Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:15 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I think we'll see Millenials and Gen-Xers showing up this November. It's a group that leans left even in more moderate times. In our current hyper-politicized climate, I don't think it bodes well for Trump.
At the same time, many students are seeing the damage that these rioters, with encouragement from DEMs, leftist governors and mayors, have done to our country. That is really bad news for DEMs.
The fact that they will not be able to get away with voting numerous times each, busing in illegals, etc will tell the true results. I am not worried. Are you?

There are numerous young Conservative voters. Don't doubt that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 06:29 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Texas! who knew? Georgia! Again, who knew? Florida looks more and more solid on the blue side. Even in Kentucky the Democratic candidate for Senator has a rising chance against McConnell, although Trump will likely win the State's electoral votes.
Minorities breed at high rates, and illegal immigration has always assured this eventual result. It's not a mystery, and was always an eventuality.

Its a core reason why conservatives have been against illegal immigration:

they've correctly seen the strategy to increase the Leftist voter base, by violating the law, as a violation of the national social compact.

The increase in the Leftist voter base has always been predicted, and has always had Biblical implications. In fact, this story is told in many pre-Biblical myths.

Quote:
With out Trump's clear deficits, and actions the past four years, one doubts this would have been the case. Now? Bring on the election.
The only significant actions in the past four years have come from the massive, subversive, embedded Leftist attempt to overturn an election, tear this nation apart using every manner of lie, and protect its own candidates from corruption investigations.

That hasn't deterred Trump's base, however, because the known extent of the evil that the Left is capable of is why Trump was elected in the first place.

We remember the Left doing their celebratory dances in early 2016. We'll see how 2020 plays out.

Though, what is clear is that voting against today's Left will increasingly be a futile effort. Not because elections can't be won numerically, but because the left has shown that they are willing to do literally anything to de-legitimize or functionally overturn elections. That isn't a national environment of democracy that the People will have trust in for long. Short term gain for the Left: lack of Conservative voting turnout. Long term loss for the Left and the USA as a Nation: the perception of the USA as an obviously functional democracy. There will be no legitimate election celebrations when the USA is reduced to little more than the democracy-farce that Russia deals with now.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:46 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
That's totally different than everything else I have seen. I'm not going to dig into it to see all the details. Here's what everybody else was reporting (and note that Brookings is liberal): https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...2016-election/

"...Heading into the election, many believed Hillary Clinton would become the first Democratic nominee for president to win white voters with college and postgraduate degrees in over six decades. This prediction did not quite come true. Clinton lost white college graduates by four percentage points (45 percent–49 percent). Clinton even under-performed among white women with a college degree, winning only 51 percent of their vote. Overall, however, Clinton won voters with a college degree (52 percent) and Trump won voters without a college degree (52 percent). Nationally, 27.8 percent of Americans hold at least a BA degree...."
Exit polls have consistently overstated the percentage of college grads voting. In 2016, they indicated that half of all voters were college graduates. That’s one reason for the Pew study of validated voters.

Here’s what the exit polls showed:

White college grads (37% of all voters): Trump 48% Clinton 45%
White non-college (34% of all voters): Trump 66% Clinton 29%
Total non-white (29%): Clinton 74% Trump 21%

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls

Here’s the comparison using Pew’s validated voter study:

White college grads (30% of all voters): Clinton 55% Trump 38%
White non-college (44% of all voters): Trump 64% Clinton 28%
Total non-white (26%)

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...idated-voters/

The significant thing though using either methodology is the split between the voting patterns of college and non-college white voters. In the exit polls, white college grads were +18 more Democratic than white non-college. In the Pew validated study, they were 27% more Democratic. White non-college graduates, while still the largest bloc voters, is shrinking like clockwork because it is by far the oldest of America’s demographic blocs. White college grads are remaining steady or very slowly increasing.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-07-2020 at 07:07 AM..

Old 07-07-2020, 07:03 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
But they don't vote. They answer polls, they attend protests and they register to vote, but they don't vote.

https://theconversation.com/why-so-f...ns-vote-132649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Variable: You do realize, over 1/2 of those under 25 do not vote period: Do you really think they are going to get out and vote this time? They may register, mostly likely not, but if they do they will register independent and still not bother to go to the polls.
Young voter turnout has absolutely historically been low. As often has minority turnout. I think this election you cannot count on much we "know" based on the past.

Will there be enough young voters supporting Trump (and voting) to replace the voters he had last time (some of whom voted for him only as an anti-Hillary vote)?
I'm not so sure.

Trump won in 2016 because enough people hated Hillary. Trump is now in Hillary's position. It's quite possible Biden will win 2020 because enough people detest Trump.

It's a pretty sad time when you need to depend on people not voting in order for your candidate to win.

Last edited by maciesmom; 07-07-2020 at 07:22 AM..

Old 07-07-2020, 08:33 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
[quote=Patriotic Dissent;58572602]Oh it was a planned conspiracy, Kennedy was just the face of it but those behind it knew EXACTLY what would happen. Oh and I already planned where we are going well kind of. Its Eastern Europe but narrowed down to about 4 countries.

Oh I won't. I'll sit back and laugh as America,which won't be America by then collapses. We see what happens when the lowest common denominator runs a nation, it goes right into the toilet. Europe, well Eastern Europe will be flourishing and America will look like nations in Africa. Enjoy it![/QUOTE

Eastern Europe sucks...The Scandanavian Countries and Germany are the best countries in Europe.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:36 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Big city white liberals all moved South. Free country.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:39 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And the job loss had nothing to do with the fact that we are in a pandemic/sarcasm

Obama spent 8 years dividing us all. What do you expect? Trump to wave a magic wand and fix it all?

You also know that it's up to the individual states to deal with COVID. If Trump tried to tell them all what to do, you and your ilk would have been screaming about how he was being a dictator. You can't have it both ways.

Intelligent people are fed up with all the protesters/rioters/looters/vandals. They are also fed up with the governors and mayors who sat back and did nothing about it. They even told their police to stand down and allow the violence to continue.
The buck stops at the President...had he not treated COVID as a hoax we would't be the #1 hotspot globally by far...that's on him, therefore the economic collapse is on him...When the Spanish Flu pandemic hit 100 years ago, we didnt' lose 30+ million jobs. So no, I don't blame the Pandemic, I blame him and many do...Obama tried to unite us, Repubs woudl have none of it...Trump doesn't even try though, he continuelly speaks only to his base of deplorables trying to divide is further.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:40 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
[quote=ohioaninsc;58577641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Oh it was a planned conspiracy, Kennedy was just the face of it but those behind it knew EXACTLY what would happen. Oh and I already planned where we are going well kind of. Its Eastern Europe but narrowed down to about 4 countries.

Oh I won't. I'll sit back and laugh as America,which won't be America by then collapses. We see what happens when the lowest common denominator runs a nation, it goes right into the toilet. Europe, well Eastern Europe will be flourishing and America will look like nations in Africa. Enjoy it![/QUOTE

Eastern Europe sucks...The Scandanavian Countries and Germany are the best countries in Europe.
Now whites are going argue over whose the best Europeans?

I am right. Blacks don’t belong in the white world. We can take our chaos onto a lone island without whites seeing or needing to complain about us ever again.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:41 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
If Trump is buying ads in Ohio, it means he isn't buying ads in Michigan. For the time being, he's ceded Michigan. It is all about resources. There is only so much time and money. Trump isn't buying ads in California since he knows he won't win there. The same way Biden won't buy ads in Kentucky. Trump's recent ad buy including Arizona and Ohio and curiously didn't include Michigan.

If he is defending states where he won by 8+ points, that is a red flag. Money talks and bull**** walks. I know there's a lot of "Remember 2016" around here. But when we see Trump excluding states that were key to his surprise victory, he is narrowing his options. If we see Trump campaigning a lot in Arizona, it means he won't be campaigning as much in North Carolina or Wisconsin - both states he'll need to repeat his 2016 victory.

If we start seeing campaign events and ad buys in Georgia and Texas, he'll have big trouble.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:45 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,390 times
[quote=aileesic;58577706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

Now whites are going argue over whose the best Europeans?

I am right. Blacks don’t belong in the white world. We can take our chaos onto a lone island without whites seeing or needing to complain about us ever again.
Nah I ain't arguing over which Europeans are best, I am saying SOME countries in Europe are lost (France,England,Sweden,Germany) and some (Poland,Hungary,Austria) are welcoming and fighting the good fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies