Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 09:18 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
If thug and victimhood culture, high homicide rates, broken families, and aggressiveness are "how you are", then what you are doing is making the case of segregation.

In light of that, what were the mistakes of the forefathers aside from thinking that we belonged in proximity to one another?
Voting rights today have little resemblance to the original thought.

We do belong in close proximity to one another. It makes for a more tolerant country. Besides, we have no choice. This is the world we live in and for the most part it works just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 09:24 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Voting rights today have little resemblance to the original thought.
In light of the prior quote that sought to generalize Black behavior, my question stands. At the least it would demand separation for workable democracy.

Quote:
We do belong in close proximity to one another.It makes for a more tolerant country.
The first sentence is a baseless assertion when take on its own. The second is demonstrably unture, least of all as evidenced by Black riots that assert the contrary. Besides, "tolerance" is not its own virtue. There is plenty of evil in the world that should not be tolerated.

Quote:
Besides, we have no choice. This is the world we live in and for the most part it works just fine.
The assessment of how it works seems highly dependent on who one is, exactly. More specifically, it seems dependent on how much one gains or loses as a result.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:28 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I think there will definitely now be an increase in stereotyping of black people where normal regular blacks aren’t separated from the racist blacks, the thug and gansta blacks, the raging anarchist rioting blacks.

I saw this exposed when my friend told me she took her young granddaughter shopping recently, and there was a group of blacks standing by the store. Her granddaughter didn’t want to get out of the car.
She cried, “They will hurt me!”

My friend and I had a long discussion about this. Both she and her daughter are democrats. Her young granddaughter has NEVER even noticed or commented on blacks before. Clearly she has seen images or videos on violent blacks lately. Later when asked by her mother, she said kids at school told her blacks hate and want to kill white people.

This is the same issue the Muslims are facing! Unless they stand-up and say so, those who do NOT fit or support the stereotype (repeatedly conveyed by 'the talking heads' on TV), get painted with the same brush!

When blacks do not stand-up and say, "We condemn the mindless looting, vandalism and arbitrary attacks on innocent people (of all colors) -- AND acknowledge that ALL lives matter and NOT all whites are a racist enemy," ... non-thinking people will believe what the media tells them to believe. (It works both ways!)

Old 07-03-2020, 09:28 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
If thug and victimhood culture, high homicide rates, broken families, and aggressiveness are "how you are", then what you are doing is making the case of segregation.

In light of that, what were the mistakes of the forefathers aside from thinking that we belonged in proximity to one another?
I have been making a case for segregation the whole time, have you not understood that much?

Old 07-03-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
This is the same issue the Muslims are facing! Unless they stand-up and say so, those who do NOT fit or support the stereotype (repeatedly conveyed by 'the talking heads' on TV), get painted with the same brush!

When blacks do not stand-up and say, "We condemn the mindless looting, vandalism and arbitrary attacks on innocent people (of all colors) -- AND acknowledge that ALL lives matter and NOT all whites are a racist enemy," ... non-thinking people will believe what the media tells them to believe. (It works both ways!)
So black people are not going to condemn and you will see what the media feeds you. It is settled then. No solution for the future unless whites face facts.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
In light of the prior quote that sought to generalize Black behavior, my question stands. At the least it would demand separation for workable democracy.

The first sentence is a baseless assertion when take on its own. The second is demonstrably unture, least of all as evidenced by Black riots that assert the contrary. Besides, "tolerance" is not its own virtue. There is plenty of evil in the world that should not be tolerated.

The assessment of how it works seems highly dependent on who one is, exactly. More specifically, it seems dependent on how much one gains or loses as a result.
Many don’t care what they lose when they aren’t capable of anything and know it. So they really don’t care about anything or anyone, not even how they live and die.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:34 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Because that’s how we are. So figure it out already that we are not like whites or anyone else and realize the mistakes of the forefathers.

So if "that's how you are", you cannot then live in a civilized society. I'm okay with you destroying all the liberal cities and your neighborhoods- libs can live their dystopian dream.

Of course, your claim of being a "created" violent individual who does not value education or two parent families is utter nonsense and suggests you are an animal, devoid of free will. It is a cop out and excuse for laziness and a terrible culture. The actions of the last six weeks have simply reinforced and proven all the negative stereotypes- good job.

There are MANY, MANY blacks with the same "heritage" as you who are very successful. The big difference is that they are motivated and have recognized what it takes to succeed in society.

As long you cling to the excuse of some of your ancestors being slaves as the cause of your failures, you are doomed. YOU are the cause of your failures- no one else.

Ever wonder why MLK was successful and other black leaders failed? He was NON VIOLENT and called for blacks to adopt western values and personal responsibility. Not a fan of MLK personally (he was a cheating Tom Cat) but liked his approach and message. Your beliefs are those of continued serfdom and victimhood, not personal freedom.

Wake up- nobody likes a whining cry baby.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No. The American economy will continue to build and more and more Black people will find meaningful jobs and careers.
They will lose interest in protesting. Protests will still go on, but the people who matter most - voters - will not be there. Miscreants and impoverished people rarely vote.
You're dreaming. Nobody alive today has ever seen it happen. And we're hearing little, if any, desire for protesting to ever end.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:54 AM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... Funny that you think open minded people, regardless of race, would side with you vs backing social progress. This isn't a White vs Black issue. This is a racist vs non-racist issue.
I don’t want to be pulled out of my car. I’d like to go to work. Does that make me racist?

Old 07-03-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So if "that's how you are", you cannot then live in a civilized society. I'm okay with you destroying all the liberal cities and your neighborhoods- libs can live their dystopian dream.

Of course, your claim of being a "created" violent individual who does not value education or two parent families is utter nonsense and suggests you are an animal, devoid of free will. It is a cop out and excuse for laziness and a terrible culture. The actions of the last six weeks have simply reinforced and proven all the negative stereotypes- good job.

There are MANY, MANY blacks with the same "heritage" as you who are very successful. The big difference is that they are motivated and have recognized what it takes to succeed in society.

As long you cling to the excuse of some of your ancestors being slaves as the cause of your failures, you are doomed. YOU are the cause of your failures- no one else.

Ever wonder why MLK was successful and other black leaders failed? He was NON VIOLENT and called for blacks to adopt western values and personal responsibility. Not a fan of MLK personally (he was a cheating Tom Cat) but liked his approach and message. Your beliefs are those of continued serfdom and victimhood, not personal freedom.

Wake up- nobody likes a whining cry baby.
And I have proposed separation for the lower class but you still come up with nothing but assimilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies