Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 10:10 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Cite main line media calling the couple racist. I have not seen that. The Black Mom does appear to claim their actions were racist.. But I have not seen any major news source to assert that being true. And I would tend to agree that the interaction got hostile but does not seem racially driven.
If we ignore all the racial smack talk by the black family.

Man, when you folks have an agenda you really go to the mat for it, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 10:19 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Funny enough just last year a Michigan appeals court the out a conviction because a judge wrongly suggesting that defending yourself by pulling a gun had to meet the standard for use of deadly force. That ruling expressly stated that pulling a gun is not deadly force and does not require that standard.

That said, Michigan law is incredibly backwards and no one should want to live there.
And it appears Michigan prosecutors misuse and abuse the already bad law for their own purposes.

Last edited by mtl1; 07-05-2020 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-05-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hallmark of a Marxist do-gooder.

I will "protect" those who don't know any better.

Uh huh.

Yeah do-gooder concerned trolls protecting us from our ability to be prosecuted for self defense .

Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Along with-- follow all the rules!!

Guns in Vehicles in Michigan. ... Generally, a person may not transport or have in his or her possession a firearm in or upon a vehicle, unless the firearm is unloaded and the gun is enclosed in a case, unloaded and carried in the trunk of a vehicle, or unloaded in a motorized boat.Nov 18, 2019

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-...torized%20boat.
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol ... in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person ... without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.227

Old 07-05-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol ... in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person ... without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.227
Yeah the other poster only references part of the law, the part that doesn't apply to the situation. And keeps doing it even after someone points out the correct part to reference. I'm sure that it is unintentional though .

Old 07-05-2020, 11:01 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Okay, they "hinted" it was racially driven, better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTcsrk62oRk

What's the point to post only the end of the video? What's the point to bring these couple's skin color into discussion?

Come on.
Sorry but the meat of the accusation was published. And the long version was readily available. The Black Mom clearly thought the couples behavior was racist and that of course gets picked up. But no where does the media claim it is true. And I would point out the white couple's words were also pretty colorful.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:07 AM

653 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Take another look. There is no such showing. In fact from the Detroit Newspaper report...

Hill then said she thought the driver was going to hit them as the driver backed out of the parking space, so she hit the back window of the vehicle to stop it.

The woman jumped out and pulled a gun. The woman walks backward and repeatedly shouts "Get the (expletive) back!" and "Back the (expletive) up!" as she points the gun. The mother and teen begin yelling and calling for the cops as the woman climbs back into the vehicle.

So you claim mine reading skills to interpret what happened?
So you are choosing to take the word of racist blacks over video that show they are lying. That's rich.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:08 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
In this thread, I just said this so see where I stand on the responsibility of being armed

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...guy-but-7.html

As far as facing a felony, first of the position of where the officials of said city or area stand politically can determine who and why someone gets arrested or not, it just is that way, fact is a anti gun police chief or mayor will be biased against a gun owner right off the bat, in the end the courts will decide and being charged with a felony of course doesn't mean a conviction of one.

BUT it goes back to the moment in time when faced with a irate angry in person threatening violence, you can choose to wait and see if they actually follow through which then it's too late to protect yourself and the baby, we saw how a man pushed backward can can easily fall to the ground a receive head/brain injury, we ALL know that a sucker punch or kick to a pregnant woman can lead to the loss of life of the baby. What was this woman suppose to take a chance with?

The only way those people could have been hurt after both of them were in the car is if the woman smashed the glass to get to them. Good luck selling that.

As far as the sucker punches totally different situation.

This is more like a road rage altercation, which happens all the time. If you GET out of the CAR to confront, you are automatically taking responsibility and not a victim, even if you were in the right. The black lady mouthed off to them when they were still outside and didn't hit anyone when she had the chance.

Banging on the back of the car just isn't a big deal and if she was blocking it, you just wait for the police or until she gets tired and leaves which ever comes first. The pregnant woman seemed really enraged about the woman having been behind the car, not scared.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:12 AM

653 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Cite main line media calling the couple racist. I have not seen that. The Black Mom does appear to claim their actions were racist.. But I have not seen any major news source to assert that being true. And I would tend to agree that the interaction got hostile but does not seem racially driven.
Let us clue you in. When the media chooses to show JUST a portion of the video showing the white woman holding a gun and refuses to show everything that happened AND they make sure to say WHITE woman holding gun on BLACK woman, that is making it about race.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:13 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
So you are choosing to take the word of racist blacks over video that show they are lying. That's rich.
Take another look. Nothing in either video that does not agree with the Black Mom.

Does not prove anything. But there is nothing inconsistent either.

And let me ask you...why do you keep trying to prove the Black Mom entrapped the couple? You have a problem with Black people? There is a name for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies