Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The President sure got his hands full. 120,000 deaths due to his pandemic response failure, 11% unemployment, left wing radicals burning, looting and taking over American cities, signing off on Russian’s paying bounties for the killing of US soldiers and now Bubba. How does he manage it all?
Over 130K deaths now...will probably be at least 250K by the election.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,447,245 times
I'm looking for Trump's demand that Tucker Carlson apologize for his questioning Senator Duckworth's patriotism...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
Oh look a squirrel. Let’s talk about that, not what a sad excuse for a leader I am.
Yep.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Sports have been a relief from politics until recently. The Wallace saga has taken away some of the enjoyment of just being able to watch a race without getting dragged into politics and false racism accusations.

I will be glad when this dies down and Wallace resumes what he was in Nascar, a below average meaningless driver who has never won a Cup race. I don't care if he is white, black purple or green. If he wants to be a driver, get better. Spend more time practicing and less time going on the View. If he wants to just be an advocate, get lost and let someone with more skill drive the car
Bubba Wallace races for a team of a lesser level. Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) is a one car team currently. They only field the 43 team. They use to be a multi-car team, fielding two until the season before Wallace took over. I think the team's last win was 2014 when Aric Almirola won a rain-shortened Firecracker 400. Wallace is a decent driver, but is racing for a team that has not had glory days since it was Evernhan racing. Is it possible Bubba is as good as Danica Patrick, sure. The issue is you can be a great driver but if your team isn't a great team, you won't win as often as you should, if at all.

Right now, there is not any practice or qualifying under NASCAR's Covid-19 protocols. This means Bubba has less track time this year. He ironically has more time this season to go on The View or Don Lemon's CNN show.

I don't understand why we want athletes to "shut up and drive", "shut up and dribble" or whatever. Typically it is done with liberals while a Drew Brees, Curt Schilling, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Scott Baio, Stacey Dash, etc. is put up on a pedestal for spouting off conservative talking points.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
Anytime someone jumps to an assumption that later turns out to be wrong, that person should own up to it. Just like Pelosi and De Blasio should own up to the fact that Covid was not just a simple cold like they claimed it would be, just like it was not safe to go to Chinatown when they said it was and begged people to come out to gather & socialize together and just like it was wrong to force nursing homes to accept Covid positive patients like Cuomo forced them to do. So yes, own up to your mistakes.
Trump STILL thinks it is 99% harmless and that someone with the sniffles is recorded as a positive test despite all the rising hospitalizations in several red states. He was only serious about Covid when it tanked the market. Now that it is propped up by 0% interest rates. Are you letting Trump get away with sticking his head in the sand or does he deserve it to?

Old 07-07-2020, 11:47 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,530,298 times
Looks like he missed another intel briefing. Just call him Mizaru.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is trying to turn the 2020 election into a race war. He must figure that gives him his best shot.
So pointing out the racist hoaxer must apologize is to start a race war, but fabricating a racist hoax is not?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So pointing out the racist hoaxer must apologize is to start a race war, but fabricating a racist hoax is not?
Bubba DIDN'T REPORT the noose. If he did I would be with you but the fact is he wasn't able to be at the garage as per NASCAR social distancing. It was a 43 crew member who reported the noose. This is why the entire 48 team wasn't shut down when Jimmie Johnson tested positive. Only one other team member Was told to quarentine.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Regardless of who reported the "noose," Bubba ran with it, giving interviews and conducting that shameful group car push. Note, Bubba Wallace to this date calls it a noose, so there's that, too.

He could have called for calm and to withhold judgement until an investigation was complete (of course, the investigation proved the thing was a sham and that the "noose" had been in the garage well before Wallace was assigned to it), but like I mentioned he ran with it and fanned the flames.
It was tied to look like a noose, that's unarguable. None of the other garages had their door pulls tied in a similar manner, that's unarguable. It's been there since at least last fall, so Bubba was certainly not any sort of target, that is also unarguable.

So, Bubba calling it a "noose" is correct. Unless you want to die on the "it's not a slip-knot, so it isn't really a noose" hill. If so, I don't think you'll find much company there.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:10 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,414,705 times
That all turned out to be a hoax. The noose was there before Bubba was even assigned his garage stall. There's about 130,000+ deaths he needs to apologize for. But he's moved past these. Its divide and conquer time.

Old 07-07-2020, 03:01 PM

7,924 posts, read 9,147,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Bubba Wallace races for a team of a lesser level. Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) is a one car team currently. They only field the 43 team. They use to be a multi-car team, fielding two until the season before Wallace took over. I think the team's last win was 2014 when Aric Almirola won a rain-shortened Firecracker 400. Wallace is a decent driver, but is racing for a team that has not had glory days since it was Evernhan racing. Is it possible Bubba is as good as Danica Patrick, sure. The issue is you can be a great driver but if your team isn't a great team, you won't win as often as you should, if at all.

Right now, there is not any practice or qualifying under NASCAR's Covid-19 protocols. This means Bubba has less track time this year. He ironically has more time this season to go on The View or Don Lemon's CNN show.

I don't understand why we want athletes to "shut up and drive", "shut up and dribble" or whatever. Typically it is done with liberals while a Drew Brees, Curt Schilling, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Scott Baio, Stacey Dash, etc. is put up on a pedestal for spouting off conservative talking points.
I want athletes, rock stars and whatever to shut up and do what they are paid to do because that is their skill set. I don't care what their opinion is on things they know nothing about. No different than not wanting to hear a mechanic's landscaper's or McDonald's worker view on politics or whatever.

Bubba should just drive. If he is too distracted to focus on driving then do a Kapernick and become a full time activist. Let someone who wants to focus on driving take his seat.

If I want politics I will pay for politics. I am paying for Nascar so Bubba should **** and focus on driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies