Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 10:34 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That is very interesting. Based on that, the south was more hospitable to Jews than the north was. And yet, the north was more hospitable to blacks than the south was.

I knew little of segregation growing up. We always had black kids in the class (this was early 60s through the late 70s), and never knew anything else, although I later learned how states just to the south of us fought hard against allowing black kids in.

We had to move to St Louis in the early 70s. The little town we lived in was definitely segregated dwelling wise, but they had only one high school where all kids attended.

But the place was more racist than anything I'd ever seen in anyplace in Texas besides Vidor.

My next door neighbor moved from Ferguson to Webster Groves. They were fine with our kids playing together until we got another foster baby who had a black dad and white mom. How can anybody have a problem with a 3 day old baby?

DH was in the bank doing something and they asked if he had found a house yet. He said yes and named the community. The response from the bank employee was oh, you don't want to live there it's predominately Jewish. A really pissed off DH just said so's my wife. He moved our account to another bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 10:47 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
More like 50 years if not more, to be honest. Way back in the 1920's white people were irrationally terrified of black people. Welcome back to 1920, but minus the possibility of Jim Crow laws.

The following is a Facebook post. It's real, but I can't link the post on Facebook. Friend of a friend of my wife's, which means I can't view or link the actual post. All I can do is copy/paste.
Okay I was able get to a point where I can link the black guy's post. Here it is, in case you thought I was making it up. No idea whether everyone will have access though ...

https://www.facebook.com/kjhamilton2...57300348757918

Old 07-03-2020, 11:00 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Too bad that a lot of voters will only see one side of the story, especially if they watch the lamestream media.

I suspect that a lot of corporations who gave donations to BLM got shaken down, (terrorized or warned) that if they didn't donate $$$ they would arson their place and/or riot at it i.e. destroy it.

too bad that young people who support this BLM do not know the full story, they haven't been taught civics nor history in school because the social justice education took precedence.

They don't know really unless they searched for the facts.. i bet many haven't even perused the BLM website to see what they are defending.. but would they care if they knew the truth?

One kid on tv was being interviewed and he was spouting off things that sounded like what others have told him to say .. i doubt if he really investigated it for himself.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:39 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... Funny that you think open minded people, regardless of race, would side with you vs backing social progress. This isn't a White vs Black issue. This is a racist vs non-racist issue.
And this is why I don't side with ailessic. I'm not on board with what said person is about.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
They certainly tolerate it, even glorify thug culture with their rap and hip hop —their systemic racism excuses and victim mentality on ubiquitous white supremacy.

Notice how easily and quickly many strong black leaders rise up to riot and march and aggressively
proclaim against Minor instances of police brutality, or white supremacy, but not a single strong black leader rising up on prevalent black thug culture, on massive black on black murder rates, or 75% single parent families,
1) If this was so, why do so many Blacks who get the chance flee the ghetto, for good? And why do a lot of middle class Blacks avoid living in the ghetto, since you think Blacks will tolerate crime?

2) How many Black people over all, actually listen to those leaders? I have to ask because alot of Black people don't listen to ANY leader. Maybe you need to stop watching the news. I don't watch the news for this reason.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I have been making a case for segregation the whole time, have you not understood that much?
Black people dealt with this chapter in U.S. History. It's called all the years from end of Reconstruction to the 1960s. Segregation did not work in the favor of Black people. Jim Crow was used as a way to keep Black people in positions of subservience. This is why Black people rose up and fought against it. Segregation didn't work very well for Black people. Black people were denied any say in the matter.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:51 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I don’t want to be pulled out of my car. I’d like to go to work. Does that make me racist?
Apparently.....

Old 07-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I don’t want to be pulled out of my car. I’d like to go to work. Does that make me racist?
In short, you think the majority of Black people are criminals?

Not wanting to be victimized by crime doesn't make you racist. Treating every Black person like a potential criminal, however, does.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:55 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We had to move to St Louis in the early 70s. The little town we lived in was definitely segregated dwelling wise, but they had only one high school where all kids attended.

But the place was more racist than anything I'd ever seen in anyplace in Texas besides Vidor.

My next door neighbor moved from Ferguson to Webster Groves. They were fine with our kids playing together until we got another foster baby who had a black dad and white mom. How can anybody have a problem with a 3 day old baby?

DH was in the bank doing something and they asked if he had found a house yet. He said yes and named the community. The response from the bank employee was oh, you don't want to live there it's predominately Jewish. A really pissed off DH just said so's my wife. He moved our account to another bank.
You’re Jewish?! You don’t look Jewish!

I remember going with my parents when they were looking for a new house in the late 60s, so I was around 12ish. Since one of the reasons for the move was that our original neighborhood was not hospitable to Jews (vandalism to our property and some really horrible stuff spewed at me), he wanted to make sure it wouldn’t happen again in the new neighborhood. So he asked the sales guy at the new development that they were considering buying into if there were any Jewish families. The sales guy said, so far only two, and hopefully we’ll be able to keep any more of them from buying. My dad glared at him, said, well you kept us out (or something like that) and we left.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:00 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
1) If this was so, why do so many Blacks who get the chance flee the ghetto, for good? And why do a lot of middle class Blacks avoid living in the ghetto, since you think Blacks will tolerate crime?

2) How many Black people over all, actually listen to those leaders? I have to ask because alot of Black people don't listen to ANY leader. Maybe you need to stop watching the news. I don't watch the news for this reason.
#1. You missed my point, probably because I wasn’t clear enough.
Yes, they flee the ghetto and TOLERATE it in the sense that there is no push back, no protesting outrage, no marches, no burning down businesses , no rioting over glorified thug culture killing and destroying thousands of lives in black communities. And the point I was trying to make is when a bad thug gets killed by a really bad cop, iTHAT is not tolerated .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies