Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A reminder to those who attempt to deflect (likely because they cannot refute), THIS is the subject of this thread:

You can support your country or Trump, but not both

I 100% agree. How can you possibly support your country and Trump at the same time when Trump is opposed to renaming military bases named for traitorous generals from the Confederacy? There are lots of patriotic military heroes since the Civil War those bases could be renamed after.

And Trump doesn't even come from the South!

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 07-03-2020 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 10:45 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I 100% agree. How can you possibly support your country and Trump at the same time when Trump is opposed to renaming military bases named for traitorous generals from the Confederacy? There are lots of patriotic military heroes since the Civil War those bases could be renamed after.
Right, somehow Trump is uniquely unpatriotic for not renaming army bases that no other President in history had ever even contemplated renaming. What a uniquely traitorous villain. In fact I think it's so anti-American he should be impeached over it, what do you say?

Old 07-03-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I support Trump and my country. And neither you nor the "Seattle Times" can say otherwise. Perhaps the "Seattle Times" should look in its own backyard at the chaos in their own city.
My God, you are so quite so profoundly WRONG for thinking you can rightfully support Trump and your country at the same time. Please, please wise up and change your mind. If only Trump would support renaming military bases named after traitorous Confederate generals, maybe I could support you. But Trump is quite strongly opposed to doing that.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Right, somehow Trump is uniquely unpatriotic for not renaming army bases that no other President in history had ever even contemplated renaming. What a uniquely traitorous villain. In fact I think it's so anti-American he should be impeached over it, what do you say?
Impeachment was already tried and failed. It's now up to patriotic Americans to vote Trump the hell out of office in November.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:54 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Yeah, a liberal/communist rag, spewing what a liberal/communist city wants to hear.

I'll skip reading that trash, and dismiss it out of hand.

I support Trump, because I support my country.

CN

Old 07-03-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Yeah, a liberal/communist rag, spewing what a liberal/communist city wants to hear.

I'll skip reading that trash, and dismiss it out of hand.

I support Trump, because I support my country.

CN
And you probably don't consider InfoWars as trash.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:59 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The article from the OP is 180 degrees out of phase...

Here are the issues brought forth in the article...
  • Russian paying bounty to Afghanistan
  • White power tweet
  • Needs two hands to drink water
  • He said COVID under control
  • Joking about injesting household cleaners
  • He fired a prosecutor
  • He met w/ Diamond and Silk

Here's what not mentioned (Bolded are responses from Threerun)
  • Record low unemployment before the China virus hit- Already low until he goosed the economy with a 1T spending bill and tax cut.
  • Controlling the border- By separating children from families and locking people in cages
  • Closing down the endless wars- still there and apparently Russia has a bounty on US Service members heads and Trump ignored it
  • Brought manufacturing back to the US when no one thought it could be done- NOPE. They went DOWN
  • Forced NATO members to pay their fair share- Did they pay? You may want to look that one up
  • Prison reforms that gives many black Americans a second chance- Thanks Ivanka and Kim Kardashian?
  • Reforming the courtrooms- No argument there. Got some real right wingers in there now.
  • Wants America to be great- No HE wants to be great. He could care a less about the country. He's in it for himself.
  • Record economy- Okay you're delusional. Check the current state of affairs. Record unemployment, record National debt... I 'guess' you could call it a 'record economy
  • Opportunity zones helping inner cities- Prove it. It has yet to do a damned thing

What do you think is more likely to improve the lives of Americans?
Getting him out of office.

Old 07-03-2020, 11:00 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Impeachment was already tried and failed. It's now up to patriotic Americans to vote Trump the hell out of office in November.
But if only he re-names those dastardly-named military bases, then even patriotic Americans can vote for him, right?

Old 07-03-2020, 11:18 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,898,603 times
The 'not my President' routine is a sad crybaby act.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:39 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Please don't respond within the quote as it makes it more difficult to answer... and technically it's against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The article from the OP is 180 degrees out of phase...

Here are the issues brought forth in the article...
  • Russian paying bounty to Afghanistan
  • White power tweet
  • Needs two hands to drink water
  • He said COVID under control
  • Joking about injesting household cleaners
  • He fired a prosecutor
  • He met w/ Diamond and Silk

• Record low unemployment before the China virus hit
  • Controlling the border
  • Closing down the endless wars
  • Brought manufacturing back to the US when no one thought it could be done
  • Forced NATO members to pay their fair share
  • Prison reforms that gives many black Americans a second chance
  • Reforming the courtrooms
  • Wants America to be great
  • Record economy
  • Opportunity zones helping inner cities

What do you think is more likely to improve the lives of Americans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Getting him out of office.

Record low unemployment before the China virus hit- Already low until he goosed the economy with a 1T spending bill and tax cut.
Controlling the border- By separating children from families and locking people in cages
Closing down the endless wars- still there and apparently Russia has a bounty on US Service members heads and Trump ignored it
Brought manufacturing back to the US when no one thought it could be done- NOPE. They went DOWN
Forced NATO members to pay their fair share- Did they pay? You may want to look that one up
Prison reforms that gives many black Americans a second chance- Thanks Ivanka and Kim Kardashian?
Reforming the courtrooms - No argument there. Got some real right wingers in there now.
Wants America to be great - No HE wants to be great. He could care a less about the country. He's in it for himself.
Record economy - Okay you're delusional. Check the current state of affairs. Record unemployment, record National debt... I 'guess' you could call it a 'record economy
Opportunity zones helping inner cities - Prove it. It has yet to do a damned thing
I could go through through the list and discuss - but the truth is you are anti-Trump regardless of what he does.

Here are some quick hits.

Unemployment low - people were doing waitressing, cleaning, and other service work. Jobs are better now.

Obama separated children from families and put them in cages. But now children remain with their families... in their own country.

Russia bounties - not surprising that they would pay. Heck, the rioters here are getting paid to do what they do too. Questionable that it got to the president. But you hate him - so he's guilty.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the NATO leader pleased that countries were footing their portion of the fund. Their money is up.

You give him no credit for prison reform. That's your problem, not his.

Yes - he wants to be great AND he wants America to be great. Both of those things can coexist. And if American benefit, why is that not a good thing? Because you don't like him?

Debt is the fault of president and Congress and everyone who put them in place. That's a total system failure that will ruin us at some point if not dealt with.

Opportunity Zones have been increasing income in some areas. Sorry CNN/MSNBC didn't let you know. Here's a table outlining the areas by state where incomes are increasing.

Fastest Growing Opportunity Zones by State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies