Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 02:04 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok, I have twice but I'll try to work with you on your admission of once.

When someone impedes your freedom of movement do you believe it is kidnapping and/or false imprisonment?
I'm not agreeing with her freedom of movement being impeded. It may have looked like that to her at the time so she said something but it should have been clear they were not stopping her from leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 02:05 PM

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
The sad thing is because of this "let's video us trying to trigger a white person to post on the internet" thing going on, I will now look down if I walk past you or try to walk the other way. I will now go out of my way to avoid you at all costs, because I don't want to risk being played on camera. That is really sad because you are awesome and I bet we would be great friends if we were able to meet.
Very sad indeed, but completely understandable.
When so much is at stake (your job, reputation, sanity and physical integrity), many will choose not to take a chance.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok, I have twice but I'll try to work with you on your admission of once.

When someone impedes your freedom of movement do you believe it is kidnapping and/or false imprisonment?
Not when Mom made it clear she was not and the white lady immediately got into her car. It may well be that the White lady perceived it but that does not make it true and the immediate outcome makes it clear such a perception was wrong.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:07 PM

653 posts, read 221,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I started to crack up at about 5:40 where he does a victimhood dance, imitating the woman.

`
At the 4:20 mark he hits the key point and I will bold it here for everyone, because it is FACT

If this was a black woman using a gun to protect herself from the same black women, this never would have made the news. And he is correct. It ONLY made the news because it was a white woman with a gun pointed at black women. This tells us everything we need to know about what the medias intentions are. Why do people keep falling for the media propaganda?

Old 07-05-2020, 02:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'm not agreeing with her freedom of movement being impeded. It may have looked like that to her at the time so she said something but it should have been clear they were not stopping her from leaving.
The white woman doesn't have to be perfectly right in hindsight, just reasonable in the moment.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And I have a problem with an attempt to create a Black racist in order to defend what may well have been a racially motivated attack. I agree it is not shown in the videos but we are not on the scene sensing the ongoing interaction.. Maybe the Black lady is wrong. Maybe she is correct. I doubt we will ever be able to resolve the question.

And the fact, which you appear unable to understand, is that the White lady attacked with a gun. I do not accept that the attack was racist. But it was still an attack.
We know for a fact the black women considered everything the white woman did was racially motivated. Their 'evidence' for that is the woman did not say 'sorry' or excuse me. You choose to say the entire incident, from bump to gun, 'may well have been a racially motivated attack.' You're totally biased in interpreting and presenting the whole incident and how the parties behaved.

I give the black women credit for one thing --- they haven't yet alleged anyone used the n word.

926 posts, read 417,326 times
Quote:
At the 4:20 mark he hits the key point and I will bold it here for everyone, because it is FACT

If this was a black woman using a gun to protect herself from the same black women, this never would have made the news. And he is correct. It ONLY made the news because it was a white woman with a gun pointed at black women. This tells us everything we need to know about what the medias intentions are. Why do people keep falling for the media propaganda?
If it had been the opposite - white mother + daughters vs black couple with a gun, what do you think the medias' reactio would have been?

Old 07-05-2020, 02:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:

more nonsense. It had a racial tinge that made it newsworthy. If all had been white it would not have made the new. And if the Black teenager was not involved it would likely have received much less attention.

So it is the total circumstances of the event that made it newsworthy. And the racial situation was part of that.

Old 07-05-2020, 02:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Not when Mom made it clear she was not and the white lady immediately got into her car. It may well be that the White lady perceived it but that does not make it true and the immediate outcome makes it clear such a perception was wrong.
Yeah, a lot of kidnappers love to tell you they aren't impeding their victim's freedom of movement.

We should believe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies