Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you refuse the Covid-19 Vaccine if your employer required it under threat of termination
Yes I would refuse the Vaccine and be terminated from my job 35 37.63%
No I would get the vaccine 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 10:15 PM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times

Advertisements

Friend told me today he will refuse the vaccine I know he works for a school district and is close to retirement. He hates his job but only has 3 years to go 20 in at age 55. I was wondering what you would do if your employer required you to get the vaccine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,498,880 times
We all have choices. His would be to follow the rules and keep his job, or decline and lose or voluntarily leave his job. Only he knows what is best for himself in this situation.

He is of the age where it was mandatory for vaccinations to be required before admittance to school. I remember when the polio vaccine was first around. We got it in a sugar cube. I also got some vaccination on my rear thigh, others got it on their upper arm. Ask him to show his to you. It made a unique scar.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:23 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I guess you either get it or don't?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:25 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Depends if it has been proven to be safe or not.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:30 PM

6,340 posts, read 2,889,808 times
I will probably get it. I wonder if I can just go to a covid party though. I'm pretty sure I had it already. I have no risk factors. I was really sick for 36 hours and had dizzy spells for a month. But bad vaccines can give people Guillain-Barre syndrome which is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Depends if it has been proven to be safe or not.
Problem is that you might not know that for months or years. The rarer side effects take a long time to be discovered and only after millions of people get the vaccine.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:32 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post

Problem is that you might not know that for months or years. The rarer side effects take a long time to be discovered and only after millions of people get the vaccine.
Yep, that's my point.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:46 PM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I will probably get it. I wonder if I can just go to a covid party though. I'm pretty sure I had it already. I have no risk factors. I was really sick for 36 hours and had dizzy spells for a month. But bad vaccines can give people Guillain-Barre syndrome which is awful.

Supposedly some new studies from China are claiming that people who had it back in January no longer have any antibodies in their blood. I saw some interviews with doctors about this they said that is true with lot of viruses. The vaccine was different the way it works can make you immune to the virus much longer then contracting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
He is of the age where it was mandatory for vaccinations to be required before admittance to school. I remember when the polio vaccine was first around. We got it in a sugar cube. I also got some vaccination on my rear thigh, others got it on their upper arm. Ask him to show his to you. It made a unique scar.
Were both in our early 50's and yes I have the scar on my shoulder from the Smallpox Vaccine which was discontinued in early 1970's.

Anyone who has been in the military knows there is no choice in getting vaccines.

Old 07-02-2020, 10:52 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,956 times
I'm not sure that most employers could require such a thing.

I remember when I was a teenager the govt was freaking out about swine flu and pushing everyone to get vaccinated.....until a fairly small number of people had some very serious reactions.....and then they just kind of said 'nevermind'.It takes a while to know if the cure is worse than the disease.

I wouldn't have a problem if it was proven safe and if covid 19 is still a problem at the time.Right now its pointless to speculate....its possible no reliable vaccine will ever happen and possible covid 19 will fade away without one.

Old 07-03-2020, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Supposedly some new studies from China are claiming that people who had it back in January no longer have any antibodies in their blood. I saw some interviews with doctors about this they said that is true with lot of viruses. The vaccine was different the way it works can make you immune to the virus much longer then contracting it.

Were both in our early 50's and yes I have the scar on my shoulder from the Smallpox Vaccine which was discontinued in early 1970's.

Anyone who has been in the military knows there is no choice in getting vaccines.

Covid is already triggering Guillain-Barre syndrome.

I'm recovering from Guillain-Barre syndrome and it left me permanently disabled. But I'd still take the vaccine. Covid could kill you and is contagious.

I didn't spend four and a half months in the hospital to come home and stay locked in my house

Old 07-03-2020, 08:23 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

Yes, good point on smallpox. Know why that vaccine was discontinued? Because smallpox was eradicated.

By a vaccine.
Carry on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies