Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 06:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel976 View Post
same thing with all the “woke” companies in liberal cities, run by liberal ceos. In my last job, a non-profit where liberalism seems to be worse, the majority of those at the director level and up were either black or gay - and many of them barely competent. The support staff was majority white. In my own department, there were three directors, all of them gay. There had been a fourth, but they renamed positions, and his (a straight while male) was downgraded to a non-director position, and he was the most capable of all them. He ended up leaving for a new job a few months later, and they had trouble filling it at the non-director position. So they ended up bringing it back to the director level, and who did they hire? A black female.

(i ended up leaving there myself within months of that. No future for straight whites.)

Shaking my damn head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 06:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is it, exactly! Our schools haven't been developing talent. They've been leveling everyone off to the lowest common denominator, which is somewhere below average: the level at which the majority can achieve. Why has that happened? Because the goal of equal educational outcomes (albeit, low outcomes) was perceived as "social justice" and "fair" to all.
Yes, and I have to give credit to my beloved dad, may he RIP, who noted that to me a couple of years ago. In an effort not to hurt anyone’s feelings, those who are at the very top in terms of intelligence or aptitude are not developed because it might hurt the self-esteem of the average or below-average kids.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:07 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Drugs. Statins seriously makes people stupid, angry, and forgetful.

That's a BIG double Amen!

Old 07-04-2020, 06:11 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Same thing with all the “woke” companies in liberal cities, run by liberal CEOs. In my last job, a non-profit where liberalism seems to be worse, the majority of those at the director level and up were either black or gay - and many of them barely competent. The support staff was majority white. In my own department, there were three directors, all of them gay. There had been a fourth, but they renamed positions, and his (a straight while male) was downgraded to a non-director position, and he was the most capable of all them. He ended up leaving for a new job a few months later, and they had trouble filling it at the non-director position. So they ended up bringing it back to the director level, and who did they hire? A black female.

(I ended up leaving there myself within months of that. No future for straight whites.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Shaking my damn head.
Yes, and this was the result: the intelligent and capable whites who were denied promotions, because the company favored blacks (and gays), never stayed. They left for better opportunities. So the company ended up having lots of unqualified blacks and gays at the director level (and up), and very average or sub-par whites at the support level. Worst place I ever worked.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:23 AM

477 posts, read 336,239 times
Why has the IQ/Common Sense/Intelligence level crapped the bed in the US over the years?

Due to excessive political correctness and propaganda.
In my opinion, this is a problem when political correctness prevails over a logic and common sense.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:28 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, and I have to give credit to my beloved dad, may he RIP, who noted that to me a couple of years ago. In an effort not to hurt anyone’s feelings, those who are at the very top in terms of intelligence or aptitude are not developed because it might hurt the self-esteem of the average or below-average kids.
I'll vouch for that. It is absolutely true. The top learnering self motivated people were thought to be arrogant. Schools had no provisions for them. And when the schools finally did AP classes it was mainly for segregation. The curriculum was not much better than regular.

When my kids were in school nothing was done for those who had done all the work. One of my kids had finished everything they had for the 4th grade so they sent her to the first grade teacher to be an aide. She did that for 4 months.

Her kid had read every book in the school and done all the work by halfway through the 1st. grade, so he had to sit with his hands folded on his desk all day.

He left the building to walk home. They didn't know he was gone until his mom showed up after school to get him. That happened 2 times. before she found an alternative school run by some old hippies who would take him.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:29 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
...Despite more people getting college educated?

Do you believe the conspiracy of the government "dumbing down" the american population with injection of chemicals in the water supply or is it something else?
I am a registered independent. I'm not fond of our 2 party system at all, because in the end these parties only look after their own power over the people and country. What I see is the most hateful racist, treasonous party in my 60 years--The Democrat party.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:41 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Well then you're just being delusional. If you're claiming people are dumber then at least provide some actual numbers. Claims without stats don't mean anything.
You have morons burning wooden elks because they've been told they are victims and that they should be perpetually aggrieved and offended. How much more of a stat do you need? Sheesh.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:42 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I am a registered independent. I'm not fond of our 2 party system at all, because in the end these parties only look after their own power over the people and country. What I see is the most hateful racist, treasonous party in my 60 years--The Democrat party.
Agreed.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:45 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
IQ is largely genetic (except to the science deniers) and the known genes that correlate to IQ are on the X Chromosome and therefore women have more of an IQ impact on the next generation. High IQ women are having fewer kids and having kids later in life in recent decades. Low IQ women have more kids.

If you look at IQ by race, it isn't really dropping as fast as the national average. Due to cultural bias, apparently IQ tests favor Asian culture first and then white culture second. Most immigration comes in from places where their culture apparently doesn't sit well with IQ tests. As those populations have increased in number over recent decades the national average has fallen.

World Map by IQ

I've heard liberals be very condescending about some European countries having higher IQ averages than the US and then blame it on rednecks. However, what they don't understand is that the US's average white IQ would score near the top of European countries' white population average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies