Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 10:54 AM

8,120 posts, read 3,668,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Typical move by Repubs that care nothing about people...

I wonder how many parents will hold their kids out of schools themselves.
Yeah, our school district (in TX) had a survey, back in late May, before the ... hit the fan and almost 60% indicated that they would not send kids back for in person... The daily new cases back then were like 1/8 or so of the current ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 11:01 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,393 times
Covid-19 is here to stay. There is no way we're putting that genie back in the bottle.

Instead of being scared, you need to embrace the inevitable. You will catch it in 1-2 years if you haven't already. Most likely you will be fine, but if you die, it was your time to go just like dying from any myriad of causes.

I'm tried of altering my life for this virus.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:24 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Covid-19 is here to stay. There is no way we're putting that genie back in the bottle.

Instead of being scared, you need to embrace the inevitable. You will catch it in 1-2 years if you haven't already. Most likely you will be fine, but if you die, it was your time to go just like dying from any myriad of causes.

Death panels, death panels!!!

Old 07-07-2020, 11:48 AM

8,120 posts, read 3,668,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post

Those are not the only possible outcomes.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:30 PM

653 posts, read 221,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
By all means then go get yourselves infected...I prefer to stay healthy and not get sick and have to potentially be hospitalized.
I intentionally got the infection early one and since I have not had a worry in the world. I have since been able to visit and take care of other people with Covid and never got reinfected. I also donate my antibody rich plasma to help those who need it.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:33 PM

653 posts, read 221,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. Could you please elaborate?
There is no mass cure for the disease, other than getting it and building up the antibodies as I have done. Wearing masks just slows the spread, but it does not end it. So the virus will be there as soon as you leave your home. You will get it eventually. The better course is to protect the at risk and then let everyone else get it ASAP and then we will be on the other side of this when there is no one left who has not had the virus. We will all be full of antibodies. I chose to get it early and have never been reinfected since, even though I visit and take care of Covid positive people.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:38 PM

57,234 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I completely agree.

Cue the haters..............
You wouldn’t be saying that if you worked in a hospital, I haven’t heard any expert offer that opinion.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:39 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,162,146 times
Masks. They will be wearing masks in alot of the schools.

I swear some of you - never stop complaining. You bitc* about every damn thing.

Covid is not going away. It's time to live with it, one way or another. If you're afraid, homeschool your children.

Most parents want their kids in SCHOOL... Kids need to socialize - parents need to go back to work..

Old 07-07-2020, 02:32 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,809 times
Florida (population 19 million) has added more than 113,000 cases in just over two weeks. Meanwhile Canada (population 33 million) has only reported 105,935 total cases since March. Clearly, Florida does not have the virus under control. They can pick examples from just about any European or East Asia country on how to successfully reduce numbers. But it seems like the Florida Republican leadership simply does not care. The rest of the world is looking at us in horror at how we're handling the virus and have even gone so far as to ban Americans from tourist travel. The fact that it's not embarrassing Americans is horrifying in itself, not to mention all the additional deaths/health issues that will arise from this disastrous "strategy." Parts of Australia are going back into lockdown after just over 100 new cases. Meanwhile, we're getting 100,000 plus a day! Everyone is looking at Americans like we're morons, and rightly so. No other developed nation has handled the virus this badly and in no other nation on Earth is mask wearing seen as controversial or as a political statement. It's time for Americans to wake up and take this virus seriously.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:35 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I intentionally got the infection early one and since I have not had a worry in the world. I have since been able to visit and take care of other people with Covid and never got reinfected. I also donate my antibody rich plasma to help those who need it.
oh-- how did you do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies