Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 12:22 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Always best to just leave the area call the police last thing you ever should do is pull a gun. Facing the legal system will be very costly even if you were able to win a jury trial. Most people when faced with prison time will just take a plea deal, and take the felony conviction with probation.

I once had someone with road rage situation got upset for not letting him in front of us who wanted to go around long line of cars and cut in at the front at a left turn intersection. The guy followed us for miles I had my pistol I always kept it below the door line I never showed it to him. We just drove to local police station when we turned into the parking lot he left. This was before I had a cell phone back in the late 1990s. We just waited there for 15 minutes we left.

The only proof the police need to charge you is if the other person can describe the gun you brandished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 12:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Always best to just leave the area call the police last thing you ever should do is pull a gun. Facing the legal system will be very costly even if you were able to win a jury trial. Most people when faced with prison time will just take a plea deal, and take the felony conviction with probation.

I once had someone with road rage situation got upset for not letting him in front of us who wanted to go around long line of cars and cut in at the front at a left turn intersection. The guy followed us for miles I had my pistol I always kept it below the door line I never showed it to him. We just drove to local police station when we turned into the parking lot he left. This was before I had a cell phone back in the late 1990s. We just waited there for 15 minutes we left.

The only proof the police need to charge you is if the other person can describe the gun you brandished.

Or a video of you brandishing it.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

I don't believe the name Karen is a racist meme. It's a meme for a soccer mom - I don't see color attached to it though. I've worked with many Karen's who were black but I've never seen a white Shaquea or whatever you wrote.
Of course it is. It is only applied to white females in a most negative context. It's like the Mammy stereotype for whites.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and they didn’t. Simple keep backing up. They will eventually move.

Getting out of the car with a gun shows she wasn’t actually scared for her life. Just anxious to pull her weapon. Prolly been having drams about the last month.

Don’t drop the soap!!
Uh, that's the exact definition of freedom of movement being impeded.

It's technically kidnapping/false imprisonment.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:28 PM

653 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The black lady is being an Arse- I’ve been on the side of the white lady with a 6’5 drunken man having a melt down- I’m 4”11 - Is it worth pulling the gun? If you going to pull it, it’s to use it. And I have a gun - I let crazies wear them selves out or some one intervenes.
Very hard to get to the gun if you wait for someone to put you in a headlock first. Usually you need a hint that it is time for the gun, such as someone screaming that they are going to beat your ass, then when they surround you and start beating on your car.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:28 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Lot of tough talkers here I bet none of you have the money to go to a trial. Looking at possibly $50-100k cash in legal fees you know that a jury's are mostly made up of 70+ plus have questionable cogitative abilities, and the unemployed. If your found guilty in a jury trial judge could send you to prison. I would bet 99% of you would take plea deal probation, and give up your guns.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:30 PM

653 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It was really just to make a point. Whether you and I don't like it or use it, the Karen thing has gone viral and mainstream. It has been deemed funny to mock and belittle white people using proper names. Perhaps expanding that type of meme beyond whites is the way to play it out and finally put it to bed.
Can someone tell me what Karen means? Where did it come from?

Old 07-03-2020, 12:31 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I understand- I’m just saying the gun - took it to the next level. Long as she didn’t touch my body or my daughters it’s a shouting match. If damaged my car ~ the cops would have the video.
Eventually if she sat in her car the black lady would have walked away cause the cops would have come. Or the manager or a bystander

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...n-black-woman/

Quote:
The black woman then turned her ire toward white woman’s husband and threatened him: “And if you say something I’ll beat your white ass too.”

As the white couple backed up their vehicle to leave the parking lot, the black woman rushed behind the SUV to block them from leaving and accused them of ‘trying to hit her.’

The black woman pounded on the vehicle and threatened to beat them.

This is when the confrontation escalated.
If you watch the video you can see that after the lady pounded on their vehicle, the white lady got out of the car to either assess the damage to her car, or to see what the hell the black lady was up to. As soon as white lady got out of the car, they were right there in the white lady's face. This was right after the black lady screamed that she was going to beat their F'ing A**.

I, personally would have probably stayed in the car and called the police.
But, that lady had a right to do what she did as far as getting out the car to see what the heck that other lady was doing. There is very close contact between the woman right there and the white lady is right outside of her car. It sounds like the black lady tried to or did hit the white lady. And THAT is when it appears the white lady pulled out the gun. My opinion may change based on further information.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:32 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Of course it is. It is only applied to white females in a most negative context. It's like the Mammy stereotype for whites.
Well guess I'm not up on the latest ways to insult people - I try to find the good in people. Thanks for the education but to lower yourself and act the same isn't a very mature thing to do.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:32 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
That gun sure deescalated it. The Blk woman stopped pounding the car and basically shut her up. Not so irate when a gat nine milly is in your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies