Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 09:24 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
All the news clips from years past, the many many photos of Dems, the lists, the interviews,
The only republican so far that I’ve seen is Trump who was still a democrat when those photos were taken..
I’m not saying there werent some republicans, but the vast majority of who Epstein hung out with were democrats, especially hollywood stars and moguls.
Plenty of heavy duty republicans with ties - les wexner, alan dershowitz, donald trump, ken starr, wilbur ross even AG Barr said he'd have to recuse himself because of ties.
I'm sure I can find more if you want to complete the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 09:37 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump BANNED Epstein from Maralago 25 years ago and distanced himself from him. There was no evidence of any wrongdoing on Trump's part. Did Bill Clinton ever do that? No. He was on Epstein's jet with Maxwell more than once. So stop equating the two. There is no comparison.
I don't care. Trump and Clinton both are slimy creeps. But you believe that Trump was sent by God Almighty and is perfect and can do no wrong.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Go look at the sequence of events again.

Barr tweeted that Berman was resigning, with the idea of replacing him with someone more malleable. In all likelihood, Berman was preparing to arrest Maxwell. Berman said "That's news to me. I'm not going anywhere." Trump is the only one who could fire Berman, not Barr. Firing Berman would have been a large red flag that Trump wanted to avoid.

Berman agreed to step down, but only if his second-in-command, Audrey Strauss, took his position. Agreeing to this is the only way Trump and Barr could get him out of the way. Strauss, true to her duty, arrested Maxwell as soon as she took over.

Now Trump and Barr have a Maxwell problem. It remains to see what they will do about it, after the botched hit job on Epstein. If Maxwell dies in custody, it is going to really stink up D.C. for a long while.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:42 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Federal Officials at the Brooklyn MDC have apparently taken Maxwell's cloths and bedsheets and replaced them with paper attire. Such a wardrobe ensemble would presumably not receive high marks from the high fashion crowd that she has been accustomed to running with for basically her entire life until now.

Quote:
Ghislaine Maxwell forced to don paper attire at NY prison amid suicide concerns

Federal officials took Maxwell's clothes and bedsheets and replaced them with paper attire as a precautionary measure, in hopes of avoiding a repeat bungle by Manhattan jail authorities that culminated in Epstein's suicide in August.

Outside officials separate from the Bureau of Prisons have been specifically tasked with ensuring there’s adequate protection and the prison's protocols are being followed, an official told The Associated Press. The protections are to prevent her from harming herself, and also in case other inmates wish to harm her.

Maxwell also has a roommate in her cell and is being closely monitored, ensuring that someone is with her at all times while she is behind bars, the official added.
She also is said to have a roommate in her cell, and outside officials have been brought in as a precautionary measure to ensure that all of the protocols are being properly adhered to.

We will see. My gut is telling me that the odds are still against here ever living to testify in an open trial.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:05 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I was searching for something else and stumbled upon this tidbit. This was years before Epstein met Ghislaine.

May, 1989: Robert Maxwell hosted a party on his yacht named after his youngest daughter, the Lady Ghislaine. Among the guests were Donald Trump; Mike Wallace; William Safire; Barbara Walters; Steve Ross, the CEO of soon to be Time Warner; former Secretary of the Navy and one time Henry Kissinger staffer, Jon Lehman; Thomas Pickering, another former Kissinger staffer who at the time was U.S. ambassador to Israel; his co-conspirator Senator John Tower (R-TX) (who died in a suspicious plane crash months before Maxwell's own "suicide" off this very yacht); and last, but not least, his daughter Ghislaine. We should keep in mind, Trump was an FBI informant.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/9383...ne-maxwell-on/

Old 07-10-2020, 01:23 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was searching for something else and stumbled upon this tidbit. This was years before Epstein met Ghislaine.

May, 1989: Robert Maxwell hosted a party on his yacht named after his youngest daughter, the Lady Ghislaine. Among the guests were Donald Trump; Mike Wallace; William Safire; Barbara Walters; Steve Ross, the CEO of soon to be Time Warner; former Secretary of the Navy and one time Henry Kissinger staffer, Jon Lehman; Thomas Pickering, another former Kissinger staffer who at the time was U.S. ambassador to Israel; his co-conspirator Senator John Tower (R-TX) (who died in a suspicious plane crash months before Maxwell's own "suicide" off this very yacht); and last, but not least, his daughter Ghislaine. We should keep in mind, Trump was an FBI informant.

Robert Maxwell was a fat crook, who used the company pension finds to prop up his ailing companies and when he finally died a lot of his workers lost a lot of their pensions in what was the biggest fraud in UK history.

Nobody liked working for him, and he would urinate off the roof of his London office at Holborn Circus on to poor pedestrians below. Thankfully the ugly Mirror Group building had now been demolished and is now the HQ of supermarket chain Sainbury's.

Every one in the UK hated Robert Maxwell and every time he appeared advertising his products sales would fall, in what became known as the Maxwell effect

In the fraud case after his death, his sons described how he would beat them with his belt buckle if they brought home a bad school report, and I should imagine Ghislaine also suffered, although she was his favourite so probably less so than the others.

Ghislaine was brought up at Headington Hill Hall in Oxford, which isn't that far from Croughton in Southern Northamptonshire where poor Harry Dunn was killed, and which extradition had been denied by the US in relation to Anne Sacoolas. The Old Headington Hill Hall is now owned by Oxford Brookes University and is rather ironical used by the School of Law.

Prince Andrew was an idiot to became involved with Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rk34WotUlg

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-10-2020 at 02:00 AM..

Old 07-10-2020, 01:45 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Favourite Robert Maxwell Story was during the 80's, when he caught a man smoking in the lift.

Maxwell started shouting at the man, who turned around and said he wouldn't out the cigarette out.

Maxwell then marched him to his office and asked how much he earned a week, to which the man replied one hundred pounds.

So Maxwell gave him three weeks wages and told him to get out.

Outside a smiling man couldn't believe his luck as he counted his money, I work for British Telecom he said, and I only came to fix the phone.

The story is retold more fully in the link below.

Somebody Had to Do It': The Story of Notorious 'Union Buster' Christopher Pole-Carew - Barrie Williams

Old 07-10-2020, 04:56 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

What is your source for this?

Never mind. Found it. Also carried on 8kun, which tells me everything I ever needed to know about it. I'll bet my roses would love to have it spread around them.

https://wearethene.ws/notable/119539

Last edited by cuebald; 07-10-2020 at 05:06 AM..

Old 07-10-2020, 06:07 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Then so does this.

I would guess that Trump has had photo-ops of every very wealthy and powerful New York City boy or girl in his professional life. That is what wealthy real estate salesmen do.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:27 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Robert Maxwell was a fat crook, who used the company pension finds to prop up his ailing companies and when he finally died a lot of his workers lost a lot of their pensions in what was the biggest fraud in UK history.

Nobody liked working for him, and he would urinate off the roof of his London office at Holborn Circus on to poor pedestrians below. Thankfully the ugly Mirror Group building had now been demolished and is now the HQ of supermarket chain Sainbury's.

Every one in the UK hated Robert Maxwell and every time he appeared advertising his products sales would fall, in what became known as the Maxwell effect

In the fraud case after his death, his sons described how he would beat them with his belt buckle if they brought home a bad school report, and I should imagine Ghislaine also suffered, although she was his favourite so probably less so than the others.

Ghislaine was brought up at Headington Hill Hall in Oxford, which isn't that far from Croughton in Southern Northamptonshire where poor Harry Dunn was killed, and which extradition had been denied by the US in relation to Anne Sacoolas. The Old Headington Hill Hall is now owned by Oxford Brookes University and is rather ironical used by the School of Law.

Prince Andrew was an idiot to became involved with Ghislaine Maxwell and Epstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rk34WotUlg
It seems he was possibly an agent for Mossad, and was murdered. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-1d3254cc0baa/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies