Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 06:17 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Here’s the thing: OF COURSE the vast majority of black men are not violent criminals, but it is also true that black men do commit violent crime at a rate 6x greater than white men.

Thus, if I am walking alone in a neighborhood at night, and a black man is approaching me, it is likely that he will not harm me but also that he is more likely to do so than a white man. I feel bad for the vast majority of black men who would never even think of harming an innocent woman and thus are looked at askance, but statistics explain why, if I found myself alone at night, I would be more scared of the black man than the white man.

It is for that reason that Jesse Jackson said that when he is walking alone at night, being followed by some guy, he is relieved when he looks back to see that he’s white.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:28 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
No, you want to use that statistical measure to make it seem like a large % of black people are committing violent felonies/homicides, which is not the case, and why you won't answer the question honestly. It doesn't fit your narrative.
If it isn't the case, WHY is the Blacks killing other Blacks statistic so high, MUCH higher than that of any other racial/ethnic demographic group? Seems like you're in denial and won't take off your blinders. Meanwhile, many more Blacks will continue to die at the hands of other Blacks. How is that beneficial in any way?

Quote:
A small % of blacks are committing the violent felonies, just like a small % of whites are. It is nothing to smear all of either race with.
Nope. Not comparable. Blacks are committing FAR more violent crimes than Whites, given their percentage of the population. Facts matter.

Quote:
Blacks have a higher rate because violence and other crime correlates with poverty. A poor white area, rural or urban, has more crime and violence than a middle class black neighborhood.

If it were inherent to color or culture, this would not be the case.
Again, Blacks' violent crimes rates are disproportionately high even when adjusted for the poverty rates of each group. For example, Blacks' poverty rate is a little more than twice that of Whites, BUT Blacks' murder rate (as the perpetrators) is 6 times that of Whites. Take off your blinders.

Chart: Poverty Rates By Race/Ethnicity

More info:
https://www.povertyusa.org/facts

Old 07-10-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Golly gee, what is your theory? Certainly not their genetics or culture, you made that clear, so ?????????????

I don't have a theory, which is WHY I'm asking the question... WHY are Blacks so much MORE violent towards each other than is any other racial/ethnic demographic?

Old 07-10-2020, 06:35 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Somebody's typing fingers got away with them, tee hee. Informed Consent is DEFINITELY NOT attributing any racial or cultural inferiority status to blacks, he is truly bamboozled as to why some are more violent and searching, searching for an answer. Hoping one day CD will answer! If he types it over and over the span of years, maybe someday it will happen and it will magically stop being racism. I am not holding my breath, though, because it's racism. It's racism that put them in the ghettos. It's racism that leaves some with few opportunities other than dealing drugs to make any money for rent.

As an affluent white teen, I was in Deep Ellum every weekend dancing to this song. In an expensive club where most of the people were on drugs purchased from people in the black ghetto the club sat in the middle of, having no idea the social and racial ramifications of the words or my presence there.

'A street kid gets arrested, gonna do some time, he got out three years from now just to commit more crime. A bidness man gets caught, with 24 kilos, he's out on bail and out of jail and that's the way it goes.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCdrDhUjPo

Who supplies the affluent whites to go dancing in their neighborhood unencumbered by police? Going home to their safe suburbs after?

They are living in the world we created for them and benefit from.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Here’s the thing: OF COURSE the vast majority of black men are not violent criminals, but it is also true that black men do commit violent crime at a rate 6x greater than white men.

Thus, if I am walking alone in a neighborhood at night, and a black man is approaching me, it is likely that he will not harm me but also that he is more likely to do so than a white man. I feel bad for the vast majority of black men who would never even think of harming an innocent woman and thus are looked at askance, but statistics explain why, if I found myself alone at night, I would be more scared of the black man than the white man.

It is for that reason that Jesse Jackson said that when he is walking alone at night, being followed by some guy, he is relieved when he looks back to see that he’s white.
Yep. It may seem unfair to some, but it's just reality and like you said... Even Jesse Jackson understands and expressed his dismay regarding the facts:

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved." ― Jesse Jackson

Old 07-10-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Somebody's typing fingers got away with them, tee hee. Informed Consent is DEFINITELY NOT attributing any racial or cultural inferiority status to blacks, he is truly bamboozled as to why some are more violent and searching, searching for an answer. Hoping one day CD will answer! If he types it over and over the span of years, maybe someday it will happen and it will magically stop being racism. I am not holding my breath, though, because it's racism. It's racism that put them in the ghettos. It's racism that leaves some with few opportunities other than dealing drugs to make any money for rent.
So, your assertion is that racism causes Blacks to kill other Blacks at a highly disproportionate rate? Blacks are racist towards other Blacks? Again... How on earth did you get to that bizarrely twisted conclusion?

Old 07-10-2020, 06:58 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:

So you're admitting that you have an illogical fear of black people.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:58 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:

And the fact that even today, people still feel more comfortable framing this as a race stat, instead of a wealth versus poverty stat says everything that we need to know about the people that quote it.

Regardless of where you go in the world, if you compare populations based on poverty rates, you will always find a multiplier for crime with groups that are routinely poorer than groups that are routinely more well-off.

And using the 6X multiplier really is committing to his joke statistic, like it's applicable in real life. You are a 100x more likely to get struck by lightning than you are to win the lottery, but I guarantee you neither one is something you base any decisions around, because neither stat reflects the odds of something actually happening to you in your actual life.

Your odds of being robbed by anyone, regardless of race, is remote. Saying that you fear one remote outcome more than another remote outcome is just a lie.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, your assertion is that racism causes Blacks to kill other Blacks at a highly disproportionate rate? Blacks are racist towards other Blacks? Again... How on earth did you get to that bizarrely twisted conclusion?
In the drug trade, there are bosses and there are soldiers. I thought everyone understood that soldiers kill each other more than the higher ups? I guess you never got that memo. Weird.

A street kid gets arrested, gonna do some time, he got out three years from now just to commit more crime. A bidness man gets caught, with 24 kilos, he's out on bail and out of jail and that's the way it goes

Interesting song. He seems to be to be warning black youth against both the dangers of addiction and being a soldier in the white man's drug war.

All while sounding fun to people of all races actually high on coke or ecstasy at the moment they are listening. Coke and ecstasy being the expensive drugs all the white people were buying from the black people on the front lines, but safe themselves. And still doing it today. Crack being the 'free base' referred to in the song, which was the cheap version the blacks could afford. More addictive, and more devastating physically.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bCdrDhUjPo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies