Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 12:45 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
The police are likely inflating the number of crimes, to make themselves look good.
If that's the case by all means get booked on CNN, Fox, MSNBC.....The TRUTH needs to get out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 01:09 PM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I live in Boston and between the fireworks, the rising crime, the serious talk of defunding the police, and the governmental embrace of BLM and the riots that go along with it, I am considering moving out.

I hope my whacko liberal neighbors love the fatherless family of 10 welfare dependents that I sell to.
I'm not sure you can fully escape it. Non-liberal areas are getting hit with problems lately too. Law enforcement is lax everywhere it seems. Bail reform has been terrible for communities. The mask mandates are causing some types of people to come out of the woodwork and cause problems and unrest.

No one should be in relax mode right now regardless of where you live.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:41 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm not sure you can fully escape it. Non-liberal areas are getting hit with problems lately too. Law enforcement is lax everywhere it seems. Bail reform has been terrible for communities. The mask mandates are causing some types of people to come out of the woodwork and cause problems and unrest.

No one should be in relax mode right now regardless of where you live.
OK. I'll try.

...Still trying...

.....Nope. Didn't work. I'm still in relax mode.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:46 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The daily mail is a liberal news outlet and even they admit New York is headed toward chaos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ver-could.html
But hey, they are still mostly peaceful, don't you know.

Frederick Douglass statue torn down on anniversary of great speech

This photo provided by WROC-TV shows the remnants of a Frederick Douglass statue ripped from its base at a park in Rochester, New York Sunday. Photograph: Ben Densieski/AP

Old 07-06-2020, 05:30 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
De Blasio - is blaming this on covid - The increase in crime.

Is Murder - a Symptom of Covid now???
Houston had a massive increase post COVID and weeks of not months before George Floyd so I think he has an argument, especially because the billion dollar cut only happened like last week and the physical effects aren’t shown yet although the moral effects are likely already showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies