Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 09:05 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
In 1850 in South Carolina alone, there were 180 BLACK SLAVE MASTERS, who had slaves as forced servants:
https://historyengine.richmond.edu/episodes/view/6699

If that doesn't destroy the Critical Race theory myth of group identity I don't know what does. Not only did blacks in America own blacks, but Africans were the ones who mainly enslaved people from other tribes and sold them to the Europeans for "export"

The Native Americans themselves owned thousands of black slaves.

This "white privilige" Marxist nonsense does not hold water. All humans are capable of evil, it's not a white thing. We need to work as one country united against evil. This Critical Race Theory is pure evil
Blacks proving to be as money hungry as whites. Of course blacks and everyone else owned slaves. Whites have no other use for blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's relevant to current politics because of the BLM accusation that all whites are guilty and complicit racists in slavery because some white people owned slaves, which ignores the reality that blacks did the same
Whites and blacks are all guilty. Money and culture are guilty.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:08 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Well, assuming this is actually true, then I guess slavery is OK. Let's bring it back. I say we go to Trump country and kidnap people wearing MAGA hats and put them to work! Who's with me. Remember, slavery is not bad according to the OP. Blacks and Indians did it too. Go round up the MAGAts. Yee-haw.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:13 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, I'm not going to lower my "turnip" grade intellect any more to respond in kind with your opening salvo. Since insults never have been known to be a poignant factor in "debate" (quoted as I use the term loosely).

However I'm sure you're familiar with the old adage about wrestling a pig in the mud. You'll never win and you realize the pig enjoys it. Thus it is with you I believe.

Steeped as you are in your righteous "understanding" and sympathy for the plight of the oppressed. So be it. What does that make you ? A BIG damn hero. Ain't you just.

Well hell, you're not alone. Bunch of big damn heroes just like you out there. And theres a fair amount of fed up to go around right now.
Are you now saying Black Lives Matter?

I'm not a hero, but did serve in the Marine Corps in Vietnam. Once I discovered the discounts I get offered by a lot of stores by wearing my Vietnam hat, I started wearing it more. I'm not "proud" of my time over there--and I volunteered to go. My family is a military family, too. I got to see Marines treating Vietnamese as "slant-eyed, slope-headed, gooks" as many of my racist foxhole buddies liked to call them.

So I'm used to the mud, and know that being "nice" is for suckers. If they punch, punch back harder. Isn't that what your president likes to do? You aren't fond of people emulating his tactics, but don't want to condemn the national poster child of Make America Great Again of that behavior?

I'm crippled now or I would be in the streets with those "horrible" blacks.

But I shouldn't have said you have the intellect of a turnip.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Are you now saying Black Lives Matter?

I'm not a hero, but did serve in the Marine Corps in Vietnam. Once I discovered the discounts I get offered by a lot of stores by wearing my Vietnam hat, I started wearing it more. I'm not "proud" of my time over there--and I volunteered to go. My family is a military family, too. I got to see Marines treating Vietnamese as "slant-eyed, slope-headed, gooks" as many of my racist foxhole buddies liked to call them.

So I'm used to the mud, and know that being "nice" is for suckers. If they punch, punch back harder. Isn't that what your president likes to do? You aren't fond of people emulating his tactics, but don't want to condemn the national poster child of Make America Great Again of that behavior?

I'm crippled now or I would be in the streets with those "horrible" blacks.

But I shouldn't have said you have the intellect of a turnip.
Almost none of this is about Black people, this is far left ideology using Black people to push for the destruction of capitalism and the rise of their communist 'utopia'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies