Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 03:52 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,227,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hey, adequate camo is important.
I got my camo hunting gear at Outdoor Man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 03:58 PM

493 posts, read 192,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Democrats and their propaganda wing frequently whine that the country is divided, yet they continue to churn out drivel like the article in the OP.
And they all blame Trump. “This President is so divisive!”

It’s really jaw-droppingly stupid.

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
As a black man, I don't care about nature and outdoors. I've done my fair share of hikes but I have a healthy fear of heights plus I hate mosquitoes.

Plus I'm black enough, and per liberal agenda, if I get any blacker with a tan via the sun's UV rays, I'm subjected to unspeakable acts of evil white racism and oppression against me which warrant reparations in 2020.

Can't risk that.

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
of course that's the question.

since the answer given was "availability of transportation" and "cost to go there", one is a copout, and the other one is simply ignorant.

Copout - it is cheaper to drive than to fly anywhere.

Ignorant - hotels around natural parks are MUCH cheaper than beaches, amusement parks, NYC, etc. Unless, I guess, you're looking for Red Roof Inn-level accomodations. They might not be everywhere.
I guess you have never stayed at the Yosemite Lodge!!!

Old 07-04-2020, 04:01 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black man, I don't care about nature and outdoors. I've done my fair share of hikes but I have a healthy fear of heights plus I hate mosquitoes.

Plus I'm black enough, and per liberal agenda, if I get any blacker with a tan via the sun's UV rays, I'm subjected to unspeakable acts of evil white racism and oppression against me.

Can't risk that.

Hike at altitudes higher than 6000 ft. I hate bugs as well, but there are very, very few bugs in the Rockies and SIerras at elevation.

I would give it another try. I am also afraid of heights, but just don't go on very narrow trails with sever drop offs.

You are missing out on the best views on the planet- try it again!

Old 07-04-2020, 04:03 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am a person of COLOR, darker than most Blacks and I have been to most of the National Parks in the Western U.S. and have the photos to prove it!
Well exactly, and no one would give a flip what color you are. Every American citizen and legal tourists can go to any national park, beach, or any place they like.

Yet the fools and racial agitators want to try an imply things are worse today than back when slavery and segregation existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Evidently they’ve now emptied the insane asylums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Just when you think it can't get any stupider .. it gets STOOPIDER!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
White Attendance At National Parks Is Troubling

Only to people having trouble.
Indeed

`

Old 07-04-2020, 04:05 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
White Attendance At National Parks Is Troubling

Tempest in a teapot. The posting almost looks like a hoax, or false flag, because 77% is almost exactly the actual proportion of Caucasians in the populace, so I don't know that this is a cause for concern. It reads like a deliberate joke.

I know that a lot of people who grow up in the inner city rarely get a chance to visit a national park. I myself haven't been to one since my kids were small (all in their 40's now), since I was never in a good enough situation to take a nice vacation.

I have actually seen more national and provincial parks in China than in the USA. It's just odd how that happens.

It seems there may be some problems with exposure to some segments of the population. Some people just can't get away to these further locations.

I do think that as fees go up, less well off families of all backgrounds will make choices they can afford, and miss out on some of America's great wonders. That would be a shame.

Last edited by Hesychios; 07-04-2020 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-04-2020, 04:09 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hike at altitudes higher than 6000 ft. I hate bugs as well, but there are very, very few bugs in the Rockies and SIerras at elevation.

I would give it another try. I am also afraid of heights, but just don't go on very narrow trails with sever drop offs.

You are missing out on the best views on the planet- try it again!

I also prefer the National Parks of the Western States for that reason and much more variation in scenery. The one exception is the fall colors of northern New England: that stands on its own but the buggy season is gone by then.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
So it's my fault that black people aren't choosing to go to parks in their free time?

Old 07-04-2020, 06:13 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://twitter.com/stephebbs/status...71771066728448

Finding new things that are "racist."
I've been to nearly a hundred out of 419 National Parks since I retired in 2014, but I don't ever recall going to one to see who else was there.

Y'all need to go find a moose or a bear or something to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies