Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 02:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The US chose policies to build up China. If things were being done my way. China would still be stuck where it was in the 1960s, and little threat to hardly any country.
We have certainly dug our own grave when it comes to China. But understand, China wants to be more powerful than the United States. And certainly, China along with Russia would love nothing more than the dissolution of the United States. If we pull back from Korea, I don't even know if South Korea would survive.

China wants to spread its influence across Asia. And the Chinese behemoth can now use its economic muscle to bully all its neighbors. And it is basically too late at this point to really do anything about it.

I remember someone on this forum saying "China won the Cold War". Not quite yet, but it is starting to look that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 02:48 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
We have certainly dug our own grave when it comes to China. But understand, China wants to be more powerful than the United States. And certainly, China along with Russia would love nothing more than the dissolution of the United States. If we pull back from Korea, I don't even know if South Korea would survive.

China wants to spread its influence across Asia. And the Chinese behemoth can now use its economic muscle to bully all its neighbors. And it is basically too late at this point to really do anything about it.

I remember someone on this forum saying "China won the Cold War". Not quite yet, but it is starting to look that way.
Well, the liberal/progressive morons in this country are doing everything in their power to help China do exactly that.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:02 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
A lot of interesting reads in this thread. Some historical tidbits to tuck away for future reference. Of course the political al and social sparring over race issues that can be somewhat amusing whilst some can get your hackles up.

But what is truly being discussed, debated or examined that is relevant to the current state of race relations in the US? At the core of things I think it's safe to say things are in a Black vs White contention.

Truly, it seems that Asians and Hispanics are sitting this one out. Theres a smattering of American Indians involved but they're sitting their own horse.

Not openly allying themselves to the Black camp but expressing no more love for we White eyes than the Black camp is. And in the extensive amount of time I've spent around Indians in their historical perspective Blacks hold no higher place on the endearment scale with them than Whites generally.

Then theres all the simpering, patronizing, pandering Whites getting all goo goo over the plight of Black people. Witness Pelosi and Schumer wrapping those African drapes around their necks and taking a knee during the Anthem. People wrapping themselves in chains and kissing the feet of every Black person they see for the unpardonable crime of being born White.

The cold hard fact that Blacks in history are guilty of just as many crimes against humanity as any other race isnt relevant to this current Black "movement."

And slavery is not a human condition that is or has ever been unique to Blacks alone. Every race on Earth has been bought and sold by someone at some time.

Let's take a gander at slavery in world history. The Greeks, Persians, Roman's, Mongols just name a conquering nation, empire whatever that didn't take hordes of people as slaves. And those people sure as hell weren't all Black skinned.

Now, here's the interesting part. The 17th 18th and 19th century saw the big rise of Black enslavement by Europeans. Why all of a sudden did that happen? Because Africa, N Africa specifically, had LOTS of slaves to sell. Arab slavers and powerful tribal kings had lots of less powerful and far less advanced tribal people to harvest from.

But there really were no powerful and advanced African nations. No real unity. No new or even equal technology with which to make effective weapons, muster armies, nothing. These were barely better than stone age hunter gatherers and some limited agrarian types armed with spears against effective firearms and organized military forces.

Arabs and the more powerful and numerous Black tribal kingship supplied by the Arabs. Those tribal kingships were still not able to make their own modern weapons. Hell the Arabs turned on a few of them and made slaves of them to.

Cold hard fact is the Black people were technologically inferior to their enemies. And they were beaten in battle and enslaved. In numbers sufficient enough to support wide export as such.

And there is not a single person alive in the US today that was either a perpetrator or victim of that enterprise. I sure dont feel not a twinge of personal guilt over the way things were 150 years ago and back further elsewhen.

That would make no more sense than me holding a modern Italian responsible for my enslaved Briton ancestors. This whole historical guilt concept is something o cant wrap my head around. It doesnt bother my conscience any that things were done differently in the distant past. But hey folks...its more'n way over. And it cant be changed. And it sure as hell ain't that way now. Think for a second.. if Blacks had rioted and went on looting and burning sprees in 1865 NYC what would the outcome of that been? Answer...the Union Army would have **** and/or bayoneted every single Black person in NYC. And it wouldnt have stopped there. There sure wouldnt have been ant White people joining the rioting and the government sure wouldnt have cared a whit why they were rioting. Black lives wouldnt have been worth squat.

I'm not buying that 2020 America is a racist pit. Not for a second.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:02 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That's because it's not. You keep hearing "systemic" racism because according to their diseased university teachings systemic means white people themselves. Black people call themselves victims, the white people are perpetrators, and anything is permitted against perpetrators.

Except that according to this theory back people are systemic too, since as was proven here Black Americans owned Black Slaves, and Black Africans were primary enslavers of other Blacks who were sold to the Europeans

Old 07-14-2020, 07:20 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
One reason the whites slaughtered and waged war on American Indians is because they (Indians) were paid by the British during the Revolutionary period through War of 1812 to slaughter whites. The whites never forgot that, and nearly wiped them off the face of the earth. Not all Indians worked for the British, and many of those folks were spared slaughter. Point being there was a reason for some of the hatred. Sorry if mentioning Historical fact upsets anybody. It brought up to educate, not infuriate. And yes, some Indians were known to have purchased black slaves.
There is no point in trying to present any of this. These "Hate America" folks are brainwashed and think the Native American population lived in a sort of Utopia before Europeans entered the scene. They all got along from the Hudson Bay to the Strait of Magellan, held hands, and sang love songs. Then came Whitey and the Garden of Eden was no more. From that point, Native Americans were always the victims and committed no atrocities. Only Whitey committed atrocities. Only Whitey did bad things.

These "Hate America" folks also harbor the mistaken assumption that slavery was exclusive to North America--specifically the United States. No amount of proof will convince them otherwise. That's how complete their brainwashing is. They really don't care about the truth, only what some whacked out propagandist told them in the national indoctrination system.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:03 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is no point in trying to present any of this. These "Hate America" folks are brainwashed and think the Native American population lived in a sort of Utopia before Europeans entered the scene. They all got along from the Hudson Bay to the Strait of Magellan, held hands, and sang love songs. Then came Whitey and the Garden of Eden was no more. From that point, Native Americans were always the victims and committed no atrocities. Only Whitey committed atrocities. Only Whitey did bad things.

These "Hate America" folks also harbor the mistaken assumption that slavery was exclusive to North America--specifically the United States. No amount of proof will convince them otherwise. That's how complete their brainwashing is. They really don't care about the truth, only what some whacked out propagandist told them in the national indoctrination system.
Something I've never seen is a postulation on how N America would have developed had Whites not came here. How, today, would what is now the US look had it been left populated only by the tribes.

Oh, theres some groups within the American Indian community the advocate the "back to the land" mentality. It's their contention that the neolithic lifestyle would have and should be continued.

All would be spiritual harmony with nature. Interesting that the people in these groups still take advantage of reservation housing and government benefits.

At any rate no, all was not the claimed peaceful bliss of Eden before Whites came. The tribes warred, the conquered and enslaved rival tribes. They didnt discriminate though. They hated and enslaved on equal opportunity basis.

And yes, this projection by the left and these radical Black groups aiming the slavery institution solely at the US would be hilarious if so many people weren't buying off on it.

And with that in their hands these groups who are being led by the likes of Farrakhan and Sharpton and allied with the Democratic party are looking to seize power.

BLM, Sharpton and Farrakhan and their ilk envision a Black centric society that dominates and discriminates the way they say Whites do now.

The Democrats see pawns on the chessboard to sacrifice to obtain their goal of a White dominated Marxist style new government. They're so close to achieving that goal they can taste it.

Pelosi, Schumer and the Squad are almost giddy with the joy of it. Being able to espouse their radical views openly with up to now minimum backlash has them over the top with glee.

And pinning historical blame for Black slavery solely on the US and focusing only on the US from the later 19th to later 20th century, 60s to 6os, gets them there.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
A lot of interesting reads in this thread. Some historical tidbits to tuck away for future reference. Of course the political al and social sparring over race issues that can be somewhat amusing whilst some can get your hackles up.

But what is truly being discussed, debated or examined that is relevant to the current state of race relations in the US? At the core of things I think it's safe to say things are in a Black vs White contention.

Truly, it seems that Asians and Hispanics are sitting this one out. Theres a smattering of American Indians involved but they're sitting their own horse.

Not openly allying themselves to the Black camp but expressing no more love for we White eyes than the Black camp is. And in the extensive amount of time I've spent around Indians in their historical perspective Blacks hold no higher place on the endearment scale with them than Whites generally.

Then theres all the simpering, patronizing, pandering Whites getting all goo goo over the plight of Black people. Witness Pelosi and Schumer wrapping those African drapes around their necks and taking a knee during the Anthem. People wrapping themselves in chains and kissing the feet of every Black person they see for the unpardonable crime of being born White.

The cold hard fact that Blacks in history are guilty of just as many crimes against humanity as any other race isnt relevant to this current Black "movement."

And slavery is not a human condition that is or has ever been unique to Blacks alone. Every race on Earth has been bought and sold by someone at some time.

Let's take a gander at slavery in world history. The Greeks, Persians, Roman's, Mongols just name a conquering nation, empire whatever that didn't take hordes of people as slaves. And those people sure as hell weren't all Black skinned.

Now, here's the interesting part. The 17th 18th and 19th century saw the big rise of Black enslavement by Europeans. Why all of a sudden did that happen? Because Africa, N Africa specifically, had LOTS of slaves to sell. Arab slavers and powerful tribal kings had lots of less powerful and far less advanced tribal people to harvest from.

But there really were no powerful and advanced African nations. No real unity. No new or even equal technology with which to make effective weapons, muster armies, nothing. These were barely better than stone age hunter gatherers and some limited agrarian types armed with spears against effective firearms and organized military forces.

Arabs and the more powerful and numerous Black tribal kingship supplied by the Arabs. Those tribal kingships were still not able to make their own modern weapons. Hell the Arabs turned on a few of them and made slaves of them to.

Cold hard fact is the Black people were technologically inferior to their enemies. And they were beaten in battle and enslaved. In numbers sufficient enough to support wide export as such.

And there is not a single person alive in the US today that was either a perpetrator or victim of that enterprise. I sure dont feel not a twinge of personal guilt over the way things were 150 years ago and back further elsewhen.

That would make no more sense than me holding a modern Italian responsible for my enslaved Briton ancestors. This whole historical guilt concept is something o cant wrap my head around. It doesnt bother my conscience any that things were done differently in the distant past. But hey folks...its more'n way over. And it cant be changed. And it sure as hell ain't that way now. Think for a second.. if Blacks had rioted and went on looting and burning sprees in 1865 NYC what would the outcome of that been? Answer...the Union Army would have **** and/or bayoneted every single Black person in NYC. And it wouldnt have stopped there. There sure wouldnt have been ant White people joining the rioting and the government sure wouldnt have cared a whit why they were rioting. Black lives wouldnt have been worth squat.

I, personally, have been asked to discriminate against a black person by a senior manager in a Fortune 500 Company. I, personally, have seen how that company "tracked" black job applicants, by shading a particular symbol on the application.

It is just as real today as it was 75 years ago, and 75 more beyond that. It has become more sophisticated, and racists are far more careful to couch their bigotry in flowery language.

Cold hard fact is that blacks in this country are fed up with racist b.s., and whites like me understand their anger. And we don't care whether you have twinge of guilt over the past or not. Neither do I and my 3 times great grandfather owned a lot of slaves. But had one of his slaves beat him to death I wouldn't weep any tears, either. He would have deserved it.

You speak of "riots" but make no mention of the hundreds of protests that have been peaceful, nor of the intimidation of white people who wave guns at them, or of the executive branch of our government, not one of who will say black lives matter. It is an indication of the privilege to which all of you feel entitled, and the lack of decency and justice which has infected your politics.

Yes, America is STILL a racist pit, and what really terrifies racists is that in another 50-100 years white people will be in the minority and will be facing another South African uprising (although it may be a Latino uprising).

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-14-2020 at 05:14 PM..

Old 07-14-2020, 03:07 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Something I've never seen is a postulation on how N America would have developed had Whites not came here. How, today, would what is now the US look had it been left populated only by the tribes.

Oh, theres some groups within the American Indian community the advocate the "back to the land" mentality. It's their contention that the neolithic lifestyle would have and should be continued.

All would be spiritual harmony with nature. Interesting that the people in these groups still take advantage of reservation housing and government benefits.

At any rate no, all was not the claimed peaceful bliss of Eden before Whites came. The tribes warred, the conquered and enslaved rival tribes. They didnt discriminate though. They hated and enslaved on equal opportunity basis.

And yes, this projection by the left and these radical Black groups aiming the slavery institution solely at the US would be hilarious if so many people weren't buying off on it.

And with that in their hands these groups who are being led by the likes of Farrakhan and Sharpton and allied with the Democratic party are looking to seize power.

BLM, Sharpton and Farrakhan and their ilk envision a Black centric society that dominates and discriminates the way they say Whites do now.

The Democrats see pawns on the chessboard to sacrifice to obtain their goal of a White dominated Marxist style new government. They're so close to achieving that goal they can taste it.

Pelosi, Schumer and the Squad are almost giddy with the joy of it. Being able to espouse their radical views openly with up to now minimum backlash has them over the top with glee.

And pinning historical blame for Black slavery solely on the US and focusing only on the US from the later 19th to later 20th century, 60s to 6os, gets them there.
But it is your president who is buddy-buddy with Putin, not Democrats.

Old 07-14-2020, 03:08 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It is just as real today as it was 75 years ago, and 75 more beyond that. It has become more sophisticated, and racists are far more careful to couch their bigotry in flowery language.

Cold hard fact is that blacks in this country are fed up with racist b.s., and whites like me understand their anger.
No, it's not - not even close. America has never been less racist. And you are using the Black population to make yourself feel better, why don't you do something with your life first and then try to change the world instead of acting like an ignorant hypocrite

Old 07-14-2020, 03:08 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I, personally, have been asked to discriminate against a black person by a senior manager in a Fortune 500 Company. I, personally, have seen how that company "tracked" black job applicants, by shading a particular symbol on the application.

Cold hard fact is that blacks in this country are fed up with racist b.s., and whites like me understand their anger. And we don't care whether you have twinge of guilt over the past or not. Neither do I and my 3 times great grandfather owned a lot of slaves. But had one of his slaves beat him to death I wouldn't weep any tears, either. He would have deserved it.

You speak of "riots" but make no mention of the hundreds of protests that have been peaceful, nor of the intimidation of white people who wave guns at them, or of the executive branch of our government, not one of who will say black lives matter. It is an indication of the privilege to which all of you feel entitled, and the lack of decency and justice which has infected your politics.

Yes, America is STILL a racist pit, and what really terrifies racists is that in another 50-100 years white people will be in the minority and will be facing another South African uprising (although it may be a Latino uprising).
So, what actions did you take to hold this Fortune 500 company accountable? Did you sue them, require the racist be fired? What action did you take?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-14-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies