Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 05:32 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
It was much worse in past generations, and it's much better now despite all the complaints.

The situation over last month or so is largely media driven politics.

To pretend what happened to George Floyd had anything to do with "race" is simply false.

To pretend racism isn't practiced by all races is naive.

It's all about power and control, and people are being manipulated.
Nice post ^^^

Even now after the BLM riots, blacks have more freedoms in the USA than in any other country on Earth.

BLM is blacks way of demonstrating dissatisfaction for the way Democrats are running their cities.

Yes, once the dust settles, it will set them back, and make them even more beholden to Democrats....which was the whole idea of this uprising in the first place.

There will be less businesses in their areas than ever before, fewer new ones will venture into these areas, and job outlooks will crumble to new level lows.

Its all about Democrat control of urban blacks, and using them for their votes. Invisible shackles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 05:39 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I think there will definitely now be an increase in stereotyping of black people where normal regular blacks aren’t separated from the racist blacks, the thug and gansta blacks, the raging anarchist rioting blacks.

I saw this exposed when my friend told me she took her young granddaughter shopping recently, and there was a group of blacks standing by the store. Her granddaughter didn’t want to get out of the car.
She cried, “They will hurt me!”

My friend and I had a long discussion about this. Both she and her daughter are democrats. Her young granddaughter has NEVER even noticed or commented on blacks before. Clearly she has seen images or videos on violent blacks lately. Later when asked by her mother, she said kids at school told her blacks hate and want to kill white people.
It's really sad that your granddaughter has been exposed to this. The biggest thing I've seen (granted based on news reports and videos) is that the violence and racism that exists so strongly among some in the black community has now boiled over. They aren't even trying to hide it any longer or put on a facade of civility. We have seen video after video of whites being attacked, simply for being white. One video where an elderly white man is walking down the aisle in grocery store, when a black man sucker punches him, puts him on the ground and continues the assault. Dozens where people have been attacked in their cars. Others where a racist mob attack a solo white young man that was just sitting and using his phone. Young girls attacked by a mobs of thugs.

In spite of this-try to teach your granddaughter that these racist, violent fools don't represent all, or even most, black people. Teach her about history, about how whites can be as bad, that we actually had the KKK decades ago. Teach her the similarity to those in the KKK and BLM, and how those are not normal, decent people, nor representative of an entire race. Teach her that racism and random violence are not acceptable-no matter what race you are. In short, teach her to be a decent human being. Teach her that most law enforcement are good people trying their best to do a hard job. Most people are-in spite of what we've seen over the last month or so.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:49 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
All the people cheering on this movement, have you taken a ride over to an area affected by the riots, or talked to people in or near affected areas? Like me?

Have you actually lost your neighborhood or livelihood to arson and looting? Have you lost nights of sleep over this?

In some of these neighborhoods where the stores were burned down and looted--even bus shelters were smashed--people are living in an empty shell that will take years to rebuild. Maybe never. And now those same neighborhoods are losing police protection. For whatever faults the police have, when they withdraw from an area more people die. And then nobody wants to go there--people don't move in and businesses avoid it---a death spiral for these places. BLM will not come to save them, in spite of all the millions they are raking in. BLM doesn't care about them. These people didn't ask to be sacrificed.

If people haven't figured out that we have a "civil rights industrial complex" and a political machine, not anything that helps real people, I don't know what it will take. If you need a clue as to when a sincere movement becomes a cynical sham, it is usually about the time that Al Sharpton arrives and Nancy Pelosi dons kente cloth.

And there are people who have died in the riots. But yeah, it was all worth it. Says the people who watch from afar. Typical intellectualizing and rationalizing nonsense--you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Not your eggs, though.

So far, BLM is doing the easy stuff. Tearing things down. Removing police, burning buildings, toppling statues, erasing history, getting people fired. It's like the demo phase of home renovation can be done by anyone with a blunt tool. Building something is a lot harder. They have yet to build a single thing.

Last edited by kmom2; 07-02-2020 at 05:59 AM..

Old 07-02-2020, 06:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingm View Post
THIS THIS THIS. Thank you for this post!

This board is FULL of closed-minded, Fox New groupies that are retired, angry, bitter and wear the Red Hat. This board continues to disappoint. This has existed for years. And, we are not silent. We will bend and wish you the best, America the best. We will not hate. And we will continue to make the 'establishment' feel uncomfortable.

I was raised to consider fragile, white feelings my whole life. My hair, will it offend? My must volume, turn it down? My clothes, will they see me as a human in this? From sun up to sun down.

Where can I live to give my children a safe neighborhood and schools? Where can I work? W?hat can I say at the table? All day long 365 - white concerns.

What do we get from you? No consideration. You wake up and sleep and are tired of feeling uncomfortable after 1 month, vs my 52 years of life of worrying about you.
I'm hear for all of this and love seeing you all self righteously speak in your echo chambers out of frustration.

If my life, business, children does not matter. Neither does yours.
My voice matters. My voice will be heard. And, you will be called out.

#WeTired
I suspect no matter what happens from here, you will continue to wallow in your seething hatred of white people. Your voice is heard, and clearly understood

Old 07-02-2020, 06:20 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I suspect no matter what happens from here, you will continue to wallow in your seething hatred of white people. Your voice is heard, and clearly understood
Agreed - looking at this poster's prior posts - they acted racist from the first few posts talking about Nazi's in their old neighborhood. They are hardly a conservative Democrat but they kid themselves into thinking so.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:22 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Agree, and this forum is demonstrating it in spades. (BTW, someone told me that saying “in spades” is racist, and I can’t figure out why. Spades are silver.) Many blacks here have gone on and on over how bad racists are, and yet, on the very threads they are decrying bigotry, they demonstrate utter disdain for whiteys, and less frequently, Jews.

The irony.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
The last thing we expected to see happen during the Trump administration is the remnants of the confederacy being shredded to death. Our silver lining.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:29 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Nope
The cause is advanced. Your statues are coming down, work policies are changing, seats are opening up at the table. Business are closing and changing their names and we have demanded and are seeing diversity transform into inclusion. And, you all see your filthiness .

Oh and BLM written all over the streets of 'MeriKKa including 5th Ave soon.

Tantrum? For standing up for our rights as Americans, to live, pursue happiness?

You have GOT to be kidding. All we have to do is make you uncomfortable now with your fragile selves. And we will carryon.....

How exactly is rioting, destroying people's property and businesses that had NOTHING to do with George Floyd's death, killing innocent people and tearing down statues "standing up for your rights as Americans"??

Old 07-02-2020, 06:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Nope
The cause is advanced. Your statues are coming down, work policies are changing, seats are opening up at the table. Business are closing and changing their names and we have demanded and are seeing diversity transform into inclusion. And, you all see your filthiness .

Oh and BLM written all over the streets of 'MeriKKa including 5th Ave soon.

Tantrum? For standing up for our rights as Americans, to live, pursue happiness?

You have GOT to be kidding. All we have to do is make you uncomfortable now with your fragile selves. And we will carryon.....
Is that what you consider “standing up for your rights”? Looting, burning, destroying property, throwing bricks, and yes, even KILLING people? That’s MASSIVE felony behavior.

And yes, fragile whitey feels uncomfortable when his store is broken into and property stolen.

And p.s.: your attitude is being displayed on national TV every night, and to answer the question asked of the OP: it doesn’t set blacks back by a decade. It sets them back 50 years.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:47 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Is that what you consider “standing up for your rights”? Looting, burning, destroying property, throwing bricks, and yes, even KILLING people? That’s MASSIVE felony behavior.

And yes, fragile whitey feels uncomfortable when his store is broken into and property stolen.

And p.s.: your attitude is being displayed on national TV every night, and to answer the question asked of the OP: it doesn’t set blacks back by a decade. It sets them back 50 years.

To be fair, a lot of this isn't even coming from black people.

It's a lot spoiled brat white kids who needed to be put over a knee when they were toddlers but were instead given a cell phone and a participation trophy.
Attached Thumbnails
Has the latest BLM Tantrum set black people back a decade?-104940146_3252527451444304_3358088579004834774_n.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies