Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 08:08 AM

14,858 posts, read 8,164,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being dem how would you know? By the way I AM a member of the repub party and disagree with you.
I'm not a democrat. Me and Pat Buchanan agree on nearly everything. Which is why I used him as an example. What I'm trying to do is wake conservatives up to reality. They don't see what is happening, they don't see what is coming, and they believe if they just get a Republican elected everything will be fine.

What I've been trying to explain to conservatives for years is that all government is secular, and every institution is anti-conservative. Education, media, business, entertainment, capitalism, everything.

Conservatives should be more worried about the country than anyone else, and they've lost more in the last 50 years than anyone, yet for some reason they blindly support all of the institutions that are destroying them. They are like lambs to the slaughter.

The reason they do nothing is because most of them are doing well economically. They have no interest in rocking the boat. So in a way, they've been bought off. Or as I said before, they have sold their souls to the devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 08:26 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,990,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Vet here. Of all the things I think are a 'slap in the face' to those of us who served, burning the flag isn't on my list. I'm more concerned with homelessness, PTSD, and other things that vets deal with.

I asked my dad his thoughts, since he's Vietnam and might have a different opinion from mine. His take is that he thinks it's stupid, but he doesn't think it's saying anything against his service either.
When I see or hear of someone burning the flag........ I also have a mental picture of my fathers casket being draped with that same symbol..........then folded and handed to my mother........Slap in the face"? Damn right it is......

Old 07-07-2020, 08:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,539,278 times
Instead of tweeting nonsense, Trump could choose to learn about US history.

The first reported flag burnings were performed by Southerners in protest of Abe Lincoln on the eve of the Civil War. Flags have been burnt ever since with a major uptick in the 60’s as a protest to the Civil War.

In 1989, SCOTUS upheld the right to burn the flag. This included Justice Scalia.

Attempts to amend this constitution to make it illegal have failed. This includes legislation co- sponsored by Hillary.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-american-flag

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...gal-180961229/

Old 07-07-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Burning the American flag in protest

Response: Flag burning as an act of protesting equals stiff fines............
Too bad SCOTUS disagreed. This included Anthony Scalia.

Too bad Congress has not been able to muster enough votes to amend the Constitution, including a bill co- sponsored by Hillary Clinton.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
The left controlled Supreme Court ruled that burning the flag is part of "Freedom of Speach".

IMO it is NOT. Speach is the saying or words. Burning a flag IS AN action.

Way to go dems!
Justice Scalia cast the deciding vote that upheld the right to burn the flag.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
The left controlled Supreme Court ruled that burning the flag is part of "Freedom of Speach".

IMO it is NOT. Speach is the saying or words. Burning a flag IS AN action.

Way to go dems!

Attempts by Congress to amend the Constitution to except flag desecration have failed. This includes legislation cosponsored by Hillary.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:09 AM

2,400 posts, read 750,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
To be honest, left-wingers are winning, and immigration isn't stopping. Trump is setting new records all the time. Left-wingers don't need to leave, they just have to keep the pressure on and be patient. It is the right-wingers who should start worrying. They are dying and being replaced. The future is not conservative, it isn't even American.
Quote:
I'm going to help make it a different country and then rub your face in it. It is already happening, this won't be the same country much longer. It is already almost unrecognizable from just 20 years ago. We are winning, you are losing. Let that sink in.
Quote:
Yes, but there is still an overall shift to the left. Both socially and economically. And certainly, people have become far less religious, and will become even less so in the future. And people have become far more accepting of almost every sexual act, and the government is basically forcing us to accept it(make wedding cakes, etc).

Moreover, the demographics of the country are changing, the majority of white people are older. All the young people are black and brown. The country is changing, and the rate of change is accelerating.

So again, we are winning, you are losing. And again, we are winning, you are losing.

Saying "If you don't like it, leave" is pointless, it'll be you wanting to leave soon. But where are you going to go?
Well, I’m making a lot of money off you so how are you winning? You’re probably paying student loans lol.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:17 AM

58,671 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
I'm not a democrat. Me and Pat Buchanan agree on nearly everything. Which is why I used him as an example. What I'm trying to do is wake conservatives up to reality. They don't see what is happening, they don't see what is coming, and they believe if they just get a Republican elected everything will be fine.

What I've been trying to explain to conservatives for years is that all government is secular, and every institution is anti-conservative. Education, media, business, entertainment, capitalism, everything.

Conservatives should be more worried about the country than anyone else, and they've lost more in the last 50 years than anyone, yet for some reason they blindly support all of the institutions that are destroying them. They are like lambs to the slaughter.

The reason they do nothing is because most of them are doing well economically. They have no interest in rocking the boat. So in a way, they've been bought off. Or as I said before, they have sold their souls to the devil.
" They don't see what is happening, they don't see what is coming," YOUR opinion ONLY.

I wish people would NOT claim to know what others think.

I AM a repub and did NOT give the authority nor permission to speak for ME! So STOP!

Old 07-07-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Instead of tweeting nonsense, Trump could choose to learn about US history.

The first reported flag burnings were performed by Southerners in protest of Abe Lincoln on the eve of the Civil War. Flags have been burnt ever since with a major uptick in the 60’s as a protest to the Civil War.

In 1989, SCOTUS upheld the right to burn the flag. This included Justice Scalia.

Attempts to amend this constitution to make it illegal have failed. This includes legislation co- sponsored by Hillary.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-american-flag

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...gal-180961229/
"In 1989, SCOTUS upheld the right to burn the flag."

As I have said before, burning of our flag is an ACTION. The 1st amendment states "freedom of SPEECH, NOT actions. I don't care who was on the bench at tat time. IMO it was bad a decision.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Attempts by Congress to amend the Constitution to except flag desecration have failed. This includes legislation cosponsored by Hillary.
You can post this a thousands times and it does NOT change my opinion that it was a BAD derision..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies