Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 09:42 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,470,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's an opinion like most posts here.

Except for their recklessness handling the guns, that is a fact.
Hmm. Opinions are usually prefaced with “I think” or “I feel”. You came right out and created a narrative about these folks, however. So no, I’m not buying the “opinion” bit. But whatevs. Show your colors - it’s your right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 09:44 AM

77,921 posts, read 60,076,765 times
Quote:
You NEVER ever aim a gun at people, like both of them did, unless you are ready to fire, and shoot to kill. These people were reckless as hell. They paint a picture of the most entitled members of society. Guns are serious business, these are smart people but acting stupid, so the only thing is they just feel above it all entitled to act reckless. If they were "scared" they never would have come out of that house.
Is that how you prevent someone from throwing a molotov through your window? Stay inside?

Secondly, your other post about your behavior with people on your property did not involve a mob that had already gotten a reputation for violence and burning things. Equating them to a panhandler or someone out hiking on your land is unfair and you aren't even trying to put yourself in their shoes.

Now I agree with some of your points, but you keep ascribing completely different scenarios then saying their behavior in those scenarios is wrong and also going over what they were thinking etc.

In short there is an awful lot of imagination in your condemnation.

I may have handled things differently, but I wasn't there and I didn't get to see and hear everything they did, a rather one-sided story by video, have we not learned anything from this?

Old 06-30-2020, 09:45 AM

19,427 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well the true story is starting to come out and it’s not looking so good for that “brave” couple. Seems like they may be embellishing the danger after the fact as compared to the 911 calls and the physical evidence and are being “probed”
It’s trending towards the biggest mistake of their lives. Their personal injury business will be decimated.
IMO, the only way this is not going wreck them is if they get out ahead and apologize up and down and promise to “do better” before the full investigation report. Damage control 101.
They are lawyers, embellishing and twisting things is what they do. I would trust the worst BLM protester before trusting a PI lawyer, and here you have two making a case for themselves.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:48 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,216,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I heard they are BLM supporters. So, I have mixed feelings about this.
Yeah they are blm supporters now. Isn’t every Karen who is afraid their viral video’s fall out.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:51 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,589,248 times
From all accounts, the people walking by were peaceful. Not sure why these two felt the need to points weapons at them. Certainly no threatening behavior on the part of the those marching that would justify this.

As luck would have it, it is illegal in Missouri to threaten folks with guns.

Prison sentences and fines involved and a fair amount of legal precedence.

https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd...ers-with-guns/

Who knew, eh?

Old 06-30-2020, 09:52 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,669,978 times
At least the lady pointing a gun wore a shirt that said she was ready for prison.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:56 AM

19,427 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Hmm. Opinions are usually prefaced with “I think” or “I feel”. You came right out and created a narrative about these folks, however. So no, I’m not buying the “opinion” bit. But whatevs. Show your colors - it’s your right.
I do not know them and did not claim to know them, therefore it can only be an opinion. Even if I knew them well it would still be my own take on the situation. No I do not, nor do most other posters, always preface an opinion with "I think", when something is obviously presented as a thought, idea or opinion. Try again.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:56 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,669,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Is that how you prevent someone from throwing a molotov through your window? Stay inside?

Secondly, your other post about your behavior with people on your property did not involve a mob that had already gotten a reputation for violence and burning things. Equating them to a panhandler or someone out hiking on your land is unfair and you aren't even trying to put yourself in their shoes.

Now I agree with some of your points, but you keep ascribing completely different scenarios then saying their behavior in those scenarios is wrong and also going over what they were thinking etc.

In short there is an awful lot of imagination in your condemnation.

I may have handled things differently, but I wasn't there and I didn't get to see and hear everything they did, a rather one-sided story by video, have we not learned anything from this?
Were they throwing molotov cocktails? No, but Fox did lie and say they were burning things so it makes sense that you make this fake argument up. Your hate is very imaginative. These people were marching on a street to get to the mayors house to protest. These 2 people were not in danger but they came out and put themselves in danger.

This and Trump's White Power tweet are distractions to keep people from realizing that Trump is a traitor who let Putin pay to have American soldiers killed.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:02 AM

77,921 posts, read 60,076,765 times
Quote:
No one broke into their home or went in their yard. These two are not private owners of the road, it is a community road.
If you take a second to google you'll find out that all gated community roads are private and not public and your labeling the road something else does not change that.

They are indeed private co-owners of that road.

Hey, when something like this pops up unless you're an expert do what I do and google the topic THEN reach a conclusion.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:03 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,256,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Wrong pvt road closed off from the public by a locked gate which was distroyed by a mob bent on trespassing
Nope - Early video of the group entering shows someone holding the gate open as people enter. No damage.

Not at all clear it is trespassing. Simply the same as going up your walk to the front door of a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies