Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:38 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
I’m only speculating.

I’ve read previously that he was diabetic and a smoker.
Your title made it seem like you had actual information but you’re just throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 06:40 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,542,662 times
Quote:
People his age who are supposedly healthy and have no underlying conditions don't get so adversely affected by this disease. I’m sure he had some pre-existing condition, whether it was known or not; and his wife is just not saying so to tell a certain narrative and scare us.
Completely agree. But as someone who has seen perfectly healthy loved ones go into the hospital and become their lab rats ending in death, I do not discount medical error after medical error that might have started the covid but ended with negligence - I have also seen loved ones done in by their wives making choices for them not based on the person's best chance but what is best for the wife.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:41 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
I’m only speculating.

I’ve read previously that he was diabetic and a smoker.
Read where? Cites please.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:50 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Completely agree. But as someone who has seen perfectly healthy loved ones go into the hospital and become their lab rats ending in death, I do not discount medical error after medical error that might have started the covid but ended with negligence - I have also seen loved ones done in by their wives making choices for them not based on the person's best chance but what is best for the wife.
Is that just a personal anecdote about evil wives you're relating or are you casting aspersions about Nick Cordero's wife into the mix of "theories"?

Old 07-07-2020, 06:55 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
IMO, this is another evidence free post intentionally attempting to spread disinformation, victim shame and cruelly attack a real grieving family, (by innuendo) who tragically are an illustration of the destruction and havoc this virus is capable of causing.

Why is this disgusting MO being employed to downplay the grave disease caused by this new, vexing and serious virus? Why are so many intent on deliberately and wrongly diminishing this pandemic which, legitimately, is a threat to we the citizens of America, our economy, our national security and our public health?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-07-2020 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-07-2020, 07:00 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
No one goes into the hospital these days without some kind of health issue.

Physicians do not do what a family member wants if it is not in the best interest of the patient.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:08 AM

41,947 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
People his age who are supposedly healthy and have no underlying conditions don't get so adversely affected by this disease. I’m sure he had some pre-existing condition, whether it was known or not; and his wife is just not saying so to tell a certain narrative and scare us.
How are you so sure? And why would his wife care about scaring you?

What are you smoking? Please share - the rest of us will want to avoid whatever it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I posted in another thread - That he had his leg amputated, plus had mini-strokes, etc.

The diabetes could go with the amputation.

Was it all from Covid - Who knows...
COVID-19 causes massive blood clotting in some people, which can lead to amputation, strokes, heart attacks, embolisms, etc. Educate yourself.

Plus, do you know for certain that he was diabetic?

Didn't think so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
The extent some of you will go to downplay this pandemic is astonishing as is your utter lack of compassion.
Add willful ignorance to that list. I've never seen so many people discount science, medicine, and research with their own heads up their behinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The problem I see is no one here who is so up in arms has been concerned about the thousands of people who die every year from the flu.
The annual flu season is not a pandemic. Flu is not as deadly, nor is it as communicable.

Quote:
I agree with others - we should have let it run it's course having those at risk patients confine to their homes - I was confined for weeks anyway - if someone at risk wants to take their chances with this thing - fine but we could have been done and over with this.
We could have been over and done with this had each level of government taken it seriously as well as had each level of government led by example. Instead, we have our idiot president saying the virus will be gone like a miracle, and idiot governors slow or reluctant to take measures to reduce transmission. We have idiot citizens who complain about "muh rights" because they believe the idiot president.

Quote:
But as someone who has seen perfectly healthy loved ones go into the hospital and become their lab rats ending in death, I do not discount medical error after medical error that might have started the covid but ended with negligence - I have also seen loved ones done in by their wives making choices for them not based on the person's best chance but what is best for the wife.
Now you're blaming medical staff and wives for deaths? Just Nick Cordero's wife, wives in general, all illnesses, or just COVID-19? Surely you have evidence to back such a (ridiculous) claim?

Old 07-07-2020, 07:08 AM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
This thread is worthless without some kind of a source.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
It is possible he had an underlying condition that he did not know about or it could be he was one of the few younger people who die from it. The death of a younger healthy person is not impossible. I think it is poor taste to suggest his wife is using this tragedy to advance an agenda or to scare us.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
I heard somewhere he was a smoker. Not sure if it true. When the Chinese Medical Doctor association article came out in early March (covered only by Scientific American online), they said people need to wear masks to help lessen spread and that the hardest hit would be old in nursing homes, those with certain pre-existing conditions, and smokers. Anybody know if he was a smoker, as that is not being reported as a pre-existing condition anywhere in the US?

I suspect smoking will some day be revealed as a common thread in many severe (or deadly) Covid hospitalizations. One of the first folks to get very sick in my area was described as a healthy long distance runner, and later it got around by word of mouth (never in the newspaper) that he was also a heavy smoker.
He was not a smoker. As the disease progressed his lungs resembled those of a 50 year smoker. Had he survived, he was going to need a double lung transplant.

There is much we don’t know about this virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies