Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 06:50 AM

2,400 posts, read 747,381 times

Advertisements

I will pray for her. She’s the real deal. The Democrats should be running her for President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 07:50 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,335,958 times
I think the arrogance somebody displayed in this thread is pretty astonishing. Understanding math now? huh? seriously?

Look, the common knowledge we got from CDC is that the incubation period of this illness is 14 days, but if you read news or medical journal from foreign resources, then the incubation period can be as long as 40 days (or even more)

I am not a medical expert of any kinds, but, This much I do know: Nevertheless, determining the incubation period for COVID-19 is no simple matter, due to the fact that there is no consistency in the quality of the available data. One reason for this is that generally experts can only discover the times when the patient was in contact with persons carrying the virus, and then assume that the incubation period runs from the earliest date of exposure to the appearance of clinical symptoms or medical diagnosis.

It's not calculating the due date of your baby, folks.

according to medrix,

the authors stated that 14-day quarantines may be insufficient to protect the public in 6.7% of cases; they therefore proposed that quarantine should be a minimum of 22 days. In [19] it was found that eight patients developed symptoms after more than 14 days from infection. In [20] the authors referred to a patient who incubated the virus for 19 days, a substantial period but one which falls into the reported range (0-24 days).

The estimations of the COVID-19 incubation period - medRxiv
www.medrxiv.org

Health experts are concerned after three people test positive for the infection even after completing 23 days of self-isolation and have tested negative two weeks ago

However, virology expert Jacob John says 50 per cent of people would show symptoms within six days while most others would exhibit symptoms by 14 days. It is in most rare cases, people start showing symptoms even after 14 days and this can go up to 40 days. “In people who tested positive after 20 or 30 days since self isolation, it is unknown whether they had come in contact with some infected persons. These are very rare cases,’’ says John.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...s-2135770.html

So what does blah blah really mean? This DOES NOT Mean this mayor got it from the protest, this DOES NOT mean this mayor did not get it from the protest. This means it is super easy for the virus to transmit from person to person, this means a "face mask" lol using poor material without social distancing may not be good enough to protect you from getting this virus, as long as you have human contact, there is a chance you get this virus.

By NO means, am I suggesting people should stop protesting, well it is your right, but at least know that this event increases your chance to get sick? At least they wear mask = giving people false sense of security = irresponsibility.

When there is community spreading everywhere, who really knew where did they get it from and when? But one thing is for sure, large gathering with no social distancing is for sure a coronavirus super spreading event. Outdoor is better than indoors, but it is still a HUGE risk. By NO means am I even suggesting we should all hide ourselves in our homes (well, air conditioner perhaps will be even worse), but gee, let's remember the basis: Social distancing, face mask, avoid large crowd, frequent hand washing.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-07-2020 at 08:03 AM..

Old 07-07-2020, 07:55 AM

76,867 posts, read 47,170,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the arrogance somebody displayed in this thread is pretty astonishing. Understanding math now? huh? seriously?

Look, the common knowledge we got from CDC is that the incubation period of this illness is 14 days
Not, 14 days, but 2-14 days meaning as short as 2 but could be up to 14.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:03 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,074,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Not to say that people didn't get the virus from protests, but to link them to her case at this point, seems ludicrous given the time that has passed.

I'm sure, in her capacity as mayor, she comes into contact with all sorts of people all the time, putting her at high-risk to contract the virus. Or she got it from her husband or other family member.
Is it possible that they did catch the virus at the protest, but did not get tested until recently, and then tested positive? I don't know, but it seems possible.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not, 14 days, but 2-14 days meaning as short as 2 but could be up to 14.
re-read my post. please. 14 days is for most cases. In rare cases, the incubation period can be longer.

Bottom line: nobody really knew where she got it from.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
re-read my post. please. 14 days is for most cases. In rare cases, the incubation period can be longer.
Not 14, but up to 14 days.

Quote:
Bottom line: nobody really knew where she got it from.
Tell that to the OP. She is a public figure who meets people for living, so its pointless to speculate where she got it, and even more pointless to claim she got it 33 days ago when the incubation period is 2-14 days.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Not 14, but up to 14 days.

Tell that to the OP. She is a public figure who meets people for living, so its pointless to speculate where she got it, and even more pointless to claim she got it 33 days ago when the incubation period is 2-14 days.
again, you did not read my post. The point is: in rare cases, the incubation period can be LONGER than 14 days.

This said, it is pretty darn frustrating that people think a poorly made face mask can somehow protect them. You still need to practice social distancing.

My uncle has been treating covid patients in the beginning (or mid) Feb, he said the situation in his hospital is not getting better, the protests, opening up without a plan ALL contribute to the health crisis. He has no solution. But wearing a face mask (many don't even wear it correctly) at a protest without social distancing = pretty much close to useless. You need to avoid large crowd.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
again, you did not read my post. The point is: in rare cases, the incubation period can be LONGER than 14 days.
Ok, and in some rare case the sun doesn't shine during the day because there is a solar eclipse.

Quote:
This said, it is pretty darn frustrating that people think a poorly made face mask can somehow protect them. You still need to practice social distancing.
The mask doesn't protect you, it protects others from you. if everyone wore one, then everyone would be safer.

Quote:
You need to avoid large crowd.
Yes. Few common sense measures would have helped big time, but people are receiving mixed messages from the government, and some others simply don't care.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:49 AM

1,766 posts, read 938,271 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are trying to sell the idea she got the virus from the protest, but if she was there on June 4th (as your article states), then it is impossible she caught the virus there, since the incubation period is 2-14 days.

No doubt some people caught the virus while protesting, but its not true in her case. Your article also says she was there trying to get people to go home.

"This is chaos, a protest has purpose. So if you love this city, this city that has had a legacy of black mayors, and black police chiefs, and people who care about this city where more than 50 percent of the business owners in Metro Atlanta are minority business owners -- If you care about this city then go home," - Bottoms.
Not true. She could have had it for weeks and was only discovered when she was recently tested.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:41 AM

8,788 posts, read 2,461,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Gee thanks. I have heart damage from it.

These science deniers are really something.
Really? You have heart damage from COVID-19? Interesting that I don't, nor do my elderly diabetic heart patient parents who also had it..... guess you just have especially terrible genes then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies