Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
What exactly does that mean "positive reactions and support"?

I'm genuinely perplexed/self-conscious as to how I'm supposed to react/interact with black people now when I'm out in public.

Do I fist thump my chest and nod my head while saying "BLM"?

Or, should I get choked up and gently touch someone and say "I'm so sorry"?

Should I take a knee? Step back and keep my eyes down?

Do I not do anything and run the risk of someone equating no reaction to not caring?

What is the correct protocol now?
This guy did some shoe shining. I prefer KFC

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...church-lecrae/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 02:01 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Looking to hear from any black person or democrat about how their lives have been improved by the looting and rioting and spray painting BLM on everything.

You might have gotten a few free TVs and shoes, and I’ll admit that lighting things on fire can be fun.

But is that it? Does anyone on here have an uplifting story about how they or someone they know has benefited?
Why would you assume that I need stolen merchandise or arson to get anything? Racist much?

there hasn’t been two months of rioting and looting.
Second , many of the people destroying property and lighting fires were WHITE.
Third , I’m glad that many people of Other races finally get that our lives matter.

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
I'm guessing life hasn't improved for that element of society. They're still busy looting, rioting, and shooting up people. Some things never change.
That's correct. Never will change. It's just that something will finally have to be done with that element of society.

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I can tell that none of you actually asked any of your black friends, family or colleagues what has changed for them in the past month.

I have.

The positive reactions and support from their employers, allies, local leaders, etc. has made them feel more hopeful for the future, and they anticipate that their children and grandchildren will have a better experience than they did.
positive reactions or fear of being called racist if they dont bend over?
Exactly what negative reactions did they get from employers, allies and local leaders due to their blackness before the riots, lootings, protests, shootings, etc.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:02 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,182,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
This guy did some shoe shining. I prefer KFC

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...church-lecrae/
Yep, the "black" roleplay.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:03 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
you can always tell when you're over the target...

...they ignore it

can't rep you enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And which of those things have actually improved the lives of the average black person? All I'm seeing is a lot more black people dying, a whole lot mindless destruction and everyone else cowering in fear, afraid to say anything about it.
  • If the goal was to make white people terrified of black people, congratulation, you succeeded.
  • If your goal was to make black neighborhoods vastly less safe, congratulations you succeeded.
  • If your goal was to kill off a bunch of black people, destroy black businesses and ruin the lives of several million black people, congratulations you succeeded.
  • If you wanted to increase support for many white nationalist and white supremacist groups that were on the verge of extinction, congratulations you succeeded.
  • If you wanted to earn the burning resentment towards blacks, BLM and Democrats from sports fans and people with just about every other hobby you can name, congratulations you succeeded.
  • If you wanted the United States divided along lines of hatred, congratulations you succeeded.
  • If you wanted every religious person to be terrified that you somebody might ban their faith and religious practice, congratulations you succeeded.

Are those really the things you wanted? Really??

Old 07-07-2020, 02:04 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Why would you assume that I need stolen merchandise or arson to get anything? Racist much?

there hasn’t been two months of rioting and looting.
Second , many of the people destroying property and lighting fires were WHITE.
Third , I’m glad that many people of Other races finally get that our lives matter.
The thread is about blacks and democrats, not just blacks.

There are many white democrats working hard alongside blacks to loot and burn democrat cities. I would not dare deny it as there is substantial video evidence.

But you never answered the question. Has the rioting improved your life or the life of someone you know?

Old 07-07-2020, 02:24 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Those are very small gains as compared to childrens lives, and so many other lives lost overall. Not to mention Millions, and maybe Billions of Dollars in destroyed public, and private property.

Down the road, there will be more costs compiled:

Lots of lost wages, and tax revenues, due to all the business closings during and after the riots.

Closed businesses in the inner cities that never re-open.

New businesses that were considering moving in, have likely changed their minds.

More residents of inner cities and neighboring communities (who feel as though they are too close), leaving these areas for good, which decreases tax & commerce dollars from the local economy.

Police officers transferring to other jurisdictions, or leaving law enforcement altogether making it harder for cities to staff their police forces. Many considering law enforcement will likely change their plans.

Police officers will be required to buy liability insurance will have their unions negotiate more pay to offset these costs, and thus the cities and local residents will be footing those bills in the taxes they pay.

More kids who saw the rioting, looting, and destructive behavior may emulate in their own future adult lives.

More voters who were on the bubble over who to vote for in November have been pushed into the Republican party than the Democrat party.

Cities will have a more difficut time hiring social workers since social workers will be scared to do work formerly done by armed police.

Softer police presence, and actions, will lead to increases in crime, and more cops will die.

Many services will stop serving these inner city areas such as: UBER, LYFT, taxis, private car services, food delivery services, pharmacy delivery, meals on wheels, private home healthcare serices, repairmen, ect..

Business insurors will be unwilling to provide business insurance, due to excessive exposure.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:30 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
If you measure the metrics for success in terms of BLM's goals for improving the life for Blacks (and I don't profess to know exactly nor do I care what they may be), then perhaps you could say it was a resounding success. Even within such a short period of time.

Think of how many companies felt incredible pressure to get with the program to name drop BLM on their websites and talk about needing racial justice for Blacks, so on and so forth. Companies and high profile figures who said nothing faced risk of accusations of being evil and 'racist.' I couldn't go to a website without BLM and seeing sickening pandering to Black people, whether it be Amazon or Netflix. You had foreign entities like the Korean K-pop band BTS donating a million US dollars to BLM. I can only imagine how much money BLM extorted, whoops, I mean, received donations from various corporations and individuals to this point.

And we had pledges from coast to coast about 'reforming' police behavior and even defunding the police.

But beyond those shallow standards that benefited no one but BLM and their ilk, nothing much has changed really. Just a few days ago police in Colorado were fired for stupidly recreating a chokehold that was used on Elijah McClain. Videos and reports continue to surface almost everyday of yet another incident of police brutality, both recent and retroactive. Violence has skyrocketed in multiple US cities where even innocent Black children are being killed, and their perpetrators face no retribution from their peers.

Race relations I would say have gotten worse. This could have been something many Americans could have embraced, yet as these 'peaceful demonstrations' descended into rioting, looting, murder and mayhem, with zero concern from BLM, all it did was further create backlash and a society that became angry at the pandering to a select group, while ignoring others.

So outside of the myopic viewpoint of 'success' BLM and its followers have, none of the looting and mayhem have benefited Blacks in general.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The thread is about blacks and democrats, not just blacks.

There are many white democrats working hard alongside blacks to loot and burn democrat cities. I would not dare deny it as there is substantial video evidence.

But you never answered the question. Has the rioting improved your life or the life of someone you know?
Actually yes, my company and my husbands company is re-examining a lot of policies and making an effort to include our point of view. My husband is one of two blacks on the leadership team, and he has been consulted more on a host of issues. Your thread makes it seem like the last month has been all riots when it has mostly been peaceful protests that have brought about a lot of good for working class and affluent Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies