Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 08:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times

Advertisements

I swear to God, y'all, Spokane people are like this! I used to have a friend in Spokane who owns a 9mm and talks to aliens from the Pleiades, and has black helicopters buzzing her house all the time, and demands that prospective gun owners must pass mental health background checks! That's Spoke-A-Loosie for ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeHippocrates View Post
Much, precisely.

Whoosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:14 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So the "My-Not-So-Little-Pony" who can't keep her own mask on needs to exit the store as well. Or risk being called a hypocrite.
It's private Property called trespassing she can ask customer to leave for any reason.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:16 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Just more Progressive (Totalitarian Oppressive, control freaks) ways to try to rule your life.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Just more Progressive (Totalitarian Oppressive, control freaks) ways to try to rule your life.

As are many posters here, IMO.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:22 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
If a person has a disability so bad he or she cannot wear a mask, then that person should not be tooling around a Walmart. That person should be at home, getting convalescent care.

Also, if someone has a disability so bad he or she cannot wear a mask for a few minutes, why would that person want to be out in public in the middle of a national disease epidemic?

And I don't think you guys know what Nazi means.

Be convalescing at home, naw, not necessarily.

And who are you to tell someone else they shouldn't do their shopping at a time and place convenient to them?

Such an attitude tells me you only need to look as far as the nearest mirror to see what a nazi might look like.

CN

Old 07-01-2020, 08:23 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So what. Did you not hear the woman say she has a medical condition that exempts her from masking?

We'll see.

My-Not-So-Little-Pony is a very typical Spokane nutjob, who is almost wearing her own mask!

Oh yes, the old medical condition excuse, ooh and you can't ask me about it. ADA. ADA. ADA. It's just an excuse 99% of the time and we all know it. Just another Karen on an anti-mask crusade.... If they really have a medical condition, they should be at home letting someone else do their shopping.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:25 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Also look at Taiwan. Same number of fatalities

My friend was visiting family back in Taiwan when the COVID-19 epidemic exploded. I emailed him in April, to see if he got back tp the U.S. ok. He said he actually would have rather stayed in Taiwan, since they were much better at containing the spread. He listed many measures they employed at a national level, and not one of them included closing businesses (i.e. lockdown).

If interested, you can look up what they did. But along with that, people in Taiwan didn't see wearing a mask in public as an assault on their personal freedoms. They just did it.
I may look that up and weep. As you know, we do not have any leadership at the national level that could of contained this virus so the economic effect wouldn't be so harsh. Also, the cultures in these regions care more about their societies as a whole than then "individualistic" American. This may end up being our downfall...

Old 07-01-2020, 08:27 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I may look that up and weep. As you know, we do not have any leadership at the national level that could of contained this virus so the economic effect wouldn't be so harsh. Also, the cultures in these regions care more about their societies as a whole than then "individualistic" American. This may end up being our downfall...
It's not leadership at a national level that's the problems, it's pretty much the Constitution that won't let our leadership become dictatorial. Every one of us has the ability to do the right thing, and no amount of "what leadership says" will effect those who don't want to go along.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:28 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Oh yes, the old medical condition excuse, ooh and you can't ask me about it. ADA. ADA. ADA. It's just an excuse 99% of the time and we all know it. Just another Karen on an anti-mask crusade.... If they really have a medical condition, they should be at home letting someone else do their shopping.
Why?

Because you say so?

The law says otherwise, like it or not.

Or are you "racist" against people with disabilities? Your post kinda comes off that way.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies