Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
That exact thought has been on my mind for weeks now. You can go back and see it in my posts. I've referenced past anti-communist legislation that has not been enforced since the end of the 2nd Red Scare in about 1954.

It is past time for a 3rd Red scare to root Communists out of ALL of our institutions, including higher education as is the topic here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

I'm feeling a new topic thread coming on inside of me...
Nah, see this is the problem. They can have their ideas. Liberals, meaning actual liberals and not post-modernists can disprove them, disagree, and force them back into their place. The universities became too one sided. That doesn't mean you now go the other direction. Every right wing nut ultra nationalist would say that Noam Chomsky should be thrown in jail. I believe his perspective if hyper critical of the US and never as such of other nations, but I don't think he thinks that's his job as a critic. His job is to point out our nations hypocrisy. That's fine. We are unique because someone like him doesn't face a firing squad. I can listen to what he says and simply reply "but who is better?".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 10:23 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Default Asian-American Professor Fired for using Statistics

An Asian-American Professor looked into the actual statistics if black Americans were more likely to be killed by police.

The statistics showed that because violent crime happens more often in black neighborhoods, black people have more interactions with police, and if you consider that black people have more interactions with police there is no disproportionate amount of blacks killed by police.

He used facts. Facts are a sin.

Don't vote Democrat and make Orwell Fiction again.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
An Asian-American Professor looked into the actual statistics if black Americans were more likely to be killed by police.

The statistics showed that because violent crime happens more often in black neighborhoods, black people have more interactions with police, and if you consider that black people have more interactions with police there is no disproportionate amount of blacks killed by police.

Let the Asians and whites have America. If only you would have done that in the first place.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:26 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
If I were him, I’d sue the school.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:46 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,638 times
A South Asian professor with skin darker than most American Blacks should do this rather than an East Asian. That would have a lot more clout with the “color hypothesisâ€

Old 07-09-2020, 10:48 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Let the Asians and whites have America. If only you would have done that in the first place.
Lincoln tried to fix it

Old 07-09-2020, 10:50 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Lincoln tried to fix it
But failed, as America has failed with its racial situation.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:51 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Yet another Trump commercial created by woke SJW idiots.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
End the drug war.

Try a more European style policing.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:53 AM

866 posts, read 319,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Facts, truth and reality are racist concepts. All that matters are the beliefs, perception and feelings of those with the highest victim status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies