Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times

Advertisements

Ironically, the antifa presence in Portland is the largest argument against affordable, comfortable cities, in beautiful environments and with high development indexes.

Portland almost needs a significant influx of corporate and real estate money, to make the city more expensive and difficult, and in-turn to drive out the mentally-ill antifa types who would see its society destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 11:16 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I'll listen to Radio Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis to get the low down.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:24 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Ironically, the antifa presence in Portland is the largest argument against affordable, comfortable cities, in beautiful environments and with high development indexes.

Portland almost needs a significant influx of corporate and real estate money, to make the city more expensive and difficult, and in-turn to drive out the mentally-ill antifa types who would see its society destroyed.
Sure didn't pan out that way in Seattle,

Old 07-07-2020, 11:32 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
with respect, if it happens in a single square foot of any city, it is too much.

if this kind of thing turns from thought to action, it should be treated as sedition. period.

There is no such thing as minimizing this insanity
Per the bolded, plenty of CD's progressives have been real party stalwarts in doing so. They still haven't given up.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:43 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
A lot of businesses are looking elsewhere right now, and companies are putting their people up in hotels outside of downtown.

https://www.kgw.com/article/money/bu...a-717f8c71e6f0

Actions (or in this case inaction) have consequences. I can't imagine the Portlands, Seattles, and Minneapolis' having much economic success in the foreseeable future as long as this continues.

Rightfully so! We had dinner downtown Portland at a nice restaurant on the 4th. Was an interesting night! We sat right next to one of the Trailblazer players and his girlfriend near a big window that looked out onto the sidewalk. About half the way thru the meal, four young ladies who clearly looked like they were going over to the 4th of July riots a few blocks away walked by and peered into the restaurant and mocked everybody inside with evil gestures.

My wife and I just looked at each other, as I'm sure the young Trailblazer looked at his girlfriend and we were had the same thought "does it really have to come to this?" I'm sure the athlete was nervous as his $250,000 car was parked right outside.

Who wants to deal with this?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:19 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Per the bolded, plenty of CD's progressives have been real party stalwarts in doing so. They still haven't given up.
first of all, I agree with you. second of all i would say the progressives are full on seditionists.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:26 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
^^^ That's pretty good. The best I could come up with was Portland Orchestrated Occupied Protest.
Portland Occult, on Patrol

Old 07-07-2020, 02:01 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Portland Occult, on Patrol
Progressive Opinions On Portland.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:58 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Finally some arrests:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...ks-on-officers

These terrorists had a machete, mortars, high intensity lasers targeting officer's eyes, and more...and they will face federal charges for it. I'm surprised they only arrested 7 people.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:04 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,691,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Finally some arrests:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...ks-on-officers

These terrorists had a machete, mortars, high intensity lasers targeting officer's eyes, and more...and they will face federal charges for it. I'm surprised they only arrested 7 people.
Good to see. So disappointing that it has taken federal law enforcement to do the job that local law enforcement should be doing but can't because local elected officials have abdicated from their responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies