Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: if black americans were "model minorities", would we still have racial tension?
Yes, racism and hate would still exist as it does today 33 17.37%
Some, but a lot less 92 48.42%
No, racism as it currently exists in the US would cease to exist 55 28.95%
Don't know 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 01:28 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Native-Americans are the most likely to be the victim of a violent crime. Rape is especially high among Native-American women. And unlike other racial groups, crimes against natives are overwhelmingly committed by non-natives.

https://publicintegrity.org/politics...ce-and-courts/

https://blog.nativehope.org/sexual-a...american-girls

https://www.hcn.org/articles/tribal-...pe-and-assault

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/u...-violence.html
Native Americans are not in white society, not affecting whites, not causing whites to blame them for everything that happens in white society.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
I haven't read through this thread. I don't need to. I know what the other post consist of. Same tired and derivative drivel. And about 10 pages of circle jerk with little to no original thoughts on the matter. I decided to spare myself and just give my point of view on the actual topic.

Blacks being the "model minority" would change absolutely nothing. If blacks were out competing whites, there would be even more backlash. There are plenty minority communities in the history of the world that has "outdone" the majority. Look at the Jews in Europe as a good example. Hell, even Nigerian immigrants in the UK are known to greatly outperform the white native born population. I doubt any of this changes perception.

For it to change perception, blacks under performing has to be the only issue whites have with them. And as much as many white nationalist love to go on about genetics, or bad culture. The reality is none of it matters, because it's just an excuse. There was a time when most whites used religion as an excuse to hate blacks. That was a socially acceptable reason to be anti-black. Today the new social excuse is science. The reality is that people who don't like blacks don't like them no matter how well or bad they do. That would assume there was ever a logical reason to hate black people to begin with. And there isn't one.

I think the reality is, white people have issues with black people, because black people are the only racial group that white people really have to compete with. Native Americans would be that other group, but there just aren't enough of them today. The reality is most blacks lineage goes back in this country much further than the average white person. Many whites being only 3rd or 4th generation Americans. While blacks can trace their American bloodline back to the 1700s and 1600s. The reality is, there is no America without black people. And as much as people love to talk about going back to Africa. The reality is black people don't want to leave. And white people don't have any ethical grounds for sending them anywhere.

Sure there are many other ethnic groups in America. But those are immigrants. And immigrants to some degree are susceptible to things like immigration policies and crackdowns. That is how many are dealing with illegal immigration out of Mexico. They're just trying to use the power of government to take care of the issue. And let's say Asians got out of line. Well it takes nothing more than getting the right senate and congress in office, and getting them out of here. There is no need to compete with immigrants, because white people are the majority. And they have the power of policy to save them from any would be competition.

But with black people, this isn't a matter of immigration. It's just as much black people's country as it is white people's country. Blacks have been here through all eras of the USA. From colonial times, to the industrial revolution, through depressions, the nuclear family, etc. Through every era. Black people are literally etched into the identity of America. There is no America without black people. And that is why whites know that they have to compete with blacks. They're stuck with them. And the only advantage whites really have is that they are the majority. Whites don't care about the survival of the white race. They care about losing the majority, because then they can't handidly control voting blocks and policy.

The reality is this. America won't be right until both groups get together and unify. And there is a lot of resentment on both sides. While there are many blacks who don't like whites, and are very resistant to any ideas of unifying. There are many whites who are also in the same boat. Many post on the internet reveals a lot of hidden anger towards blacks. But America will only survive when we realize that blacks and whites have to unify. And I think politicians understand this, that is why they try to keep this divide going on both sides of the aisle.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I haven't read through this thread. I don't need to. I know what the other post consist of. Same tired and derivative drivel. And about 10 pages of circle jerk with little to no original thoughts on the matter. I decided to spare myself and just give my point of view on the actual topic.

Blacks being the "model minority" would change absolutely nothing. If blacks were out competing whites, there would be even more backlash. There are plenty minority communities in the history of the world that has "outdone" the majority. Look at the Jews in Europe as a good example. Hell, even Nigerian immigrants in the UK are known to greatly outperform the white native born population. I doubt any of this changes perception.

For it to change perception, blacks under performing has to be the only issue whites have with them. And as much as many white nationalist love to go on about genetics, or bad culture. The reality is none of it matters, because it's just an excuse. There was a time when most whites used religion as an excuse to hate blacks. That was a socially acceptable reason to be anti-black. Today the new social excuse is science. The reality is that people who don't like blacks don't like them no matter how well or bad they do. That would assume there was ever a logical reason to hate black people to begin with. And there isn't one.

I think the reality is, white people have issues with black people, because black people are the only racial group that white people really have to compete with. Native Americans would be that other group, but there just aren't enough of them today. The reality is most blacks lineage goes back in this country much further than the average white person. Many whites being only 3rd or 4th generation Americans. While blacks can trace their American bloodline back to the 1700s and 1600s. The reality is, there is no America without black people. And as much as people love to talk about going back to Africa. The reality is black people don't want to leave. And white people don't have any ethical grounds for sending them anywhere.

Sure there are many other ethnic groups in America. But those are immigrants. And immigrants to some degree are susceptible to things like immigration policies and crackdowns. That is how many are dealing with illegal immigration out of Mexico. They're just trying to use the power of government to take care of the issue. And let's say Asians got out of line. Well it takes nothing more than getting the right senate and congress in office, and getting them out of here. There is no need to compete with immigrants, because white people are the majority. And they have the power of policy to save them from any would be competition.

But with black people, this isn't a matter of immigration. It's just as much black people's country as it is white people's country. Blacks have been here through all eras of the USA. From colonial times, to the industrial revolution, through depressions, the nuclear family, etc. Through every era. Black people are literally etched into the identity of America. There is no America without black people. And that is why whites know that they have to compete with blacks. They're stuck with them. And the only advantage whites really have is that they are the majority. Whites don't care about the survival of the white race. They care about losing the majority, because then they can't handidly control voting blocks and policy.

The reality is this. America won't be right until both groups get together and unify. And there is a lot of resentment on both sides. While there are many blacks who don't like whites, and are very resistant to any ideas of unifying. There are many whites who are also in the same boat. Many post on the internet reveals a lot of hidden anger towards blacks. But America will only survive when we realize that blacks and whites have to unify. And I think politicians understand this, that is why they try to keep this divide going on both sides of the aisle.
Whites are angered even if blacks won't compete with them. So there just isn't any way that blacks and whites will ever unify. It's going to have to be all whites competing with each other and stop forcing other people into their culture for political and entertainment value.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:36 PM

231 posts, read 250,900 times
It does seem like most of the problems are coming from that poorly behaved 10% or so of all races and groups. Everybody else is sheltering in place, obeying protocols and trying to protect and feed their families.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
In reality, they don't. In reality, not even white males must be qualified in all areas, just able to navigate successfully within the company culture and fit the poster boy role. Plus, being white is being already ahead of the game since there is also that 'ol learning curve advantage passed down through generations of inventors, builders, and craftsmen, etc... Whites do crave heavy competition, and many times, success in highly-competitive fields cannot be successfully achieved by blacks, especially when customers are turned off by our presence, the culture isn't ours, and the learning curve is too steep.
Many qualified white males can't get out of poverty or at least move up because they can't compete with other whites and Asians for the after the affirmative action and diversity toll little slither of opportunity left for whites to compete for.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:33 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
what you are providing here is the opposite of what most others are doing. instead of providing generalizations, you're using outliers.

the thing is that most people make judgments based on first impressions and if you don't look/act like an upstanding person, then you will be negatively stereotyped. it's true towards all people, .
There are not a lot of fine upstanding but uneducated white country folk who work hard, treat people well, etc? Their poor grammar isn't called 'ghetto' yet black slang is. There are double standards.

Quote:
but especially true towards blacks who have dug themselves a hole based on an individual's personal experiences, what we see from media, statistics, etc.
it's an unfortunate fact of the world we live in
No, they didn't dig themselves into any holes. You dug the holes and threw them in. The stats on white people on welfare and committing crimes don't put a shadow on me.

This is just excuse after excuse. 'I saw a ghetto black once, and I can't tell the difference between him and the rest anymore'. It's completely retarded.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Many qualified white males can't get out of poverty or at least move up because they can't compete with other whites and Asians for the after the affirmative action and diversity toll little slither of opportunity left for whites to compete for.
Totally. Looking at Executives, one can hardly find a white male! Poor babies.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post

Racists see blacks as sub human. I bet you it makes my stepmother physically ill to think of me with a black man.

Everything else, every single mentioned is an excuse to hide that fact. Because the stats argument is bull**** in dealing with people on a one on one basis.

One doesn't meet a black person and a graph comes into their head to judge them by, that is talked about in threads like these to disparage blacks as a whole, which still doesn't make any sense.

Making 'the good ones' responsible for it doesn't make ANY SENSE. 'They need to clean up 'their community'. What the ? HOW do my middle class black neighbors even DO that? Is there an 'adopt a hood' program? It has nothing to do with them anymore than I can do anything about the white urban ghetto areas or trailer park meth heads. And not their responsibility any more than mine except to pay their taxes.

They were brought over as sub-humans. They were treated like and believed to be more like animals than people. They were thought to have different diseases and couldn't control their impulses and people still believe this to this day.

I mean look at the stats. They are more violent, right? No one wants to take the time to understand the social reasons that is the case, it is thought to be proof of what they already believe, that they are inherently more violent genetically.

The 'good ones' are exceptional. It is recognized that some blacks manage to rise above due to exceptionalism on their part or that of their parents.

A middle class black man in this thread was actually asked how and why his parents managed to raise him the way they did, wanting to know the magic formula that caused a born beast to turn out human.

There is a disgusting pile of filth in this thread, and your intellectual reasoning for such is beyond their comprehension level, although true for some of the smarter whites in positions of power who are primarily concerned with maintaining a white supremacist structure.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:24 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
There is a disgusting pile of filth in this thread, and your intellectual reasoning for such is beyond their comprehension level, although true for some of the smarter whites in positions of power who are primarily concerned with maintaining a white supremacist structure.
With this abject nonsense, you are no better than those you rail against.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Native Americans are not in white society, not affecting whites, not causing whites to blame them for everything that happens in white society.
Here in Oklahoma almost everyone is part Native-American. The Cherokee, which I'm a member, have their capital in Tahlequah. It is basically half-white, half-native.

The vast majority of Native-Americans don't live on reservations, but the vast majority of Natives are also mixed-race. A lot of people who call themselves Native-American are basically white. The Cherokee Chief during the Trail of Tears was John Ross, and he was 7/8ths white.

In any case, Native-Americans are the victims of a lot of violence, most of it at the hands of non-Natives. But I still haven't noticed them causing a lot of problems, even though they have a higher poverty rate and a lower average household income than black people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern..._social_status

https://ncrc.org/racial-wealth-snaps...ensus%20Bureau.

"Poverty rates show that Native Americans are consistently the highest among each race. Reservation Indians have a 39% poverty rate; Non-Reservations, 26%; Black, 25%, Hispanic/Latino of all races, 23%, Pacific Islander, 18%, Asian, 13%; and White, 9%."

"The median income of American Indian and Alaska Native households was $40,315 – slightly lower than the median income of African American households, which was $41,361."

Basically, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies