Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 09:33 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
We are clearly not consistent on that view. How is it that such "children" can marry?
They require the guardians of the child to file paperwork and a judge must approve. In other words, the law doesn't allow the child to consent to marriage but that legal consent can be granted via a process which involves lawyers, judge, and legal guardians. As far as I know, the child's partner in marriage becomes the de-facto guardian at that point.

It is different state to state.

Also forgot to mention that another path to a minor being married is if they were granted legal emancipation prior. Meaning the minor was granted adult status with all the rights thereof... However, my understanding is that most states only allow emancipation of a minimum 16 year old... the process and burden of proof of adulthood is on the minor. Meaning they have to demonstrate that they have their own living arrangements and ability to support themselves through employment among many things... Its not common as it is very difficult for a minor to achieve and convince a judge. It is a long process and usually driven by extenuating circumstances in the family home... most end up under foster case instead.

Last edited by usayit; 07-15-2020 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 09:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There are two instances when someone thought they saw Clinton on the Island. None involved a young female. And there do not appear to be any records showing he was there.
I hope you are intelligent enough to know that when powerful well known people engage in behavior like this...they tend to go to great lengths to keep it SECRET!

Old 07-15-2020, 09:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Can anyone provide any documented proof this court hearing yesterday took place and G. Maxwell was present in the courtroom?

A docket with her name on it, the judges order, etc...anything would be enough.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't like the quasi-religious approach to anything. We have to be able to think about things rationally.

From my perspective can a 14 year old make a decision like this? Absolutely not. That's my personal anecdotal experience, 14 year olds are children in almost every instance I've encountered.

17 year olds children? in most cases no. They can still be stupid, but the tend to know why they do things and understand consequences to some extent.

So, the fact that Epstein went after 14 year olds makes him a Pedo, no question. If someone disagrees with that, I can strongly disagree them, and legally they have no grounds, but to call someone voicing that opinion a pedophile..it's kinda like the whole white fragility thing. Holier than thou.
I'm confused. Where did I refer to someone with a differing view as a pedophile?

I know I said perverts would disagree, but pervert is a different word than pedophile.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Can anyone provide any documented proof this court hearing yesterday took place and G. Maxwell was present in the courtroom?

A docket with her name on it, the judges order, etc...anything would be enough.
Did you listen to the audio yesterday?

Did you search the NY database?

Anything would be enough.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:24 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
of course not.

but, these girls should have also known that something wasn't right, come on, girls mature faster than boys, and any girl that is asked to go to a strange mans house after school to give him a massage has got to have a few screws loose, please, surely they cant be that stupid...and where were any of their parents?????

im not buying the innocence thing.

the girls should have said, take a hike to the original person asking them if they wanna make some one and go to a strange rich mans house to give him a massage....then to remover their blouse, and then to see him naked in an aroused state.

please, all of this could have never of happened if these girls weren't so stupid (or were they), there were plenty of clues and red flags here that would tell someone that something is wrong here
Let's blame the under aged victim? Disgusting.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:42 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Let's blame the under aged victim? Disgusting.

I do blame them, they were stupid.

go home and do your homework.

DON'T go to a strange mans house that you do not know, and give him a massage

if they didnt go to his house, they would not be in the mess they are in now, now would they?

Old 07-15-2020, 12:57 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Id like to know where were the parents of these girls while all this was taking place?
I also am not to sympathetic to the girls either, they would have tobe pretty stupid to go to a strange mans house to give him a massage>

Id think a few red flags with blinking lights would be going off right about now.

I have never given a man a massage in my life, buit i think i will go to a strange mans house that i have never met in my life and get paid foir it, even though I have no idea on how to give a massage.

also, gee, I wonder why this man didnt go to a professional massage parlor if he wanted a massage that badly.

again, more red flags would be going off, maybe a few cherry boms as well.

oh well, oh, he wants me to take off my blouse/ while i give him a massage/ I was cared, and didnt know what to do, so i took my blouse off.

Oh, oh no, he just rolled over and has an erection, what do I do now, Im scared....etc...........
well, if the dummie didnt go to a strange mans house in the first plce.

im sorry, im not buying this for the girls at all.
every single on of them, were cmplete idiots, complete idiots.
They are not idiots they are just little girls

The United States has the worst record of industrialized nations when it comes to child abuse. Every nine minutes a child is abused. Over 3 million per year 80% are girls. So it’s basically pretty easy to be a pedophile. One out of every nine little girls you see are for the picking.

https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse-statistics/

Old 07-15-2020, 08:16 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
^
14, 15, 16, year olds are not "little", and should have the common sense NOT to go to a strange mans house.

It isn't rocket science.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
^
14, 15, 16, year olds are not "little", and should have the common sense NOT to go to a strange mans house.

It isn't rocket science.
They should but when you have no family, are homeless, don't understand the language or are naive, things like this happen.

Predators prey on this kind of person - not someone from a loving family who has a strong sense of self, so give it a rest already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies