Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 04:19 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times

Advertisements

I have a close family member who was a pretty hardcore Leftist until recently. Surprisingly, the thing that started to open her eyes and change her mind was the way the Left is crucifying the President for referring to covid-19 as the China virus. She said that while she has never liked him to say the least, she thinks it is ridiculous that he is not allowed to state the fact that this virus came from China. The rioting and looting and attacks on American values and culture are affecting her too, so much so that she is probably going to vote for Trump this time.

For hating gun ownership so much, the Dems sure manage to shoot themselves in the foot a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 04:19 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump is unifying for people who love America and divisive for people who hate America.

I agree with this.
Amen i love this country and i am tired of seeing it destroyed. Why cant you protest without burning, rioting, destroying.

Old 07-05-2020, 04:33 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Don't get too excited yet.

Thinking the looting and criminal behavior is awful does not equal a vote for POTUS Trump. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It should as we see one Democrat controlled city turn to crap, one after the next. Detroit, Baltimore, S. Chicago. Now LA, SF, Portland, Seattle/Chop. Has nothing to do with Trump, as Trump is just the only alternative to the crazy direction the Democrat party is going.
Trump is president right now while the rioting and looting is going on. How would putting him into office fix things when it's not helping right now?

Old 07-05-2020, 06:12 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Lacking awareness of logical connections is one sign ...

You are correct that anti-Trumps lack awareness of "logical connections". Good to see you're coming around

Old 07-06-2020, 12:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
More like, many of us were more middle-of-the-road all along than you realized. It was much simpler for you to lump us all into the "loony liberals" category.
What ever it is, I see a glimmer of hope for individual Liberty

Old 07-07-2020, 07:16 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many hated Hillary and either didn't vote or changed their vote to Trump. I actually didn't vote for her because I live in a blue state so it didn't matter. Biden is well like by both parties. My vote will be for him.
If you live in a blue state, why will you vote for Biden now but would not vote for Hillary in 2016 in the general election? Is it because you were a Bernie supporter?

Hillary Clinton was very qualified and had the right experience to be President.

Some of the women on Biden's shortlist for VP are terribly unqualified to be President.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:41 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I swear, user names I use to have arguments with over political viewpoints, are now saying things I have been saying for over a decade.

It is as if Truth & Reasoning, with examples being put out there for all to see and witness, has red pilled many Democrats to realize they are more conservative than they thought.
A hardcore leftist friend of mine, actually agrees with me, on some things. It is a welcome change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Well, when the left loses someone like Leo Terrell it's very telling.

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/l...ical-civil-war
Great point, Leo has really figured out BLM. He is an old-timey liberal, really likes to debate, and he sees BLM preaching anti-free speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's doesn't seem to be the criminal behavior that has people questioning the left. It's that elected politicians and the police allowed it to happen and, in some cases, encouraged it.
Another really good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What ever it is, I see a glimmer of hope for individual Liberty
I hope so, I grieve for those precious Children and their heart broken parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies