Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 09:34 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-19-n1232739

This is great news, We have home schooled ours before and depending on the restrictions for them returning to school in August we might again, I prefer it since public schools have become nothing more than left wing indoctrination centers as Trump said where they teach children to hate America and our founding fathers. My wife and I are quite involved in our children's schooling and the work they are assigned so they have managed to avoid any really bad propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 09:43 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post

This is great news, We have home schooled ours before and depending on the restrictions for them returning to school in August we might again, I prefer it since public schools have become nothing more than left wing indoctrination centers as Trump said where they teach children to hate America and our founding fathers. My wife and I are quite involved in our children's schooling and the work they are assigned so they have managed to avoid any really bad propaganda.
Congratulations. Good decision, imo. That informs me you care more about your kids than the money your wife could be making by being gainfully employed.

If my kids were school aged I too would be home schooling. Not so much due to liberal indoctrination, but corporatists indoctrination to create their needed drones.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:46 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Congratulations. Good decision, imo. That informs me you care more about your kids than the money your wife could be making by being gainfully employed.

If my kids were school aged I too would be home schooling. Not so much due to liberal indoctrination, but corporatists indoctrination to create their needed drones.
Indeed. My mother home schooled me 1 year and that was enough, she says I would get done before my brother and sister and would drive them crazy LOL...My kids definitely learn more at home than they do at school. My kids are my life 100%. They are what drives me and my wife to do better.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:52 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
We are home schooling our kids too, but not because we are in favor of home schooling, but because the schools are gonna be a mess. Teachers quitting left and right, unusual schedules, masks, social distancing, etc. Just too much for a 7 year old if you ask me. We still allow him to socially interact with a few kids though because that is essential in our minds. My younger daughter is still preschool age, so no stress there.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
I think in 2020 the idea of home schooling has changed dramatically. We used to visualize home schooled kids as rural, deeply religious, and socially awkward from lack of exposure to other kids.

These days home school clubs, groups, online instruction, and even sports leagues for home school kids exist. It’s a different day and age, and many children will benefit greatly from a home school environment. Traditional school environments have grown crowded, biased, and even dangerous.

I say kudos to all parents taking on the challenge!

Old 07-05-2020, 09:58 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I wonder why all of a sudden more folks want to home school. It' almost like something has happened recently

Old 07-05-2020, 09:59 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
I’ve seen a major increase of people interested in homeschooling. Most of it as a result of concern over Covid schooling (masks, social,distancing, online, etc.).

Old 07-05-2020, 10:05 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’ve seen a major increase of people interested in homeschooling. Most of it as a result of concern over Covid schooling (masks, social,distancing, online, etc.).

There are multiple reasons people are homeschooling now. It used to just be heavily religious people who don't want their kids exposed to anything but their narrow belief system.

-Now you have a lot of anti-vaxers who are both left and right wing.

-You have people concerned about covd.

If you start seeing schools pushing a BLM curriculum, you will start to see even more people making this choice...and I think that is coming.

I will counter any lies that are fed in this curriculum..my older kids is smart enough to know this is BS, he's already told me he thinks this situation is a complete overreaction.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:08 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
St. Ronnie promised to end the Dept. of Ed. 40 years ago.

Another failed promise by the Republican/conservative hypocrites.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:12 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post

Good! In this day where we can now have court hearings, congress sessions and daytime talks shows via the internet, there is no reason now why our kids can't be schooled the same way. As a parent, you can also get a chance to see exactly how they are being schooled, what they are being taught, and most importantly, make sure your child is not being influenced by other bad kids. The drug addictions, alcoholism and teenage pregnancy all begins in schools where parents can't be there to chase off the bad kids from their own child. And if you are worried about social skills, this is when things like boys and girls clubs, sports teams and other hobbies can come in handy.

Seriously, school these days are no longer centers for learning. They are more or less, just a government run babysitting service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies