Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 10:09 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

[quote=Finn_Jarber;58566973]Good question.

80% of American population lives in metro areas, and they systematically reject Republican leadership.

Those who reject Republicans are urbanites, not suburbanites. The 80% figure you quote is misleading because it was taken from a source that split all of American into just 2 classes....metro & rural.

Every other population discussion I've seen breaks it down into urban, suburban, and rural, and some add the exburbs. Spliting America into just 2 categories is unique.

Why the inner city continue to vote for Dems after 50+ years of urban decay is beyond my comprehension. I guess its effective brainwashing by the media. I feel so bad for the innocent people who are trapped in that environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 11:50 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
These are things totally in our control to fix.
How though!?

Gang bangers don't want to change. And normal people aren't the ones doing this. Has anyone ever gotten rid of gangs? In LA? The Latino gangs are still alive and well. Black gangs, Hispanic gangs doing a thriving business in drug sales in all major cities. No way that line of income can be thwarted. Drugs and gangs will always be with us. Too much money to be made.

Now maybe if drugs were legalized, sold in stores and heavily taxed, there would no longer be a market for gangs wherewith to make money. That'd likely reduce their numbers.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
It seems so simple to me:

When black people finally become fed up with these unacceptable crime rates and build up true leaders who solve the problems rather than line their own pockets, the rest of America will stand united by them on matters of racism and police brutality. As long as they are ok however with ignoring their own homegrown violence, many Americans are ok with not worrying about it, either.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Silly excuses. Protesters supporting Born Losers Matter could march through downtown Chicago.
So could you. Are you going to march, are you just going to whine about other people not doing something you won't do yourself?

Did you join this anti-violence march in Chicago? How about any of the other anti-violence marches they have had? I'm guessing you did not since you didn't even know they have had them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/chicag...iolence-march/

Quote:
They don’t care about any lives just like you don’t.
If you say so. You speak for BLM, not me.

Making dishonest claims about me is a dodge, and a very weak one at that.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
And how do you get a child whose father was nothing more than a sperm donor and whose mother is a drug addict and doesn't keep food in the house to take an interest in said education? Yes, i realize that all situations are not that dire, but enough of them are. What about the kids who are removed from their useless parents and put into foster homes with strangers? They're terrified, angry, and confused, let's sit them down and talk about civil responsibility and respect for human life.

The fact that everyone dances around is that plain and simply, all people do better in a two parent household with love, disccipline, and rules. Homes and families have never been perfect, but if you compare black families in the 1940s, say, to black families today, those families were mostly intact through marriage, fathers lived with their children, many of the people went to church, and the good old Judeo-Christian heritage that was still intact then and is so reviled today taught them a set of rules to live by besides their own. We don't kill other people because they are created by God in His image and therefore are intrinsically valuable.

I know that not all people lived by those rules, but enough still did that it prevented stuff like the carnage that has become a daily thing in our culture. But continue to dance around it, God isn't real, anyone who believes is obviously a right wing religious nut. This thought process is a big part of what is wrong and why it won't get better until it is reversed.
What's up with the "can't do" attitude? Seems so common these days, especially among Trump supporters.

If there is a will, there is a way - ancient proverb

Grab your Bible, trust the Lord, roll up your slaves and get to work. God will show you the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Now maybe if drugs were legalized, sold in stores and heavily taxed, there would no longer be a market for gangs wherewith to make money. That'd likely reduce their numbers.
You think drug addicts might be willing to pay the heavy tax, or buy tax-free from the black market?

You know the answer. Everyone does.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-06-2020 at 12:31 PM..

Old 07-07-2020, 06:09 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Ah Tim Pool, the milquetoast fence sitter that has been increasingly struggling to fend off being pushed to the right by the absolute lunatics that are on the fringe left that have become the mainstream voice of the left today.
There's more on the table, Styxhexenhammer666 vlogged about this incident as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmTRfUdua0

Last edited by Hrw-500; 07-07-2020 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: wrong clip, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies