Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: if black americans were "model minorities", would we still have racial tension?
Yes, racism and hate would still exist as it does today 33 17.37%
Some, but a lot less 92 48.42%
No, racism as it currently exists in the US would cease to exist 55 28.95%
Don't know 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 08:58 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,522,403 times

Advertisements

personally, I think a lot of the negative sentiment towards blacks (in 2020 pre-riots, not 1950) are not due to pure racism, but because of stereotypes and behaviors we all witness regularly.

i'm talking about the outspoken minority of blacks that wear their pants below their asses, blast rap music in their cars, speak the "dialect" of english that they do (in regards to accent, grammar, words and pronunciation of), and the fact that majority of violent crimes in major cities are committed by blacks.

instead of negative stereotypes, if they had positive stereotypes such as asians who value education and hard work, my guess is that a lot of the racism would not exist. if they spoke "white english" instead of ebonics, and were not on generational welfare, did not glorify rap and gangsta lyfe, etc... basically if they were culturally the same as americans, and didn't live this ghetto subculture, they would be looked upon in higher standing than they currently are.

i'm not saying that it would completely cease to exist, because there are people who are just racist by nature, but we would not be having BLM protests and riots like we have today.
it's not their skin color that's holding them back, it's their actions.

Last edited by blahblahyoutoo; 07-02-2020 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-02-2020, 09:00 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
personally, I think a lot of the negative sentiment towards blacks (in 2020 pre-riots, not 1950) are not due to pure racism, but because of stereotypes and behaviors we all witness regularly.

i'm talking about the outspoken minority of blacks that wear their pants below their asses, blast rap music in their cars, speak the "dialect" of english that they do (in regards to accent, grammar, words and pronunciation of), and the fact that majority of violent crimes in major cities are committed by blacks.

instead of negative stereotypes, if they had positive stereotypes such as asians who value education and hard work, my guess is that a lot of the racism would not exist. if they spoke "white english" instead of ebonics, and were not on generational welfare, did not glorify rap and gangsta lyfe, etc... basically if they were culturally the same as americans, and don't live this ghetto subculture, they would be looked upon in higher standing than they currently are.

i'm not saying that it would completely cease to exist, because there are people who are just racist by nature, but we would not be having BLM protests and riots like we have today.
Perfect example is how Indian immigrants have succeeded despite having skin dark as Blacks even though they do face racism. Racism exists but it’s also a two way street. That’s why I voted for “some, but a lot less.”

Old 07-02-2020, 09:05 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Perfect example is how Indian immigrants have succeeded despite having skin dark as Blacks even though they do face racism. Racism exists but it’s also a two way street. That’s why I voted for “some, but a lot less.”
Indians use proper grammar and dress appropriately. You don't hear a bunch of gutter slang and profanity coming out of their mouths when they get agitated.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 AM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times
Well look at all the other races in america who don't complain and are doing fine. Theres your answer.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:14 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Do you ever ask what the root cause of certain antisocial behaviors of a minority of African Americans is?

I think you’ve got the cart before the horse.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:14 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,035 times
I think most of the problems this ethnic group have are made much worse because of their own behavior . Removing 200 year old statutes does nothing to help these people learn to succeed.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Another thread obsessing over Black people. It’s damn near harassment.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:21 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Another thread obsessing over Black people. It’s damn near harassment.
What else of note is there to discuss about American politics other than the black and white thing?

2,888 posts, read 989,003 times
Some people might wear their pants below their asses, but some people just ARE the asses.

2,949 posts, read 1,353,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post

instead of negative stereotypes, if they had positive stereotypes such as asians who value education and hard work, my guess is that a lot of the racism would not exist. if they spoke "white english" instead of ebonics, and were not on generational welfare, did not glorify rap and gangsta lyfe, etc... basically if they were culturally the same as americans, and didn't live this ghetto subculture, they would be looked upon in higher standing than they currently are.

Winner post, blahblahyoutoo! Rep, rep, rep....

I agree 100% with you. Your words are mine.

For me, it's behavior and conduct, not skin color. If you're conduct is unpredictable and unsafe, I don't want to be around you.

Also, the door of "racism" swings both ways--blacks are racist against whites, Asians, Indians and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies