Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 07:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,800,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
What is scary to me is how mainstream media has been able to brainwash people like you into thinking that protestors hit by cars are victims of white supremacists. Your mind automatically assumes "white supremacists" are responsible. God helps us if this is how the left operates.
I started the thread. Where did I say the driver was a white supremacist?

Old 07-05-2020, 07:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,540,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Imagine how privileged you have to be to think that you have the right to arbitrarily decide a freeway is closed in order to play around on the freeway.

As to the unfortunate moron who got run over, she got what she deserved for trying to block a freeway in the middle of the night. Hopefully they let the guy go, he did nothing wrong. In a perfect world things like this would happen every single time our privileged friends on the left pull this kind of BS. At some point even they won't be dumb enough to continue doing it.

Suicide by ideology.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:46 AM

14,478 posts, read 11,269,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Illegally? How do you figure, when the mayor orders it closed, and LE closes it?

I grasp that you yourself wish the road wasn't closed, but I don't think you can call it ILLEGAL?
A mayor cannot close an interstate highway.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:46 AM

34,220 posts, read 18,550,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Sad, but playing stupid games get stupid prizes. She was playing on a highway at night. No sympathy forher, just for her parents..
ANd here is diddonuffin, the perp.
Lots of media attention on him, NOT.. Wonder why
I doubt the Progressives will get the irony. Plus they defend a Far Left Media that shows its hypocrisy and far left bias daily.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:47 AM

35,564 posts, read 17,911,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
What is your source for this information?
This is kind of a long article, but all the information you're asking for is in here.

https://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.c...d-15385875.php

Old 07-05-2020, 07:47 AM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Chalk up another one for the right wing domestic terrorists of America. Make no mistake, driving through crowds is the latest for angry fundamentalist Muslims in England and angry right wingers in America. Boy I wish I could put the two groups in a sack, shake it good and let them scratch each others eyes out.
Hope you're setting out the dinner ware to eat those words in regards to this incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Irony is that she WAS important in a way I can deeply respect -- she was a veterinary technician, I'm told. A person who probably gave aid and comfort to scores of sick, injured and scared animals. I call that important, and I wonder why she felt the need to further define her life by aligning with the biggest BS "cause" to come down the pike in all the decades I've been alive.

This all happened over the lie of systemic racism.

If this had happened to my niece, a nurse, I would feel the same way. This phony cause and those who use it to indoctrinate young minds is what snuffed out all the good and all the potential in Ms. Taylor.

RIP Summer.
I agree that she was already on her way to being someone in the community. A vet tech is nowhere near an actual vet, but it illustrates something in that person that shows they have compassion and empathy, at least for animals. But, considering how many in this world don't give a toss about animals, I chalk that up to a pretty big signal of how compassionate and empathetic at person is.

I do not agree that she "should" have been mowed down, but a post earlier stated that they read the guy was running from the cops. So...did he "purposefully" mow anyone down, as so many on here are saying so that they can carry on for pages about how these poor little protesters are innocent in everything.

They aren't. They were illegally on the freeway. The freeway being shut down doesn't make it legal to protest on the damn freeway - your rights END where mine begin.

Three people have died due to allowing this anarchy, but remember, according to some posters on here, those were small areas, not spread out across the city. Ok, that small in that low amount of time, and already 3 people are dead.

Imagine if Seattle was allowed to go full on with any of this, like these protesters want. It would be far more than 3 people in small areas in a short amount of time - it would be hundreds.

Be careful what you wish for, people. And be careful what you condone - sitting back and allowing it doesn't make you any better of a person.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:48 AM

8,330 posts, read 2,956,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Chalk up another one for the right wing domestic terrorists of America. Make no mistake, driving through crowds is the latest for angry fundamentalist Muslims in England and angry right wingers in America. Boy I wish I could put the two groups in a sack, shake it good and let them scratch each others eyes out.
You edited your racist comment. It’s still bigoted and incorrect. Keep working on it.

Make no mistake. Blocking traffic is the latest for angry alt left lunatics in the U.S.

And they act surprised when they get run over. My heart breaks. And you support these losers. Cheers, mate.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:49 AM

35,564 posts, read 17,911,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
In Texas, they can. A major can order the closure of any public facility due to safety concerns. Do you have a link for WA saying they can't?

Old 07-05-2020, 07:49 AM

30,608 posts, read 18,175,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
States control and operate interstate highways within their borders; just because they receive federal funding doesn’t mean that the feds control it. This blunder is on the mayor (who could arrest all of these people and have the highway reopened) and the governor.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:51 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,582,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Sad, but playing stupid games get stupid prizes. She was playing on a highway at night. No sympathy forher, just for her parents..
ANd here is diddonuffin, the perp.
Lots of media attention on him, NOT.. Wonder why
We all know why. I guarantee if it was a white driver, his picture would be all over the major news media.

Trump is right about the media. They are the enemy of the people with their race baits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.