Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 12:39 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

That is gonna leave a mark.. on the car and the bodies but sadly it is very doubtful that it will leave a mark on those idiots that will be back blocking the streets.

What are we supposed to learn from them blocking the streets? In the videos I have seen all they do is jump around and yell but if you try and get through they will smash your windows, try to drag you out of your car, beat you to a pulp for disrespecting them and the memory of Floyd?? This is still about Floyd isn't it??

Do not stop people. Keep driving and don't become a victim of the mob.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:41 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It says the WSP had closed the road.

That changes everything. I thought it was closed by the protesters.

The driver went through a closed road to get to the crowd.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/us/se...uck/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-women-h...-amid-protests
Did the police close the road, or did the 'protesters?' It isn't clear but the CNN article says this:

"Mead said a car drove around a series of "support vehicles" that protesters were using to block I-5 and protect themselves, and onto the shoulder of the freeway where protesters were standing."

It looks like the protesters took it upon themselves and closed the road. I didn't know that was allowed. I also read somewhere that the highway has had closures for 19 days. Not clear who is closing the highways or why on earth that would be acceptable. Do regular citizens who need to actually drive on roads even matter anymore?

This most recent catastrophe is on the government of Seattle. They should never have let mobs take over the city.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:41 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
When they called 911 would have been fitting for the police to say "sorry" we were defunded so everybody is gone job hunting. please call a social worker for help.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The entire highway has been blocked off every night and the dude drove up the ramp the wrong way to get on. At some point reasonable people have to prevail and condemn such lunacy as well as the protesters who destroy everything. Seattle needs to take this crap down.
Amen. This highway had been closed by state troopers. This isn't different from a driver driving through barricades and killing people at a street festival.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:42 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Did the police close the road, or did the 'protesters?' It isn't clear but the CNN article says this:

"Mead said a car drove around a series of "support vehicles" that protesters were using to block I-5 and protect themselves, and onto the shoulder of the freeway where protesters were standing."

It looks like they took it upon themselves and closed the road. I didn't know that was allowed.
Only authorities can legally block roads.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:43 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What is wrong with you people? Seriously. Someone is protesting where they shouldn't be and you cheer them getting run over by a psychopath? Every single person celebrating this is a trash human of the lowest order.

How was the driver a "psychopath"?

He was driving a car.

On a highway.

Exactly where he's supposed to be.

They were a bunch of morons, standing in the middle of a highway.

Exactly where they WEREN'T supposed to be.

At 1:30 in the morning........

And they're surprised that they got run over?

This is Darwin at work.

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
These Democratic run states / cities are enabling this and should all be charged with some crime.
The problem is multi-layered.

The protesters have no right to take over roads like this. 19 days in a row is an embarrassment.

However, once the city/county closes the road down (it could be from protests, ice, an oil tanker has overturned, etc) people must follow the rules of the closure.

The residents of Seattle should demand their tax dollars back. They are paying for a road that they can't use...for the 19th freaking day in a row...due to criminal behavior of other individuals.

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
When they called 911 would have been fitting for the police to say "sorry" we were defunded so everybody is gone job hunting. please call a social worker for help.
Followed by "We will send our thoughts and prayers".

Old 07-04-2020, 12:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

It looks like the protesters took it upon themselves and closed the road. I didn't know that was allowed.
I'm pretty sure the cops closed it. You're correct though - the reporting in both articles isn't clear enough IMO. But from the Fox report...

Quote:
Authorities have closed I-5 several times amidst the unrest and clashes with police have ramped up after the city cleared the self-declared Capitol Hill Occupied Protest zone on Wednesday following several violent incidents.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Who didn't expect this? Roads are for cars. Sidewalks are for people. Protests btw, legally are not supposed to be on roads, assuming they did not get the permits, submit bonds for potential damages, etc, to overtake roads.

This is a natural result to expect whenever protestors block roads. Given the thousands they blocked last month, some will get run over.

I am actually surprised there have been so few traffic incidents.
The idiot pols are allowing this. You can't just drive at a speed that is reckless when there are people present. Had he veered to the left as they were running toward the side, he would have missed them completely. He didn't want to miss them, apparently.

This isn't like a mob surrounding the car where someone feels threatened. They shouldn't be allowed to block the highway in the first place, but since it's being allowed, he shouldn't have been there and once he found himself there, he should have slowed down considerably and avoided hitting them.

It looked like he was aiming a weapon at them. I doubt he'll walk away without paying the price for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies