Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:08 PM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You know I'm right.
So go vote for Trump, but understand that even if he wins, the Democrats will 100% win in 2024, along with both houses of Congress. I would bet my life on it.

You're losing, but you're losing for a reason, the game is rigged. Do something about it.
More like 100% confident that Democrats will win in 2020? Looks like there is plenty enough evidence to suggest Trump and his supporters have more to worry about in 2020 than they did in 2016, for a variety of reasons...

Trump's Job Approval Rating Steady at Lower Level
https://news.gallup.com/poll/313454/...wer-level.aspx

Then we all know how much crowing Trump supporters have done about what the polls suggested before. Truth is, however, the polls may have been wrong about how the Electoral College would ultimately decide and/or the popular vote, but the polls were also correct about how close the popular vote would turn out. That's more the take-away I get from the polls generally speaking. After all there is always the confidence level to consider as well. Trump supporters seem to think polls are some sort of deep state tool that has nothing to do with statistics. The many reasons for Trump supporters to put head in sand never end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 05:05 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You know I'm right.
So go vote for Trump, but understand that even if he wins, the Democrats will 100% win in 2024, along with both houses of Congress. I would bet my life on it.

You're losing, but you're losing for a reason, the game is rigged. Do something about it.
"You know I'm right." No, you are wrong, AGAIN!

"I would bet my life on it." No one will stop you. Back it up with the action. Or are you all talk and no action like the many "celebrities" who vowed to move if W. Bush was reelected and are still here. Some have said the same thing and I GUARANTEE they DON'T move when Trump is reelected.

Typical dem, makes all kinds of promises and don't deliver.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Makes some sense, but if you felt the government was doing something in direct contradiction to why you chose to wear the uniform, and if you felt that as a Vet that burning the flag to protest that wrong would help correct that wrong, would you not burn the flag then? Why not?
" but if you felt" All we have heard for 3 1/2 is YEARS is if, maybe, etc.

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his arse", as they say. He doe NOT have wings and will never fly.

Only a fool lives on if's maybe's, etc.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
More like 100% confident that Democrats will win in 2020? Looks like there is plenty enough evidence to suggest Trump and his supporters have more to worry about in 2020 than they did in 2016, for a variety of reasons...

Trump's Job Approval Rating Steady at Lower Level
https://news.gallup.com/poll/313454/...wer-level.aspx

Then we all know how much crowing Trump supporters have done about what the polls suggested before. Truth is, however, the polls may have been wrong about how the Electoral College would ultimately decide and/or the popular vote, but the polls were also correct about how close the popular vote would turn out. That's more the take-away I get from the polls generally speaking. After all there is always the confidence level to consider as well. Trump supporters seem to think polls are some sort of deep state tool that has nothing to do with statistics. The many reasons for Trump supporters to put head in sand never end!
Gallup used to provide in their methodology how many dems and repubs they "polled" until people started to look into their methodology and found a BIG disparity of dems polled over repubs, which explains their "results", so they stopped providing it.

"Trump supporters seem to think" I haven't found a dem yet who can read minds. I've found a lot who THINK they know what others think though!

All one has to do is look at the polls at this point in time and compare them with the last election at this point in time. Most polls had hlillary winning by a landslide. Just sayin'.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:33 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is really ironic that the Rights we enjoy under our flag also give us the Right to burn it in protest.

I think anyone that burns it is misguided, ill informed, stupid and they have no empathy for the people that have bled and died through the centuries, fighting for our country. It is a real slap in their face and shows nothing but disrespect to their memory.

Our enemies walk on our flag, they spit on it, they burn it so we should ask ourselves when some fool burns our flag that means so much to so many are they acting out as an enemy of the country. I think they are and if caught in the act they should expect trouble.

I would like to see these fools go to a foreign country and try their stupid anti antics. If they pulled that flag burning in China they would be tossed in prison. If they were in Iran, North Korea they would no doubt be tucked away and shot.

I think it is really sad when someone burns the flag in protest but then again I have a respect for our History and Country.
The beauty of our form of Govt., by the people for the people.
The flag is beautiful and well designed.
It is not our Constitution.
When any Govt. is deemed to be a danger to the Constitution, by the people, burning a flag is no big deal.
The burning is used by both those who support the idea that the current Govt. is bad and those who support it will condemn the action.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but if you felt" All we have heard for 3 1/2 is YEARS is if, maybe, etc.

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his arse", as they say. He doe NOT have wings and will never fly.

Only a fool lives on if's maybe's, etc.
Boy you really know how to miss a point and/or the purpose of hypotheticals. They're like analogies, but you've never indicated much understanding about much along these lines, so moving right along...

Surely you don't need the facts, about protests, including the burning of the American flag, to discuss this topic. Do you?

Right. Only a fool would think so under the circumstances...

Old 07-09-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Gallup used to provide in their methodology how many dems and repubs they "polled" until people started to look into their methodology and found a BIG disparity of dems polled over repubs, which explains their "results", so they stopped providing it.

"Trump supporters seem to think" I haven't found a dem yet who can read minds. I've found a lot who THINK they know what others think though!

All one has to do is look at the polls at this point in time and compare them with the last election at this point in time. Most polls had hlillary winning by a landslide. Just sayin'.
If you don't understand the purpose of polls or the good ones vs the bad ones or what to make of all of them in general, then maybe you should focus on another topic.

I can't read minds, but I don't need to read minds when I can very easily read what Trump minds post in this forum and what Trump friends of mine make very clear about why they are Trump supporters.

Only an idiot would argue polls are infallible and no doubt we've all seen that simple truth again proven true as a result of Trump's victory in 2016, but is it intelligent to dismiss how often the polls get it more right than wrong? I really don't think so. That's something like the person who won't consider doctor's advice because some doctors are sometimes wrong. Daffy.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
When any Govt. is deemed to be a danger to the Constitution, by the people, burning a flag is no big deal.
The burning is used by both those who support the idea that the current Govt. is bad and those who support it will condemn the action.
What the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. wrote in his “ Letter From a Birmingham Jail” in 1963 still holds true:

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to ‘order’ than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: ‘I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action… ' ”

Old 07-10-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
" burning a flag is no big deal." To MANY of us it IS a BIG deal.

The flag is a symbol which represents our country and all it stands for good AND bad, which is why standard have been set on how to treat the flag. To burn the flag is like spitting in the face of our country.

Way TOO many today have very little respect for ANYTHING so I am not surprised they do NOT show RESPECT or our flag, aka our country. If they have so little respect for our country, they are free to move to any other country of their choice that they think is better.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Boy you really know how to miss a point and/or the purpose of hypotheticals. They're like analogies, but you've never indicated much understanding about much along these lines, so moving right along...

Surely you don't need the facts, about protests, including the burning of the American flag, to discuss this topic. Do you?

Right. Only a fool would think so under the circumstances...
Not my fault you have a reading comprehension problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies