Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 01:48 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well the law is you don't have to retreat or be attacked before you use force in self defense. You only have to reasonably believe you are preventing force about to be used against you. The white woman stepped out of her vehicle to clear the people from stopping and attacking her vehicle and reasonably believed she would be attacked if she didn't brandish her gun. So there you go, there shouldn't even be a charge of brandishing let alone felonious assault.
We'll have so see what becomes of it. I wouldn't have pulled a gun in that instance so it doesn't look like self-defense to me. She was rude when she didn't say excuse me, the 15-year-old was rude when she said "excuse you", she was rude when she started in on a child, the mom was rude when she escalated the situation. I don't feel sorry for any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 01:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Well the law is you don't have to retreat or be attacked before you use force in self defense. You only have to reasonably believe you are preventing force about to be used against you. The white woman stepped out of her vehicle to clear the people from stopping and attacking her vehicle and reasonably believed she would be attacked if she didn't brandish her gun. So there you go, there shouldn't even be a charge of brandishing let alone felonious assault.
Pretty much absurd. May well have committed an assault when they backed in to the black family.

Now if the Mom or the two of them had pulled open the car door and gone for the White lady or one of them had pulled a knife or such perhaps a justification for pulling a gun. But none of that happened.

So it was simply an attack by the White lady.

And note that the Black family had as much right to be there as did the White couple. It was an auto and pedestrian mixed area.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:51 PM

653 posts, read 221,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, why do you think people are so hostile towards those sticking a camera in their face and filming them?

You literally have to walk away. If you say or do anything, the video will go viral and you’ll be unemployed.

Meanwhile the “victims” can call you every name in the book, threaten to “beat your white ass,” block you from leaving, and face no consequence. That’s right, the scum of society have learned to weaponize their smartphone cameras and America continues to go down the drain.

As a black man, just because you do something I don’t like, doesn’t mean you’re a racist.
The sad thing is because of this "let's video us trying to trigger a white person to post on the internet" thing going on, I will now look down if I walk past you or try to walk the other way. I will now go out of my way to avoid you at all costs, because I don't want to risk being played on camera. That is really sad because you are awesome and I bet we would be great friends if we were able to meet.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:53 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
We'll have so see what becomes of it. I wouldn't have pulled a gun in that instance so it doesn't look like self-defense to me. She was rude when she didn't say excuse me, the 15-year-old was rude when she said "excuse you", she was rude when she started in on a child, the mom was rude when she escalated the situation. I don't feel sorry for any of them.
So always prosecute and see what sticks. Who cares what you would've done. You can not ever defend yourself if you want but that is not reasonable.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Pretty much absurd. May well have committed an assault when they backed in to the black family.

Now if the Mom or the two of them had pulled open the car door and gone for the White lady or one of them had pulled a knife or such perhaps a justification for pulling a gun. But none of that happened.

So it was simply an attack by the White lady.

And note that the Black family had as much right to be there as did the White couple. It was an auto and pedestrian mixed area.
LOL.

If nothing else I admire your commitment.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So always prosecute and see what sticks. Who cares what you would've done. You can not ever defend yourself if you want but that is not reasonable.
There you go again.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
The sad thing is because of this "let's video us trying to trigger a white person to post on the internet" thing going on, I will now look down if I walk past you or try to walk the other way. I will now go out of my way to avoid you at all costs, because I don't want to risk being played on camera. That is really sad because you are awesome and I bet we would be great friends if we were able to meet.
You are being silly. The videoing is not a Black thing. It occurs all the time among all groups. If you have an encounter with anyone you presume it is being videoed and behave accordingly. Could be it is not being videoed but why would anyone take the chance? I am set up and will always record any contact with the police. Just good sense.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
How will we avoid all the leftists in the government and media etc promoting and facilitating the persecution and prosecution though? I think we need a secession .

Old 07-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Did the black woman impede the freedom of movement of the white woman?

If so, how many times did it happen?
I saw one time the woman said the mom was blocking her. That was before she entered her vehicle. The mom claimed not to be and the woman got in her car, spoke some more, and rolled up the window. During the back up the guy didn't have space to back up as he did because of where people wherein the roadway. He could have cut the turn and pulled out using the empty spaces next to him but for some reason, he backed way out straight. Did you see another time? It's not like the woman was afraid to bump into someone in her way.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I saw one time the woman said the mom was blocking her. That was before she entered her vehicle. The mom claimed not to be and the woman got in her car, spoke some more, and rolled up the window. During the back up the guy didn't have space to back up as he did because of where people wherein the roadway. He could have cut the turn and pulled out using the empty spaces next to him but for some reason, he backed way out straight. Did you see another time? It's not like the woman was afraid to bump into someone in her way.
Ok, I have twice but I'll try to work with you on your admission of once.

When someone impedes your freedom of movement do you believe it is kidnapping and/or false imprisonment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies