Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

There is not significant scientific evidence to suggest the drug is the preventative or cure that Trump cited.

Trump's problem was claiming it to be some amazing cure all.

It hasn't done much for the numbers here in South Carolina -- and yeah they are prescribing it because they are trying anything and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 10:27 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
There's a simple solution to the debate over HCQ. Ask your doctor. If I have a clogged toilet, I'm not calling a lawyer or a brain surgeon. I'm calling a plumber. If I have a car problem that I can't fix, I'm going to be reaching out to a mechanic, not a dentist.

Can we let the people who actually know what the hell they're talking about decide the matter please?

Old 07-07-2020, 10:32 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Are doctors still taking this medication as a prophylactic? If so, I would figure it's good enough for me, if a doctor prescribes it. What medication is being prescribed or recommended should never become a matter of political debate though. This highlights the absurdity of the age we are living in, and much of that ridiculousness has been ushered in by the ludicrous left that lost their minds collectively when Trump was elected.

Heheh....you said "prophylactic" ....Heh heh heh

(I know I'm 12.....but preventative medicine just isn't the first thing that leaps to mind with that word)

Old 07-07-2020, 10:32 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
He’s not confusing anything. His post just went over your head. Part of the argument used by leftists was that hydroxychloroquine was inherently dangerous and unknown. But given that he had been used on people battling serious illness for years went against this narrative.

ANY DRUG CAN BE dangerous and unknown when it is used to treat ailment other what it is intended for.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Heheh....you said "prophylactic" ....Heh heh heh

(I know I'm 12.....but preventative medicine just isn't the first thing that leaps to mind with that word)

You're so funny!

Old 07-07-2020, 10:36 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're so all out WRONG it's just pitiful. As a liberal, I have nothing against Hydroxy as a treatment for covid or against Trump for bringing it up or even opposed to him using it, unlike Neil Cavuto on Fox News. Interesting, though, Trump doesn't bring it up anymore.............
Fail.
The highly respected Henry Ford Health System just reported, based on a large sampling, that HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE cut the death rate in certain sick patients very significantly. The Dems disparaged it for political reasons (me!). Disgraceful. Act now... (Donald Trump, July 6)
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28830218051584

Old 07-07-2020, 10:37 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is not significant scientific evidence to suggest the drug is the preventative or cure that Trump cited.

Trump's problem was claiming it to be some amazing cure all.

It hasn't done much for the numbers here in South Carolina -- and yeah they are prescribing it because they are trying anything and everything.

You have a link to a quote of him claiming it's "an amazing cure all"?

I don't remember him ever saying that.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:42 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
So when will the left wing media and politicians apologize to President Trump for dragging him through the mud after he said as much?
The dude is a snake oil salesman. Nobody owes him an apology.

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Reading and comprehending are just stoneages removed from each other...
To answer you WTF?

It is a response to the attacks from the left that have decided to label HydroQ as being dangerous.
The military has used it for years so there is your answer. If they want to use it for something else there is your answer
It is NOT the left who labeled it as potentially dangerous, it's the medical DOCTORS!!

Our own FDA withdrew it from the approved list of drugs to use for emergency.

The military HAS NOT used it for years to treat Covid19. They used it to treat malaria. This discussion is about Covid19, NOT malaria. NO ONE is disputing that hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating malaria. Doctors are SKEPTICAL and some called it dangerous to use it to treat Covid19. Why are you having a hard time understanding this?

Do you know the difference between Covid19 and Malaria????? Do you? Because you are writing as if ALL disease are the same and if the drug can treat one disease it can treat all of them. Are you one of those people who take cough medication to treat an ear infection??? Probably do, because that is exactly what your reasoning would lead to.

5,479 posts, read 2,119,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You have a link to a quote of him claiming it's "an amazing cure all"?

I don't remember him ever saying that.
That's because he didn't.

He said some Doctors said it showed promise so lets check it out...maybe it helps and maybe it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies