Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 07:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
How do YOU function with obvious double standards? Given the nature of the hateful left-based on what I've read online,and seen in person it;s a fair question-one I've ASKED several people here, and I'll ask you the same. Would your outrage be the same if it was a white male Trumper hit by a non white?
Too many of you slacktivists preach "end hate" and "end racism" yet say **** like "F*ck white people" Here's another question- do you do any REAL social activism? or just make virtue signalling posts on social Media? How many civic leaders have you reached out to? How many lectures or classes attended?
How many ghettos or prisons have you gone into to minister to marginalized non whites?
How many lawmakers have you contacted personally to try to improve laws and public policy?
Have you visited the ABHM? Do you even know who James Cameron was? How many nationwide black community leaders have you had dialogues with? Do those before preaching to others.
Yes. Yes. My outrage would be the SAME if it were a male "Trumper" hit by anyone who drove past barriers and plowed through them. I've got a cousin (who actually, I've had to snooze on facebook, enough is enough MAGA) and my husband's whole family voted for Trump, and I'd be absolutely outraged if this happened to them.

Despite your own ability to only care about people who share your political views, and you don't see value in other human beings.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:53 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Well then fair enough, mate. If you say so and no its' not a ridiculous question. I've read and seen lot of double standards in the hate dept online, and in person to warrant asking that question.
Ok, I get that. I get that people are passionate about their beliefs, and their political stance, and there’s a certain disdain for the other side, often quite vehement, that we are all capable of exhibiting. But when it crosses over into callous disregard for people’s lives, and I excuse no one from this criticism (I must admit I wasn’t particularly saddened when Neo Nazis were targeted and were on the losing end of a fight - and I was wrong about that and I’ve changed my outlook, violence is sickening regardless of who’s on the receiving end) I worry just wtf is going to happen to us as a society.

And I will except the drongo in Queensland who tried to rob a servo and found himself facing the full brunt of a double plugger to the head from a bloke who’d just left the pub and was after a late night pie. That guy deserved what he got. Only you will understand what I just said.

Old 07-06-2020, 09:20 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's bizarre, and distressing, to me to see people who really think this.

On this POC forum, I've been told (with an apparent straight face) that people I know who are not aligned with me politically secretly wish me dead.

I've seen today that there are people who think it's absolutely fine to laugh when someone posts funny memes on an injured woman's social media, and threatens her with death. Because you know, that's how she'll learn she shouldn't step into the street when it's barricaded off for a protest.

And now this. You're telling another poster who's obviously distressed at seeing that horrific video that he wouldn't mind watching it if the corpses tossed high in the air by the speeding car didn't align with them politically?

How do people actually function, with that level of apathy toward fellow humans?
How do you go through life on here with such narrow awareness.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:05 AM

380 posts, read 125,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You mean in my neighborhood? Because I've lived here forever.

And I've seen people get in car wrecks, people looking for lost dogs, people falling and busting a jaw due to an uneven sidewalk crack, etc.

Maybe I don't understand your question?
Answer the first question.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:04 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Does anyone know where this one happened? Same kind of reaction. Somebody is being attacked in their car so they get the hell out of Dodge, and who cares about the zombies standing in their way of fleeing for their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdYXAXBUrc
Bet that left a mark, LOL.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:11 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
The driver wasn't "whitey."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv19M8zB3s

Old 07-07-2020, 06:31 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
From that video - he's a lot shorter and thinner than I thought he looked in his instagram photos.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:04 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
From that video - he's a lot shorter and thinner than I thought he looked in his instagram photos.
I was surprised, too, when I saw this photo. Maybe the attorney is very tall, I don't know?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...et/5389517002/

Old 07-07-2020, 10:51 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
see something good came out of it after all...

...the cops are not going to let them block the road again

quite true.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:15 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
"Go play on the freeway" was an old joke you'd tell a brat kid you didn't want to be around. Only a fool would walk on a freeway and block traffic as a protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies