Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 06:29 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

They say a national mask law would obviate the need for shutdowns and help the economy to recover. This is a real no-brainer, but the problem is the no-brainer in the White House.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/gold...rcent-hit.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 06:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
And I trust bankers about as far as I trust "health experts" and "media" -- about as far as I could throw 'em.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Of course if I'm anti-mask, I now will dismiss the business communities view point if it doesn't support my own.

Folks fighting the mask now will fight harder the more the evidence suggests it might help to mitigate the virus.
This isn't a permanent uniform, it's a temporary fix.

First folks balked at not being able to buy paint, now they balk at buying paint with a mask on. It was never about buying the paint.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:48 AM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times
It is obvious that if everyone wore a mask outside of their home that we could open up more and quicker.

Look at it this way. If there was a pill that was cheap, no significant side effects, that would mean you could go out in public and have little chance of catching it...wouldn't everyone want that pill and clamor for it?

That pill is everyone wearing a fresh mask.

Biden seems to be on the right page with masks....have to wait half a year for him though.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
HEre's the thing. As much as getting the economy back, we also need to get schools back. Kids weren't meant to be isolated and need socialization as much as the academic learning.

If we all wear a mask for a week or two -- and we see a notieable decrease in positive cases, maybe then we can continue to reduce the virus in our communities.

I'm so ready to be done with this thing I will try anything.

I'm not being controlled by anybody but a desire to be able to move around the community without a concern for myself and others.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
HEre's the thing. As much as getting the economy back, we also need to get schools back. Kids weren't meant to be isolated and need socialization as much as the academic learning.

If we all wear a mask for a week or two -- and we see a notieable decrease in positive cases, maybe then we can continue to reduce the virus in our communities.

I'm so ready to be done with this thing I will try anything.

I'm not being controlled by anybody but a desire to be able to move around the community without a concern for myself and others.
Asia, Europe, and even New York (for now) are proving that we can control the virus without even a vaccine. The rules are stay home as much as possible, mask when outside, wash hands and keep social distance. We can effectively treat the cases that still arise with therapeutics. The masks are the key, though. Just bite the bullet and act like a grownup, America!

Old 06-30-2020, 07:23 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Excerpt: Don't believe the health experts? How about the bankers?
Response: How soon we forget who we bailed out a few years back.........................

Old 06-30-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Don't believe the health experts? How about the bankers?
Response: How soon we forget who we bailed out a few years back.........................
We are going to be bailing them out again if we don't get this virus back in the box. If masks can make a big difference there, it is a clearly better solution than more debt and handouts to billionaires.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:59 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They say a national mask law would obviate the need for shutdowns and help the economy to recover. This is a real no-brainer, but the problem is the no-brainer in the White House.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/gold...rcent-hit.html
It seem obvious to me that masks don't work.

Most people are wearing masks... still infections increase.

Also, several studies have come out indicating the way this gets spread is being under the same roof for extended time. Not 10 second at the drive thru window.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It seem obvious to me that masks don't work.

Most people are wearing masks... still infections increase.
That is simply not true.

Areas where masks are compulsory are seeing infection rates drop like a stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies