Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 10:46 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

lol, from the article -

"The rise among Democrats and independents coincides with a period of time when Republican leadership has attempted to limit immigration via physical barriers"

We build physical barriers to reduce "legal" immigration? How do physical barriers prevent legal immigrants from coming here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times
I don't have a problem with legal immigration. If illegal immigration could be brought under control, I'd have no problem expanding legal immigration. Properly assimilating legal immigrants are a boon to the country.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:56 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I don't have a problem with legal immigration. If illegal immigration could be brought under control, I'd have no problem expanding legal immigration. Properly assimilating legal immigrants are a boon to the country.
Amen to that.
Illegal immigrants oftentimes have only a limited grasp of their own native Spanish. They use sort of an "ain't got none" form of border Spanish sometimes called Spanglish.

We need bright, ambitious people and we need to choose who we get.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:04 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I don't want the legal importation of any more economic competitors and democrat voters and social justice warriors. I don't want more population growth regardless.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:07 AM

4,898 posts, read 3,357,279 times
Too bad they didn't break it down by race/ethnicity/religion.

Then we would see who really supports increased immigration vs those who don't.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:11 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Too bad they didn't break it down by race/ethnicity/religion.

Then we would see who really supports increased immigration vs those who don't.
No doubt it is mostly minority groups wanting to dilute the majority group faster than on schedule lol.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:17 AM

4,898 posts, read 3,357,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No doubt it is mostly minority groups wanting to dilute the majority group faster than on schedule lol.
Exactly, not to mention some ethno-religious groups as well.

It most certainly isn't going to be White American Christians.

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Settle down. Immigration from northern and Eastern Europe. That’s what this means.
Very few Europeans want to leave Europe. That's why most immigration comes from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, and has for some time.

5,117 posts, read 2,159,496 times
I'm an old right winger who has historically been against immigration. However, of late, I'm starting to change my mind and here's why. We can all agree that it's time for America to start a movement to become more self reliant and this involves a big push to make items here in the US.

Part and parcel of this is building factories so we can make our own goods! Sounds good in theory until you realize all those $15 an hour factory jobs go unfilled as the younger generation feel to entitled to apply for the openings. This is already happening with high skilled blue collar jobs, great paying jobs that young kids have no interest in filling.

I'm now thinking that we can increase immigration if controlled correctly. I'm still not big on open borders for obvious reasons but having a systematic approach to bring foreigners in to fill these new jobs works for me.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
lol, from the article -

"The rise among Democrats and independents coincides with a period of time when Republican leadership has attempted to limit immigration via physical barriers"

We build physical barriers to reduce "legal" immigration? How do physical barriers prevent legal immigrants from coming here?
Good catch. Once again they try to conflate the two. Rather telling where they stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies