You are probably safer inside of it. Perhaps taking the long gun on the roof in a sniper position as not to be seen and watch them march by. Why they felt safe out in open like that instead of behind some stone walls or pillars makes me think they are posers. He did say he thought they were a violent mob.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Just make sure you know the law, precisely. You sound a bit anxious.

We used to own acreage and had no trespassing signs but we'd catch people trespassing and even hunting on it. We didn't pull guns on them. Also have had kids crossing the yard and some homeless guy opened the fence gate and came in the back yard to ask us for money. Didn't pull gun. When did it become acceptable to shoot trespassers, lol, not in too many places. Prison is not a fun place to be cowboys and girls.
This guy thought he knew the law and after accidentally shooting his own granddaughter, he was arrested.

https://www.startribune.com/rocheste...der/183452611/

Old 06-30-2020, 09:18 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Her trigger discipline is atrocious, but I give this couple points for standing up to people breaking into their private property.
Don't you gals hold your blow dryers steadier than she's holding that gun? Her hand looks like Otis the town drunk is holding it.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
FYI When the BLM terrorist mob comes to your fortress like mansion. You are probably safer inside of it. Perhaps taking the long gun on the roof in a sniper position as not to be seen and watch them march by. Why they felt safe out in open like that instead of behind some stone walls or pillars makes me think they are posers. He did say he thought they were a violent mob.
Some people actually think they are brave. That is not it, they are privileged, powerful and feel immune. They didn't even think they had to learn how to handle their weapons properly. Too important for that. They are used to intimidating the little people in court then bankrupting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies