Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 05:53 PM

35,565 posts, read 17,911,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And I'm not going through all these pages to find the video posted because you're too lazy too. We've all viewed it and have committed on it.
So, no, you don't know where it is. It's not on YouTube from what I can tell. And I did watch SEVERAL videos posted in this thread and I'm not going to keep watching that horror thinking that maybe . . .maybe this one may be the one xray is referring to.

If you don't have a link, I guess you don't have a link. I do see that he seems to slow greatly, and then the video ends. In all of them. The exact same spot.

NOTE: I've put pretty significant effort into finding this, including googling Dawit Kelete long video, protesters bang on Dawit Kelete's car (which yielded nothing at all, not even people stating it). Ah well. I tried.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Show us a photo please of how one vehicle can stop someone bent on escaping when he has four lanes and two shoulders of clear egress.

Edit: I just checked google maps and at the place where southbound I-5 goes out of sight under the Convention Center and Freeway Park, it's five lanes and two shoulders. "placed his own car in the way of Kelete's car"?
I don't have any idea. It was Trooper Chase Van Cleave who said the protester "was able to stop him by pulling his car in front of the jaguar".

I guess you could call the trooper a liar, if you want.

https://www.thecanary.co/global/worl...s-in-hospital/

Old 07-06-2020, 06:03 PM

8,954 posts, read 2,551,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't have any idea. It was Trooper Chase Van Cleave who said the protester "was able to stop him by pulling his car in front of the jaguar".

I guess you could call the trooper a liar, if you want.

https://www.thecanary.co/global/worl...s-in-hospital/
Well I'm sure the man was understandably shaken up after having a lynch mob after him as a result of him blowing through a gang of highwaymen attempting to do who knows what to him.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They're not just laughing. They are hoping it sends a message to other protestors. I've seen lots of people on this board refer to humans as speed bumps. Even Heather Heyer, who was killed by a white nationalist. The driver who killed her had several fans on this board.
Yet I have a feeling that had it been a white male Trump supporter hit on the interstate, this thread would guffaws galore!!

Old 07-06-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Well I'm sure the man was understandably shaken up after having a lynch mob after him as a result of him blowing through a gang of highwaymen attempting to do who knows what to him.
Did you see any video indicating a "gang of highwaymen" were after him? Besides the one protester chasing him down in his vehicle?

Because I'd be interested (sincerely) in seeing the video xray believes he saw, and maybe did.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Did you see any video indicating a "gang of highwaymen" were after him? Besides the one protester chasing him down in his vehicle?

Because I'd be interested (sincerely) in seeing the video xray believes he saw, and maybe did.
Absolutely, why else would people be blocking the freeway in the middle of the night? That's far too dangerous a situation for someone to stop.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, why else would people be blocking the freeway in the middle of the night? That's far too dangerous a situation for someone to stop.
My question was, "did you see any video"?

Not, "would it be reasonable for Kelete to believe if he stopped there, after hitting the women, to believe he was in danger"?

Did you see it?

Old 07-06-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
My question was, "did you see any video"?

Not, "would it be reasonable for Kelete to believe if he stopped there, after hitting the women, to believe he was in danger"?

Did you see it?
Yes, I saw a longer version of the video, but I wasn't just suggesting that he was in danger after he hit the non binary individual, he would have been in danger no matter what he did. A mob of highwaymen out in the middle of the night is inherently a danger. It's why he was justified in plowing through the morons.....though possibly the law will disagree.

I certainly wouldn't have stopped for the mob, though I would have likely slowed down more so than he did before plowing through to give the simpletons a better chance to get out of the way and to make it less likely they died if they were too dumb to move.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, I saw a longer version of the video, but I wasn't just suggesting that he was in danger after he hit the non binary individual, he would have been in danger no matter what he did. A mob of highwaymen out in the middle of the night is inherently a danger. It's why he was justified in plowing through the morons.....though possibly the law will disagree.

I certainly wouldn't have stopped for the mob, though I would have likely slowed down more so than he did before plowing through to give the simpletons a better chance to get out of the way and to make it less likely they died if they were too dumb to move.
Those women doing the cupid shuffle moments before they scattered to avoid being hit by his speeding car, that had entered the closed highway illegally? That mob of highwaymen?

Old 07-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Those women doing the cupid shuffle moments before they scattered to avoid being hit by his speeding car, that had entered the closed highway illegally? That mob of highwaymen?
The individual that was hit and killed was non-binary, calling it a woman is bigotry.

Also, yes, the freak show that blocked the highway in the middle of the night count as highwaymen....why else would they be out there? Certainly there's no other rational reason for them to be there doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.