Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 06:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,328,597 times

Advertisements

The poor right wingers. Yet another bogey man. Delusion after delusion. There is virtually no Marxism. I doubt they would recognize it. And they are going to be so sad when the delusions lead to the devastating loss by Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 08:59 PM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This...those that feel blamed should do the above to see why others are frustrated and not be closed minded while having the ability to put themselves in others shoes...
Or there is simply self reliance where you are responsible for you. So many people blame everyone but themselves for every one of their bad decisions in life. No amount of sympathy/empathy will change a damn thing for them. Most just want some kind of free ride.

Gotta be tough to be a black cop just trying to do the right thing right now.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:09 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,699,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The poor right wingers. Yet another bogey man. Delusion after delusion. There is virtually no Marxism. I doubt they would recognize it. And they are going to be so sad when the delusions lead to the devastating loss by Trump.
What do you call the totalitarian de-platforming of everyone and anyone that is not 100% in line with the groupthink? Debate not permitted, zip it.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,328,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What do you call the totalitarian de-platforming of everyone and anyone that is not 100% in line with the groupthink? Debate not permitted, zip it.
The group think is an attempt to introduce Marxism where it has no place. Simply an attempt to find something to object to in an otherwise rational protest. BLM has a reasonable case that Blacks get killed in too off hand a way. I think it may be over stated but I do not claim it has not occured.

And debate is always allowed. Don't however decide that debating a point means you win it.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:44 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,080,177 times
Quote:
The group think is an attempt to introduce Marxism where it has no place. Simply an attempt to find something to object to in an otherwise rational protest. BLM has a reasonable case that Blacks get killed in too off hand a way. I think it may be over stated but I do not claim it has not occured.

And debate is always allowed. Don't however decide that debating a point means you win it.
Whites are killed more than blacks at the hands of police. For every 100k interactions, 4 whites are killed, 3 blacks are killed.

So, if brutality is the premise for their organization, it's a completely BS organization. And they should all be ashamed and tarred and feathered for lying to all of us about their charade. To hell with BLM and their dubious nonsense.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:25 PM

29,209 posts, read 22,333,951 times
I think the United States got hung up by 9/11 and then the Iraq war at the beginning of the 21st century and was stuck for 10 years, still in the 20th while much of the rest of the world moved on.

It caused a lot of old poison that wasn't purged when it should have been to be left to fester. And now, when we are finally living in the present, uneasily and still unused to a new century, those pent-up poisons erupted.

It had to happen, and it should have happened years ago.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:33 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,699,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think the United States got hung up by 9/11 and then the Iraq war at the beginning of the 21st century and was stuck for 10 years, still in the 20th while much of the rest of the world moved on.

It caused a lot of old poison that wasn't purged when it should have been to be left to fester. And now, when we are finally living in the present, uneasily and still unused to a new century, those pent-up poisons erupted.

Interesting take. I think this neo-Marxist ideology has been building, more like exponential cell division of a tumor, and the cancer was ready to burst and now has infected society. They've been diligently working at indoctrinating students, and getting a lot of this nonsense taught in lower schools at younger ages.

You say "it had to happen", this was predicted by Dr. Jordan Peterson in 2017:

"We're at a point now, where under the wrong circumstances, if the wrong person does the wrong thing, that the consequences will be very grave"

And now the killing of George Floyd happens in 2020, and the pent up far left mob is suddenly unleashed

Old 07-07-2020, 10:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,424,966 times
Quote:
Speaking of delusions, how about the one that believes that after months of looting, rioting, cities burning, motorists and pedestrians attacked, murders (including that of police), eliminationist rhetoric towards whites, destruction of historical monuments, calls to defund or abolish police departments, open disdain and hatred towards the United States, promises to "burn the country down," with Democrats either looking the other way or approving, that Biden has a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

You think no one noticed?

Old 07-07-2020, 11:01 PM

17,293 posts, read 12,214,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Speaking of delusions, how about the one that believes that after months of looting, rioting, cities burning, motorists and pedestrians attacked, murders (including that of police), eliminationist rhetoric towards whites, destruction of historical monuments, calls to defund or abolish police departments, open disdain and hatred towards the United States, promises to "burn the country down," with Democrats either looking the other way or approving, that Biden has a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

You think no one noticed?
Noticed that Trump stoked the flames and failed to calm and unite the country? You bet.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:45 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,232,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

That is an interesting thought but I think it goes back further than that.

I think that there are those who are now seniors in positions of wealth and power but back in the 1960s were the young rebels. They are living today but in their minds they are still fighting against the Vietnam War.

Time has moved on but they still think of their own country as the enemy and everything American is corrupt like Watergate and everybody who does not agree with them is a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies