Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 02:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
While I don't know anybody who got the virus, some people in my town definitely have it. Positive tests over the last month have gone up from 22 to 328. It's why some of my favorite stores have closed.
The OP explains the skyrocket.
The CDC officially change the protocol for the counting..... again.
This number being reported, is no longer "confirmed cases"
Probable cases, are now the number counted. All speculative on top of actual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 02:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The OP explains the skyrocket.
The CDC officially change the protocol for the counting..... again.
This number being reported, is no longer "confirmed cases"
Probable cases, are now the number counted. All speculative on top of actual.

This is getting so infuriating. The powers that shouldn't be keep changing their story on literally every aspect of this crap show and the sheep keep bleating and yammering and taking every word of every lie as gospel!

I am ashamed of America.

Old 06-30-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
The left flailed and failed with STORMY!, RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA, and Shampeachment, so stirring up race hatred, trying to crash the economy, and forcing millions out of work was all they had left, predicated upon convincing us that COVID was the end of the world.

Once again proving - "bad for America, good for democrats".

Old 06-30-2020, 03:08 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Stop carrying a damn smart phone and refuse to communicate with "contact tracers".

Boom.
I hope you guys are seriously joking. Robust contact tracing is one of the two most effective tools, along with wearing masks, to slowing the spread and getting us out of this mess.

Don't believe me? Look how Michigan's contact tracing program was able to find people 100 miles away from the outbreak, limiting any further future spread.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...te/3268551001/

Last edited by GABESTA535; 06-30-2020 at 03:36 PM..

Old 06-30-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Every time a person claims that this global pandemic is some conspiracy to get at Trump a kitten dies somewhere.

Please.

Stop making idiot comments.

Think of the kittens.
Good. Glad to hear it. I hate cats. Especially the little cuddly ones.

See how ridiculousness works?

Old 06-30-2020, 04:43 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
I do believe the Covid Numbers have always been skewed...

Deaths being reported as Covid, even though - They're not A Covid Death..

Old 06-30-2020, 05:07 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Every time a person claims that this global pandemic is some conspiracy to get at Trump a kitten dies somewhere.

Please.

Stop making idiot comments.

Think of the kittens.
Then prove it. It is very easy to see how a Chinese Psyop operation could easily destabilize virtually the entire world. In places with universal healthcare, the doctors are required to stick to w.h.o. guidance which is no treatment. In the U.S. doctors in poorer and minority areas (of which there is a lot of overlap) are going to rigidly adhere to cdc guidance, which is beholden to w.h.o. guidance, to avoid being sued. There seems to be a strong trend in this country between African American areas and hospitalizations/deaths.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:17 PM

610 posts, read 264,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The choice isn't so simple. Remedies exist, but they're not foolproof and they're not effortless or free. There is a trade-off. If exactly one person died from the virus daily, would anyone still wear masks? If 10M people died daily, probably even the "rebels" would wear masks. The compromise is somewhere in between. Where is it?
Mandating mask wearing without shutting down your economy sounds like a good compromise to me.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:29 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Florida is the opposite. 3000 deaths from Pneumonia from January 2020 - April 2020 when the average over that time for the last 5 years was 900. Seems Florida is deflating numbers and those numbers are the official numbers reported to the CDC.

So Florida needs to add about 2100 deaths to their total of 3600 they are reporting now.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
I hope you guys are seriously joking. Robust contact tracing is one of the two most effective tools, along with wearing masks, to slowing the spread and getting us out of this mess.

Don't believe me? Look how Michigan's contact tracing program was able to find people 100 miles away from the outbreak, limiting any further future spread.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...te/3268551001/

Joking about not carrying a phone with me at all times? Nope. Not for a minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies