Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 08:19 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I could tell as soon as I read the phrase "recite its mantras" that Trump didn't write that speech. Trump doesn't know what a "mantra" is. Obviously Miller wrote the speech. Also note the striking physical resemblance between Miller and Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels:

Coincidence? Or reincarnation?
was goebbels also jewish, like miller?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 08:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
was goebbels also jewish, like miller?
Maybe. Even Hitler is reported to have been part Jewish.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/was-hitler-jewish

Old 07-06-2020, 11:57 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Trump is so obsessed with statues that he either thinks this is in the US, or even worse maybe he thinks Brazil is a state

Old 07-06-2020, 11:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
^^^

Old 07-06-2020, 02:29 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Trump is so obsessed with statues that he either thinks this is in the US, or even worse maybe he thinks Brazil is a state

Trump is going to protect a statue (Christ the Redeemer) that is in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? Aw, come on now. Nobody is that stupid. Well, I can think of two people who are and they're both named Donald Trump.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:57 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Are you really so biased that you believe 130,000 deaths are because of Trump’s incompetence. No doubt he has made a few mistakes. Probably no more than the CDC or the WHO but there was a pretty infectious virus with no cure and a high death rate compared to many other viruses. Aside from dictatorship type actions how could it have been avoided. I would not be surprised to see another 100,000.

Whoever said President Obama should have resigned was biased too.
Are you really so biased as to be unable to see that Trump's insistence on re-opening the economy, his downplaying of the use of masks (against CDC and his own medical team's advice), and his holding of large public political gatherings, let alone his downplaying of the seriousness of the virus in February have NOT led to the deaths of at least tens of thousands of others?

Every other nation that has taken seriously both masks and social distancing are now banning travelers from the United States which has done neither.

Are you really so biased as to think Trump's letting each state come up with their own coronavirus standards hasn't led to fifty different policies many completely ineffective, while Trump urges on the economy?

What dictatorial polices did you object to after 9/11? The one that banned all air travel? The National Security Agency's wiretapping without a warrant? The detainment, imprisonment, and torture of foreign nationals? The national "no-fly" list? The exclusion of scholars with perceived political views the administration did not like out of the United States?

In the case of masks, would not that attempt to preserve life, "trump" the "freedom" to not wear one and potentially infect and kill others?

I would not be surprised to see another 100,000 deaths from coronavirus either, unless, of course, after a vaccine is developed we have a national policy keeping unvaccinated children from attending schools, both public and private, and perhaps even limiting employment with the federal government and the military without vaccination.

The government had no problem telling me to take a dozen or more vaccinations when I was in the Marine Corps prior to my deployment in Vietnam.

So yes, the government, and its leader IS responsible for what happens to its citizens.
We, on the other hand, are responsible for electing government leaders who act reasonably.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:55 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Everyone reading your posts clearly sees who's "living in misery."

Please relax and enjoy all the winning.

Like those hateful rants tRump delivered over the weekend.

Carry on.

Here we go AGAIN, "Everyone reading your posts"( it has been claimed that there are MORE repubs on this site then dems. Many"polls" on questions seem to favor the repubs point of view, some by huge margins, so to claim "everybody reading your posts" doen't hold water.) thinking you KNOW what EVERYBODY REALLY thinks and knows, "Everyone reading your posts clearly sees who's "living in misery."

Believe me, I am NOT living in misery. I live very well and NOTHING said on this forum can change that. MY selection for president WON and IMO will win AGAIN.

I did NOT go out into the street screaming and sobbing because my choice did not win when carter, clinton and obama won like so many dems did when trump won.
I did NOT call my therapist from my "safe place" with my crayons and Play-Do at hand.

All I read from you is hate, misery and woe because Trump beat your "smartest woman in the world" hillary and you can't handle it. Just the THOUGHT of Trump winning AGAIN, makes you go off the rails.

Trump sneezes you and the rest of the left, which includes most of the media go bananas.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
How does it feel that after being a member of this forum for 13 years and putting up more than 42,000 posts you still haven't made a single friend? That's got to be a record for CD.
Maybe YOUR life relies on what happens on tis forum, mine DOESN'T!

I have never set up a "friends" account.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Actually, I was impressed he was able to read that lengthy teleprompter speech with all those really big words!

Considering he has the speech capability of a 4th grader, if that.

Yeah, not one mention of the virus. Statues are so much more important!
"Considering he has the speech capability of a 4th grader, if that."

Such hypocrites many on the left are.

We read a lot about so many on the left are "highly" educated and having a college degree is the ONLY measure required. Even though may only have Liberal Arts degree.

Yet Trump While at speech capability of a 4th grader, rated the best business schools in the country, he worked at the family business, Elizabeth Trump & Son.[6] He graduated in May 1968 with a B.S. in economics.

It is a LOT HARDER to get a business degree then it is a Liberal Arts degree, which is why so many on the left go that route in college.

He turned a few millions into BILLIONS, had a very successful TV show, many on the left claims"
"Considering he has the speech capability of a 4th grader, if that."

You DON'T become a BILLIONAIRE with a " speech capability of a 4th grader,"

I'll take Trump's speech capability over biden's ANY day!

Do you really want to compare Trump and the teleprompter with biden?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 07-08-2020 at 07:26 AM..

Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Here we go AGAIN, "Everyone reading your posts"( it has been claimed that there are MORE repubs on this site then dems. Many"polls" on questions seem to favor the repubs point of view, some by huge margins, so to claim "everybody reading your posts" doen't hold water.) thinking you KNOW what EVERYBODY REALLY thinks and knows, "Everyone reading your posts clearly sees who's "living in misery."

Believe me, I am NOT living in misery. I live very well and NOTHING said on this forum can change that. MY selection for president WON and IMO will win AGAIN.

I did NOT go out into the street screaming and sobbing because my choice did not win when carter, clinton and obama won like so many dems did when trump won.
I did NOT call my therapist from my "safe place" with my crayons and Play-Do at hand.

All I read from you is hate, misery and woe because Trump beat your "smartest woman in the world" hillary and you can't handle it. Just the THOUGHT of Trump winning AGAIN, makes you go off the rails.

Trump sneezes you and the rest of the left, which includes most of the media go bananas.
Oh, settle down, QE.

No one's blaming you for tRump's long list of continuing failures.

Don't take it so personally when they're pointed out in a political forum like this one.

Besides, he's gone in a few short, entertaining months.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies