Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: if black americans were "model minorities", would we still have racial tension?
Yes, racism and hate would still exist as it does today 33 17.37%
Some, but a lot less 92 48.42%
No, racism as it currently exists in the US would cease to exist 55 28.95%
Don't know 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:04 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,826,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
A lesson successful people learn in life is you get nowhere by blaming others for your failures.

Instead of rioting, looting, selling drugs, gang banging, promoting gansta lifestyles, they could be using their time to be a success in life. Every successful black person I know did it the same way every successful white person, asian person, latino person, etc, did it. Hard work, accountability, being a professional.

I often ask, why don't more black people learn a trade and start their own business. In my industry I rub shoulders with many people who couldn't afford college so they learned a trade, started their own business and now make well into the 6 figures. There is not a single thing stopping black people from doing he same.

Or drop out of school, slang crack, have a bunch of kids with different women, get locked up and turn around and blame whitey for it.
I used to try to sell this life to students from the ghetto.

The thing is, they don't want a life that includes 30 years in an office or trade with one partner and kids to raise. To them it's BORING! Even if you take "hard work" out of the equation, they simply don't want it.

They admire and hope to emulate rappers, sports stars, singers, drug dealers, etc.. People who made it big without years of college or other "drudgery".

Essentially, they want the life they currently lead but with more "bling".

Old 07-03-2020, 10:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
We're splitting hairs because it's poor people in general doing it, regardless of race, but this shows that when the victim is white, less than half of the time the offender is black, and when a black is the victim, more than half of the time the offender is white.
No it show that when there is a black victim 1 out of 7 times the offender is white.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-03-2020 at 10:45 PM..

Old 07-03-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You still did not state a crime that he committed. All I got from you is that you couldn't see his face, which would have made you uncomfortable. It does not justify being murdered by a "Peace Office."

Does being uncooperative justify being murdered?
No it doesn't. Nor does resisting arrest, but clearly they can lead to death, so why do these things?

Usually there is a backstory including warrants or crime that make arrestees desperate to avoid custody.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:13 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
While I agree with you, it would be worth having a good-faith discussion on the strategies (or lack thereof) being employed to curb crime within black communities. Unfortunately this has proven virtually impossible on the broader scale.
Well, this is the best I can give you. I grew up in the suburbs/rural areas. I wasn't raised in the inner city. Everything I know comes from what I've been told or what I've looked up. This is the best I can do personally: Call the police on people who commit crimes. I have a 9 mm so I can defend myself.

I never really thought about Black on Black violence until I became a victim, in the suburbs strangely. I wasn't in a ghetto at all. I remember someone telling me that if I lived in a ghetto and someone called me a snitch, I would get killed. It was when I started perusing Yahoo! Questions and city-data that I really saw how much people talk about Blacks. This was about in 2006/2007.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:22 PM

32,057 posts, read 15,052,579 times
You aren't born a racist. You are taught to be a racist. Why in 2020 are we still dealing with this issue. Why does skin color matter? It's just insane to me.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Look up FBI stats instead of videos complicated by people pushing an agenda. Almost exclusively, the victim and perp are the same race no matter the crime.

Except mass shooters/serial killers who tend to be white.
You better look up FBI stats yourself. Serial killers (three or more victims) are overwhelmingly black.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:27 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that's because the majority of white people are successful and productive members of society, and don't have a victim mindset. White people know that to live a loser trailer trash way of life translates to being a failure of person.
So how would you characterize the majority of Black people?

Quote:
Otherwise. it's amazing to me, the huge difference between blacks of slave descent and the Jewish people. Both have been mistreated by other races and cultures, however the Jewish people have moved forward and are a high performing group. They dodn't let their past horrors cripple them as a people.
Anti-Semitism has a long, ugly history in the U.S. but Jews don't have a history in this country like Black folks do; simply saying "both groups have been mistreated bu others" says nothing since this is true of all groups to some extent. The similarity of the circumstances and exact nature of the mistreatment are critically important for the sake of an making comparison. The only group that comes close to Black Americans in this regard are Native peoples and they don't receive nearly as much vitriol from Whites as Blacks do because they are largely out of sight, out of mind and intentionally so.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You aren't born a racist. You are taught to be a racist. Why in 2020 are we still dealing with this issue. Why does skin color matter? It's just insane to me.
Schools and colleges should stop teaching anti-white racism.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:31 PM

32,057 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Schools and colleges should stop teaching anti-white racism.
It's parents or other family members who teach racism. It's your upbringing. You don't suddenly become racist when you are in school.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's parents or other family members who teach racism. It's your upbringing. You don't suddenly become racist when you are in school.
My family and no family I know taught racism. It in the case of anti-white was taught at school or in other forms by observation and experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies